More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 09:13:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Date gifts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Date gifts  (Read 38652 times)
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Re: Date gifts
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 17, 19:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the rakes that worry me, actually.

PB

SNUGGLES
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 17, 19:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been trying to find some kind of logic or pattern to date gift giving since nightlife launched.   I can't find any at all.

I normally do not get anything besides roses, even for dream dates.  Scored outings though tend to result in some kind of gift ( 60% of the time ).

My sims date all kinds of townies and college kids as well as other playable sims.  It doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

I hope someone is able to figure out the coding and what prompts the gifts.  I have many poor sims who would love some goodies.  Cheesy
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 17, 19:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: The following post is more than a little bit off-topic.

Not to be mean, but: Your username is seriously "SNUGGLES"? Don't you think the all-caps is a bit unnecessary?
*Tsenatserix shields eyes
Not that my username is any better, but for the gods' collective sake, at least it's sentence case!

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 17, 19:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my early generations, I got a Teen Townie as a Matchmaker drop.  Don't recall if it was a Dream Date or not, but my Sim definitely scored her First Kiss.  After the date was over, the Townie stuck around until midnight-ish raking leaves of his own volition, and then came back a couple of hours later with an expensive TV.  Apparently he REALLY likes doing yardwork.

For me, it's not so disturbing that they pull fishing rods, rakes, etc OUT of their pants, but that they put FISH in there and then EAT THEM.  Especially when the Sim in question is a Romance Sim with a Harem of Lovers LTW and those pants have BEEN PLACES.  Which is why I have a Fish Shop.

Edit: Tsenatserix--Love the sig!  "There's nothing more dangerous than a smart sheep!"

SNUGGLES
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 17, 21:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: The following post is more than a little bit off-topic.

Not to be mean, but: Your username is seriously "SNUGGLES"? Don't you think the all-caps is a bit unnecessary?
*Tsenatserix shields eyes
Not that my username is any better, but for the gods' collective sake, at least it's sentence case!

Rofl!  Well this coming from someone with a username that is barely pronounceable and doesn't make sense.   *winks

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 17, 21:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least SNUGGLES sounds like s/he can put a sentence together, has some sort of a sense of humour, and uses punctuation and caps properly in a sentence.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 17, 21:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, it's not so disturbing that they pull fishing rods, rakes, etc OUT of their pants, but that they put FISH in there and then EAT THEM.  Especially when the Sim in question is a Romance Sim with a Harem of Lovers LTW and those pants have BEEN PLACES.  Which is why I have a Fish Shop.
Because it's better when the fish is coming out of someone else's pants? I don't know about you, but I'd rather eat fish that came out of my own buttcrack rather than the guy down the street's.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 17, 22:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, it's not so disturbing that they pull fishing rods, rakes, etc OUT of their pants, but that they put FISH in there and then EAT THEM.  Especially when the Sim in question is a Romance Sim with a Harem of Lovers LTW and those pants have BEEN PLACES.  Which is why I have a Fish Shop.
Because it's better when the fish is coming out of someone else's pants? I don't know about you, but I'd rather eat fish that came out of my own buttcrack rather than the guy down the street's.

The whole point is that they sell the fish to Townies (and unlucky SimSelves who happen to wander by), rather than allow them to be eaten in-house.  It's actually sort of a brilliant business plan, given that there is no overhead.  And if playables happen to buy them, too bad for them!  "Hey!  Come buy this catfish that has been in my Skanky Romance Sim father's pants!  It's a steal at Expensive!  Delay too long going to the register?  Buy more pants-fish!" *restocks the display cases for a grand total of $0*  Finn's Fins is a Level-10 business that is pure profit, baby!

Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 20, 02:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to get more gifts on outings rather than dates, the stuff I have gotten is DJ Booths, Exp Telescope, Exp TVs, Spas and even got an Expresso Machine and food processor.  This is on both outings and dates.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 20, 02:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno what's scarier - the idea of eating fish that came from anyone's asscrack, or that I understood your logic completely...LOL. I agree on the businesses though; I make an "NPC" (that is, once I set up the business and stock it with staff, no longer play that playable) business that is like a "walmart" style thing that sells just about everything in the game possible in different sections of the store and end up with an absolute ton of items on move-ins.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 20, 06:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my first car from Rivka, a townie. It absolutely made up for the fact that she was secretly a romance sim and went nutsoid after the proposal.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 20, 07:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my first car from Rivka, a townie. It absolutely made up for the fact that she was secretly a romance sim and went nutsoid after the proposal.

You got a CAR?  How?  Did you just happen to have an empty driveway for her to put it on?

PB

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 20, 08:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to add a pet-peeve of mine concerning date gifts.   For those sims who have decks where the front door is, if the deck isn't large enough to handle the gift, they'll put the roses on the deck with no problems, but when it comes to sneaking in with the gift, they'll get frustrated, turn around and leave without leaving the gift.   

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 20, 08:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah-this is why I always try to leave at least a 3x4 space free as the size of the largest gift I have found is the karaoke.

If they sneak and ring the doorbell, just make space for them to drop the gift (I usually just pop the driveway and car temporarily in inventory) and force error on the gift-giver. They will sneak up to the doorway and then go drop the gift on the empty driveway space.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 20, 12:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. I once had a sim drop the dance sphere (which is pretty big) at a house with very little frontage, having only two squares of lawn between the house and the sidewalk.  The house had no foundation, though.

I seem to get the best gifts when the date ends sometime between 7 p.m. and midnight.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 20, 13:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes
It's not a portable hole. Their right butt-cheek pocket is a portal to an alternate dimension.

But that's what a portable hole is. Someone here needs to bone up on her AD&D rules. Wink

I know I'm a little late to reply here  - sorry, life (and a weekend away) comes first. Cheesy

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 20, 16:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a house is on a foundation then you need a large enough porch for the gift. They won't drop near doors or stairs so that means at least 3x4 of empty decking.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 20, 18:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to imagine a sim pulling a car out of their ass.  I must get sims out on moar dates.

Tribulatio proxima est
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 July 20, 18:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to imagine a sim pulling a car out of their ass.  I must get sims out on moar dates.
Date gifts are actually transported in a Bag of Holding. Much like the burglar's sack that can easily stash away a sofa and the kitchen stove, the burlap Bag of Holding can easily accommodate gifts which would otherwise be unwieldy. And as an added feature, the bag simply evaporates in a puff of red smoke. The gift appears a la TaDa!, eliminating the need for a "pull this Dance Sphere out of a medium-sized sack" animation.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 20, 23:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a house is on a foundation then you need a large enough porch for the gift. They won't drop near doors or stairs so that means at least 3x4 of empty decking.

This is odd.  I do remember this was a consistent problem from NL through Seasons, but since BV the dormies have been dropping their gifts more or less by the pedestrian portal.  The porch on that particular uni residence is really more of a tiny stoop.  It's only 3x1 accomodating a door and the steps off the foundation.  Huh  Maybe for once the Aspyr patch actually fixed something.

You got a CAR?  How?  Did you just happen to have an empty driveway for her to put it on?

I think she meant that when the townie married in, she brought a car in her inventory, not a date gift.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 July 21, 01:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PB
Sorry, I was unclear. It was in her inventory upon move-in.

Roll Eyes
It's not a portable hole. Their right butt-cheek pocket is a portal to an alternate dimension.

But that's what a portable hole is. Someone here needs to bone up on her AD&D rules. Wink
Someone isn't that much of a dork.
*I kid, I've played NWN.*

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 July 21, 06:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

Hammerspace  Grin

Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 July 21, 12:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that form a four-dimensional theoretical construct when combined with Hammertime?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 July 22, 08:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it make sense that gifts would result from outings more often than dates since outings involve more sims, so the odds of one of them dropping something off are higher?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 July 22, 10:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not applicable in my case, as apart from the initial unscored outing at 6-7pm on move-in to n/hood, my sims only go on outings with 1 sim. No groups. I have noticed though, if my sim becomes 'best friends' with the other sim while on the scored outing then the chance of a gift being left is very high.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: