More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:52:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Teen Style Stuff Objects Fix for FreeTime (Updated 2008/07/17) Armoire fix added
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teen Style Stuff Objects Fix for FreeTime (Updated 2008/07/17) Armoire fix added  (Read 21844 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Teen Style Stuff Objects Fix for FreeTime (Updated 2008/07/17) Armoire fix added
« on: 2008 July 17, 06:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another fix for cleaning up EAxian mess. EAxis "updated" some Teen Style Stuff objects for FreeTime, but they just never learn to do it right.

• Tinkering is now enabled for Teen TV.
  • Teen Computer can be placed on OFB shelves properly.
  • Annoying popup tooltips on Teen TV and Teen Vanity were removed.
  • Wrong animation of Elite & Gothic armoires was fixed.
    (Also fixes Store Deco armoire, if this fix is loaded after Deco armoire.)

This fix is for FreeTime Only. It won't work for pre-FT game, as EAxis changes the group of fixed SP objects for no sensible reason.
If you don't have FT but want to use BV functions on Teen computer, check out my BV fix for Teen computer and boombox.

All my other fixes for Teen Style Stuff Pack were rolled into this fix in FreeTime. As of FreeTime, they are now obsolete/redundant. If you were using any of fixes listed below, remove them.

This fix was rolled into Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life in Apartment Life. Remove it, and get the new AL fix.

2008-07-17: Updated to v1.01. Wrong animation of Elite & Gothic armoires was fixed. Also fixes Store Deco armoire, if this fix is loaded after Deco armoire.

Several people told me that Hack Conflict Detection Utility reports a conflict between this mod and Store Deco armoire. It's because this mod fixes wrong animation of Store Deco armoire, as I already said above. Just ignore the conflict, it's harmless. Make sure that this mod is loaded after Store Deco armoire to fix the wrong animation.
It does not conflict with my decorative slot mod, either.

Installation:

The installation locations are different for each file.

LdDarcy_TSSObjectDataFix_FT.package

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

zLdDarcy_TSSTVTinkerFix_FT.package

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Overrides
 (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

DO NOT remove z- prefix in the filename. It is for ensuring that the fix is loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.01: Animation fix for two TSS armoires and Store Deco armoire was added. (2008/07/17)

* LdDarcy_TSSObjectsFix_FT.zip (7.43 KB - downloaded 1149 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 10, 00:43:38 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Hack conflict - LdDarcy object fix with Armoire deco
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 27, 23:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a conflict reported by the HCDU; between LdDarcy_TSSObjectDataFix_FT.package and Armoire_Deco.package. I must confess, I'm rather confused by all the downloads and fixes at the moment, so would appreciate advice.

Does this conflict matter? Have I failed to update or delete something? Am I in the wrong place to report this? Help.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Hack conflict - LdDarcy object fix with Armoire deco
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 28, 00:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not really a "conflict". It fixes Store armoire too, as I said in the original post.

2008-07-17: Updated to v1.01. Wrong animation of Elite & Gothic armoires was fixed. Also fixes Store Deco armoire, if this fix is loaded after Deco armoire.

Store armoire has the same wrong animation problem as 2 Teen armoires, i.e. Sims' hands will pass right through the armoire door. The fix calls the appropriate small armoire semiglobal, instead of large armoire semiglobal. It's harmless in all post-OFB EPs.

Am I in the wrong place to report this?

Well, the more appropriate place to post it would be hereSmiley

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Teen Style Stuff Objects Fix for FreeTime (Updated 2008/07/17) Armoire fix a
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 28, 04:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I in the wrong place to report this?

Well, the more appropriate place to post it would be hereSmiley

Moved!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
Re: Teen Style Stuff Objects Fix for FreeTime (Updated 2008/07/17) Armoire fix added
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 28, 06:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to both of you, I had a senior moment there. If I had a prehensile beard I would claim it had choked off my oxygen; as I don't, I have no excuse.

So as long as LdDarcy_TSSObjectDataFix_FT.package loads after Armoire_Deco.package, I'm sweet.

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Teen Style Stuff Objects Fix for FreeTime (Updated 2008/07/17) Armoire fix added
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 28, 08:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never managed to run HCDU successfully myself, despite trying several different versions of VB runtime, but it is my understanding that this tool detects if two or more hacks modify the same resource. If so, any 3rd party hack which affects Store objects will be automatically reported as a conflict, because the game treats all Store objects as global hacks if they're found in Downloads folder.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 28, 09:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....because the game treats all Store objects as global hacks if they're found in Downloads folder.

Ah ha! Now I geddit.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: