More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:26:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work  (Read 256889 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders (updated 11-28-05)
« Reply #150 on: 2006 March 25, 00:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now to that part were I get confused... should I have both Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E.package and Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB).package in my game...

Get the latter, the Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB).package. I added to Motoki's original file, first the NL stuffs (hence the existence of the Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL).package), it worked, then I added the OFB stuffs. See, I wasn't clear on whether one would need the corresponding EPs for the mod to work correctly, that's why I did 2 packages and named it as such - (NL) for those with NL only and (NL-OFB) for those without OFB yet Tongue.

One thing I noticed though was in the NL only one that the coach stuff is included for male and female adults but its not included in the OFB version. Is it meant to be included in the OFB one as well?

Are you using the one zipped as .rar? Get the .zip ones, as the former was made with Motoki's original that had everything - see post #137 above. The coach stuff was categorised as NPC outfits, which you would find in Motoki's Buyable Work and NPC Clothes mod.  It's easier to add than remove, the outfit names start to blend into each other after a while. I looked and while the coach stuffs aren't in my packages anymore, there was an adult male bartender outfit that I missed. Well, that, and a handful of fancy sounding "contest" outfits that I swear (I thought) I had deleted and saved the changes but apparently not Tongue.

I will not confirm nor deny if I'm male, female or hermaphrodite.Tongue Grin

It's my first time modding something, sorry for the confusion. Embarrassed
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 March 25, 01:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the latter, the Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E (NL-OFB).package.
Thank you for the speedy reply.  And thank you for the mod. Smiley

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 March 25, 03:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I wasn't clear on whether one would need the corresponding EPs for the mod to work correctly, that's why I did 2 packages and named it as such - (NL) for those with NL only and (NL-OFB) for those without OFB yet Tongue.
I'm sorry, but I'm confused by this statement.  I thought the label "NL-OFB" would mean that it was to be used for people with both NL and OFB, but your statement sounds as if the "NL-OFB" package is for those that do not have OFB.  If that is the case, where is the package for OFB?  And why would there be two packages for NL?  You state above that the first package is for those with NL only and the second is for those without OFB.  That does not make sense.  Is there a typo in there somewhere?  Or am I just confused?  Huh
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006 March 25, 03:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using (NL-OFB) and I only have University, The other clothing will not show up unless I get another expansion pack. Just use the one that covers the most expansion packs so that you don't have to replace it.  Tongue

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 March 25, 07:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You state above that the first package is for those with NL only and the second is for those without OFB.  That does not make sense.  Is there a typo in there somewhere?  Or am I just confused?  Huh

Bad bad sentence structure. I meant it as "NL" for people who has NL only, "NL-OFB" for people with both NL and OFB.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2006 March 25, 07:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks.  Whew, my head was hurting. Smiley
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006 March 25, 07:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Embarrassed.

I imagine it wouldn't do any harm even if you get the package that contained clothing files from an EP one doesn't have yet (what simsbaby said - they'll just not show up), but I wasn't sure how that would affect the other clothes, like, maybe they'll show up funny, so I named them the way that I thought would be more self-explanatory, you know what I mean? Embarrassed
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2006 March 25, 07:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I understand.  Everything is good now. Cheesy
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2006 March 25, 19:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Motoki: You've probably checked yourself by now Tongue But the gorilla and ninja suits and all that stuff does indeed show up in CAS. I had a bunch of townies generated in a new 'hood last night and so far I haven't seen anyone dressed in any of the OFB uniforms.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2006 March 25, 21:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the original Mod ever since Motoki first made it available, and I've never seen a Townie in any of the career outfits. So there's something in their code that keeps them from being used on generated Townies. I'd expect the same to be true of those HIDEOUS OFB "uniforms." OMG, what WERE they thinking?! I'd cross the street to avoid any RL business that had employees dressed as gorillas, or deep-sea divers, or even ninjas. Unless I was in a theme park...

I have the pre-order chicken suit, which I kinda like. I'm going to have one of my Sims open a fried-chicken restaurant eventually. Maybe I'll just dress one as a giant (recolored) pink chicken and have it seduce Sim-Pescado.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2006 March 25, 21:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, if anyone wants more coordinates to go with the Adult-on-Elder Maxis clothes, I've got some on the Cove, here:
http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/2clothing_fa-fya.html

The pants were the most important thing, for me. I can live with Maxis' tops, which is why there are so few of those (so far) recolored for Adult-on-Elders, but their pants are dreadful.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2006 March 25, 22:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I like the Mrs. Crumplebottom no fat suit. Eat as much as you want and never get fat. If anyone could figure out how to do that irl they'd be rich.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2006 March 25, 22:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims age transition with the space suit and Santa Claus suit.  That's why I took out the work clothes mod.  But a few of the outfits aren't too bad, like the one in the Culinary career with the purple shirt and black skirt/pants.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2006 March 25, 23:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow I didn't touch the Santa suit. The holiday pack wasn't even out when I made this so there's no reference to it in the file. You can blame Maxis for that. Tongue

Oh and I re-arranged the first post. It was getting confusing. It's still wordy than I would like it to be but oh well.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Re: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work
« Reply #164 on: 2006 March 26, 01:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the pre-order chicken suit, which I kinda like. I'm going to have one of my Sims open a fried-chicken restaurant eventually. Maybe I'll just dress one as a giant (recolored) pink chicken and have it seduce Sim-Pescado.

If you do that, you MUST share screenshots! Cheesy

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Clothing equality mod - adult clothes for elders, buyable maternity and work
« Reply #165 on: 2006 April 23, 22:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way this mod could be expanded to include the "clothes" and "hairstyle" for Servo? I can imagine some interesting uses for being able to dress regular sims up as servo.

Also, Can you have it unlock the masks for the captain hero and criminal mastermind?

Thanks a million. I have been using this since I first found it, and those options would make it 100% perfect!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2006 April 24, 03:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can unlock the servo body and head (which the game classifies as "hair") the problem with that is the sims face will still be there like a mask over top of the servo head and I don't know how to get around that. Well I know a way but it involves editing the character's file manually in SimPE and is something most people probably won't feel comfortable messing with.

And maybe I am unobservant here, but the captain heros and criminal masterminds have masks? I never noticed this on my sims before.  Shocked

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006 April 24, 04:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And maybe I am unobservant here, but the captain heros and criminal masterminds have masks? I never noticed this on my sims before.  Shocked
Neither have I.  Where did you see these?  That sure would be interesting.  I've been playing over a year now, and I've never seen a mask for any of my Captain Heros or Criminal Masterminds. 
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2006 April 24, 09:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're under costume makeup and unlocked anyways. They're not part of the work outfit. I think Tybalt wears the "Criminal Mastermind" one, and the supposed Captain Hero one is blue.

Edited to add image:

« Last Edit: 2006 April 24, 10:28:17 by Nihale » Logged

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2006 April 24, 13:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can unlock the servo body and head (which the game classifies as "hair") the problem with that is the sims face will still be there like a mask over top of the servo head and I don't know how to get around that. Well I know a way but it involves editing the character's file manually in SimPE and is something most people probably won't feel comfortable messing with.

The way around this is to use the headless (faceless) genetics that are floating around out there. I forget who it's by, but I believe it's available on ModTheSims2.com,. I'd double-check, but the site is unreachable for me at the moment.

I think they're under costume makeup and unlocked anyways. They're not part of the work outfit. I think Tybalt wears the "Criminal Mastermind" one, and the supposed Captain Hero one is blue.

Thanks for pointing those out. I don't know how I overlooked them.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2006 April 25, 20:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dadditude: hmm, I guess the faceless genetics would work, but what would be the purpose you'd want it? I mean, if you want a human to be able to dress up sometimes as a robot like for a custom party or something, I'd imagine you'd want them to have a face the rest of the time. Wink And if you're using it to make servo recolors, you can't make a servo in the CAS all you can do is make a sim that looks like one but it won't function as one.

You should check out Argon's file for servo recolors as he seems to have gotten around the face thing.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2006 April 25, 23:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had dormies generate in work clothes such as the Captain Hero.  What I did was add the blue mask to complete the look, but the really funny part was when TJ's evil mascot thing kicked in for the Cow, that same dormie was the one who generated the gun and sent it packing.  Just a funny moment I thought I'd share with you  Smiley
I did get a snapshot of the moment which happened before I bought OFB I think.
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/miramis82/?action=view&current=DormPolice.jpg
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006 April 26, 04:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha! Too funny, love the superhero dormie. Where the heck did you get that gun? It looks like a supersoaker!  Grin

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: 2006 April 26, 11:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki you are my new hero! I have been belting my head against a wall trying to unlock a uniform (that bit was easy) but couldn't get the ruddy thing to shop in bodyshop.  Thanks to your mod it showed up in a heartbeat.

Axe murdered since 2006
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006 April 26, 11:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha! Too funny, love the superhero dormie. Where the heck did you get that gun? It looks like a supersoaker!  Grin
It's actually the zapper used by the Repo man.  Haven't you seen TwoJeff's Evil Cow Mascot Trophy Head?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: