More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:26:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work  (Read 256888 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders (updated 11-28-05)
« Reply #125 on: 2006 March 11, 08:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, I never figured out how to do this, because I'd never tried it before NL.  So it had never worked for me.  Now I know why.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 March 15, 18:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Motoki, my updates for the clothing mod. Big thanks again for your time and tutelage.

Edit: attachments no longer needed
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 17:31:19 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 March 23, 09:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no! I just now found this update, got all excited, and the file's been 404-ed.  Cry

Any idea where I can locate it?

[edit] Thank you for the quick re-attachment!  Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 10:12:23 by Hairfish » Logged
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 March 23, 10:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CuriousSpurious, I co-host Motoki's mod on my site, Mermaid Cove. May I have your permission to replace the original version on my site with your updated version(s)? You'll be fully credited for the update, of course. Have a look here:
http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/2enableelder.html

You can let me know in a reply, PM, email (hairfish @ hairfish . com), whatever is most convenient.

(I LOVE this mod...)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2006 March 23, 15:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I put the files back up but I don't have the buyable maternity clothes since I yanked them from my game figuring they were safely archived up here. lol

Can someone upload them as an attachment and I will update and add them to the first post.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2006 March 23, 16:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If no one has by then, I'll do it when I get off work Motoki (about 4 pm EST).

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 March 23, 16:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go.  I guess that's what we get for thinking, huh, Motoki?   Undecided

* Buyable Maxis Maternity Clothes.zip (0.83 KB - downloaded 248 times.)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2006 March 23, 17:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CuriousSpurious, I co-host Motoki's mod on my site, Mermaid Cove. May I have your permission to replace the original version on my site with your updated version(s)?

Sure, go ahead, do whatever you like. Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2006 March 23, 18:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay all files are back up now. Thanks for the maternity file Rainbow! Smiley

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2006 March 23, 18:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay Rainbow to the rescue! Grin

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 March 23, 18:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome.  *bows*  My bill is in the mail. Wink
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2006 March 24, 12:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, guys, the package I worked on was Motoki's original that had everything, as that's what I had Tongue. I removed most of the NPC outfits and workclothes (what looked really blah to me Tongue), but left the maternity clothes and a few pieces of NPC outfits (that I'll want to use when setting uniforms for a business) in the package. It doesn't create duplicate outfits if you also have the Maternity Clothes package and Work & NPC Clothes package in Downloads, but removing them won't make all of them go away if you are using my packages. I'll remove them later and put them up here. Sorry for the inconvenience. Embarrassed
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 March 24, 12:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ain't no big thing, don't worry about it. Get to it when you can. Smiley

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2006 March 24, 16:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okeydokey, they are done.

Edit: attachments no longer needed
« Last Edit: 2006 March 24, 16:43:35 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 March 24, 16:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay thanks. I updated the attachments on the first post to the updated files.

Hairfish if you nabbed these already might want to redownload them.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 March 24, 17:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I may be allowed to comment on my own creation, lol, I must say I am really liking having the buyable npc and work outfits with OFB to use as uni (it's in the first zip file attachment in the first post; the clothing equality mod.zip)

I use the TGI Friday's looking outfit from the culinary career as a uniform in my restaurant and the npc gardener outfit as a uniform in my plant shop. Smiley

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2006 March 24, 18:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. I've been using the version without the work & NPC because I'm not a fan of seeing townies in space suits :lol: and if my Sim meets someone who's randomly gotten a delivery person outfit, I can't always keep track of if they're really an NPC or a townie (really only important for challenges). But you've got a good point there...it would be nice to be able to use some of those outfits as uniforms for owned businesses. The uniforms that come with the game, like the gorilla suit and apron outfits, do they get put into the "pool" of outfits townies randomly get? I haven't had any townies generated since installing OFB so I don't know.

I'm thinking if there's something attached to those outfits that keeps them from being randomly assigned, could that attribute be applied to pre-OFB work/NPC outfits and included in this mod?

By the way, huge thanks to CuriousSpurious for the hard work updating this for OFB Smiley This is one of my favorite mods.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 March 24, 18:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, is it updated? I'm liking it too. I'm actually trying to update the npc and work clothes package for my own use Grin, but some clothes just won't show up in Bodyshop Undecided. Well, specifically the Natural Scientist fig leaf outfit. I've made sure to change the flags to 0 too, but nada. Not sure if it shows up in the game anyway as long as the property set is there, I haven't tried Tongue.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. In my excitement, I thought you were referring to the work and npc clothes mod. Tongue Embarrassed

...for the hard work updating this for OFB Smiley

It's not that hard, and you are welcome Smiley. Motoki is really the one you should be thanking, he's the one who told me how Wink. That's all I know though, enabling and disabling outfits, the rest I have no clues about.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 24, 18:31:17 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2006 March 24, 18:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: Gorilla suits

Oh god I hope not. Those townies are ugly enough as it is, they don't need that on top of it.

Are those suits buyable and selectable in the CAS or do they just show up as uniforms? One of these days I need to make a gorilla hide. And a deep sea diver hide too. I am sick of looking at them. Tongue

I honestly didn't think about townies generating with space suits and such lol. When I made the file I had already created the townies in my custom neighborhood and really haven't gotten any new ones except the pre-made ones NL and OFB added. I'll have to look into it though. I agree, I like being able to buy them or set them but I don't know if I want to see townies with them. You'd think Maxis would have put a flag in place for townies not to generate with certain outfits like pink gorillas and such but then again with the fugly townies they gave us I wouldn't put it past them either. :p

I'll have to dig through the files and look.

GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2006 March 24, 18:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a serious Swedish, blond moment here, so please bare with me.
Since I'm Swedish, I sometimes have a hard time to understand directions like these in English.

I have downloaded the Clothing Equality Mod and delted the elder clothing hide.package since I don't want that function... so far so good. Smiley But then I get confused, the Clothing Equality Mod contains a file called Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E.package. But since I also own both NL and OFB, I've also downloaded Curious Spurious addition Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB).package.

Now to that part were I get confused... should I have both Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E.package and Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB).package in my game, or should I only use the latter one that Curious Spurious made?

Edited to add... I forgot to say thank you for this game modification... How rude of me. Smiley

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2006 March 24, 18:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they do show up in CAS, I think, they're sure there in Bodyshop. I can verify tonight if they show in CAS but I'm pretty sure I've seen them there. I know the riding pants/Red Baron pants and the leather flight helmets are Tongue

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2006 March 24, 18:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now to that part were I get confused... should I have both Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E.package and Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB).package in my game, or should I only use the latter one that Curious Spurious made?

Okay, well here's where I get to have a blonde moment too and admit that I don't know how to use my own file. lol

I think Curious' just adds the additional OFB and NL outfits but not those from the base game. To be honest, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't look and I'm at work and don't have SimPE so I can't check right now.

I can say that I have been using both and that even if she did include the base TS2 stuff it won't hurt anything to have both files it other than to waste a small amount of hd space.

GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 March 24, 18:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, well here's where I get to have a blonde moment too and admit that I don't know how to use my own file. lol
Ha ha ha... Yeah, we all have those blond moments. Now, at least, I feel less dumb.  Cheesy

I guess I for now, leave both files in and keep on watching this thread to see if you or Curious Spurious or someone else have figured this out.

Your file is on 397 kB and Curious Spurious file is on 548 kB, and that makes me suspect that she might have included the things from your file as well. But that's just an assumtion made by the size of the files. Smiley

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2006 March 24, 19:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, if her file size is bigger you are probably right then, I be she did included. A big DUH for my assuming and not asking lol.

I'll check when I get home and update the info in the post because I agree it is confusing.

kiwianagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2006 March 24, 21:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the updated mod, its awesome.

One thing I noticed though was in the NL only one that the coach stuff is included for male and female adults but its not included in the OFB version. Is it meant to be included in the OFB one as well?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: