More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:40:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Unlocked FreeTime Career Outfits - for FreeTime Patch (Updated 2008/09/04)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unlocked FreeTime Career Outfits - for FreeTime Patch (Updated 2008/09/04)  (Read 29349 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Unlocked FreeTime Career Outfits - for FreeTime Patch (Updated 2008/09/04)
« on: 2008 July 14, 20:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever wondered why that cute pink unitard with legwarmers is gone from your game after installing FT patch? No ballet tutu, no female dance outfit with a ring on the shoulder?

If you applied FreeTime patch, FreeTime career outfits are no longer available in CAS and buy catalog. You cannot buy these outfits at shops anymore. They are now inaccessible, unless you're creating fresh Sims in CAS with debug mode on.
Furthermore, as of FreeTime, all career outfits (not just FT ones) are no longer added to family wardrobe when a Sim gets a new job or a promotion, a throwback to base game days. This is true even for unpatched game.

Seems that a lot of people who applied FT patch miss FT career outfits that were once available in CAS and clothing stores. By popular demand, I made this FT career outfit unlocker.

What is unlocked:

• All FreeTime career outfits
  • PlantSim Leafy Clothing (not Fig Leaf outfit)
  • Food Judge outfits

I changed the category of World Class Ballet Dancer outfits from Everyday Only to Everyday/Gym. It's stupid to have this outfit only in Everyday, when Sims cannot perform ballet in Everyday outfit.
Also changed category of wetsuits from Everyday Only to Everyday/Swimwear. There are actually two identical copies of wetsuits, but I activated only one of them. If you already bought the other one from store before you applied patch, you may find duplicate copies in some family wardrobes.

Most of career outfits are flagged with 0x08, meaning that townies will not be spawned dressed in these outfits. It's silly to have townies flocking to treadmills in community gyms garbed in ballet tutu, after all. Only unitards and track dancer outfits are enabled for townies.

If other clothing unlocker/hider/recategorize mods change these outfits, this unlocker will not be compatible with them.

This unlocker does NOT enable career outfits to be automatically added to family wardrobe when a Sim gets a new job or a promotion. You have to get my other fix to get this pre-FT feature back:
Career Outfits are Added to Wardrobe Again in FreeTime

Installation:

You can put this unlocker in your Downloads folder as usual, but please be aware that delete button for career outfits may be enabled in Body Shop or CAS. You might accidentally delete it.

If you want to disable the delete button completely, put the file in here:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 <YOUR LATEST EP>\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins
 (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

E.g. if your latest EP is FreeTime, the location will be like this:
 C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

Files are loaded in alphabetical order, the last loaded overriding the ones loaded earlier.

If you want to keep the fix in \Skins folder, DO NOT remove z- prefix from the file name. It's there to ensure that the fix is loaded after Skins.package, overriding original Property Set.
If you want to make a subfolder for your fixes/hiders/unlockers under \Skins folder, name the subfolder as something like z_Fixes, so that files in the subfolder load after Skins.package.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.01: Male unitard was enabled for YAs. (2008/09/04)

* LdDarcy_Unlocked-EP7-CareerOutfits.zip (2.49 KB - downloaded 1320 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 04, 13:17:01 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Unlocked FreeTime Career Outfits - for FreeTime Patch
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 15, 14:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BAAH.  Much thanks.  Just realised last night that mah scrunchy pink socks were missing.  Will test as soon as I get home.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 18, 18:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed the Free Time patch, so these outfits are still iin my game. I thought patches were supposed to fix things that aren't working right, now one has to be concerned with what is being taken away by using patches. Maybe these are to be future items in the EA (money grabbing) Store.

I've noticed that after installing new eps, many problems that were happening with previous ep became fixed. Would then these outfits disappear if I were to install a new ep onto an unpatched game. If so, I will be back and downloading with a passion. Darn EA.. people can't even retain what they've already paid for.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 18, 21:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought patches were supposed to fix things that aren't working right, now one has to be concerned with what is being taken away by using patches. Maybe these are to be future items in the EA (money grabbing) Store.
To be fair, career outfits were always hidden in CAS and could not be bought at stores in all previous EPs. When I first installed FreeTime, I was actually surprised to find that all those new career outfits were available in CAS without debug mode on. FT patch merely restored status quo ante.

Of course, as FT took away the automatic snarfing of career outfits too, taking them away from CAS and buy mode made them effectively off-limits.

I've noticed that after installing new eps, many problems that were happening with previous ep became fixed.
Usually at the cost of introducing a whole batch of newfangled b0rkage.

Would then these outfits disappear if I were to install a new ep onto an unpatched game.
It is possible they don't disappear if you install AL over unpatched FT, as property sets for EP-specific clothes -- like career outfits or Seasons Outerwear -- tend not to be carried over to the next EP.

Odessa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 20, 19:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm amazed at all the things you manage to find that are missing. I feel silly for not even noticing they're gone until I see one of your wonderful fixes. Heh. Thank you!

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me."
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 09, 13:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. I kinda prefer the outfits locked in my game or some reason, although I do want auto-snarfing back. Could you possibly do a version that just re-enables auto-snarf?
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 09, 13:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Do you mean this?

This unlocker does NOT enable career outfits to be automatically added to family wardrobe when a Sim gets a new job or a promotion. You have to get my other fix to get this pre-FT feature back:

Dive in!
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 09, 13:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Do you mean this?

Oh, I missed that. Embarrassed Well thanks anyway. I've had several tabs of Lord Darcy's stuff open at the same time, so I guess it's easy to miss stuff when there's a lot to read. *retrieves glasses*
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 09, 14:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Yeah, I understand, Lord Darcy has made a lot of awesome fixes so it's easy to miss something in the end.

You wear glasses? I wish I did too, if I needed them I'd wear them all the time. Glasses are sexy. (They'd be one of my turn-ons if I were a sim. Tongue)

Dive in!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 12, 14:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's no specific reason why you NEED a career outfit to ALWAYS be wardrobed, as some of them are quite garish and not at all suitable for being in the wardrobe, like the fry-guy costumes, and others have specific headgear which would not be added. The Clothing Tool provides the option to snarf desirable outfits and just ignore undesirable ones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Unlocked FreeTime Career Outfits - for FreeTime Patch (Updated 2008/09/04)
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 04, 13:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-09-04: Updated to v1.01. Male unitard was enabled for YAs as well.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 28, 15:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this in conflict with Phaenoh's Great Clothing Migration V2 (http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=280521) and Career Outfit Clones for Athleticwear Category (http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=287434)?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 28, 15:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, both mine and Phaenoh's override the same Property Sets for various FT career outfits.

Quote from: Phaenoh
Hides all the ballerina unitards and tutus, sporty and exercise-y clothes, and the soccer outfits in Everyday and Athletic.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: