More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:33:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Update Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Update Request  (Read 4772 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Update Request
« on: 2008 July 12, 04:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, a couple of years ago you made a hack that allowed someone in the military career track to select his dress uniform as formal wear. I loved that hack. It isn't working anymore. I would be very appreciative if you would update it.

* armyformal.package (4.76 KB - downloaded 165 times.)

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
Re: Update Request
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 12, 07:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if you're only a little comfortable with SimPE, you could probably do it yourself. It's not too hard or threatening.

There's a tutorial on how to recategorize game content here.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 12, 07:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While the career outfits may not be categorized as formal (I can't remember) I do know you can use the clothing tool to "gank" any outfit a sim is wearing and add it too your sim's clothing inventory so they can use it at any time. Could try that too.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 12, 08:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While the career outfits may not be categorized as formal (I can't remember) I do know you can use the clothing tool to "gank" any outfit a sim is wearing and add it too your sim's clothing inventory so they can use it at any time. Could try that too.

The clothing tool doesn't give me the option to select uniforms as formal attire, however, so sims won't change into them automatically (such as at weddings). Also, I loved that the hack only made the uniform option available to sims in the military career. I have no idea how to do that, and the tutorial doesn't even touch on it.

I appreciate the suggestions though.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 12, 09:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack in Peasantry by Motoki that allows all the career outfits to show in Cas and BS. If you download that you can either 1) Extract and recategorise the outfit in Bodyshop to show as formal if it doesn't show as that already and/or 2) Buy the outfit via the clothing tool and set as formal if it is already categorised as formalwear.

Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 12, 21:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clothing tool doesn't give me the option to select uniforms as formal attire, however, so sims won't change into them automatically (such as at weddings). Also, I loved that the hack only made the uniform option available to sims in the military career. I have no idea how to do that, and the tutorial doesn't even touch on it.

I appreciate the suggestions though.
I might be missing something, but I don't see the problem. The Sims will still only have the outfits from being in the Military career unless you unlock or clone the outfits and have someone purchase them.

I've opened up the file you attached and it does just look like a simple recategorization. I don't see anything that isn't a Property Set for an outfit and the only things that have been changed are the clothing categories. Although that does bring up the question as to why it doesn't work any longer. Are you certain you aren't experiencing some kind of conflict with another file?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 13, 00:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've opened up the file you attached and it does just look like a simple recategorization. I don't see anything that isn't a Property Set for an outfit and the only things that have been changed are the clothing categories. Although that does bring up the question as to why it doesn't work any longer. Are you certain you aren't experiencing some kind of conflict with another file?

Installing K&B can break existing clothing unlockers, as K&B updated all base game clothing to Pets (version 4) including every career outfit from base game. The issue was discussed here.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 13, 03:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing K&B can break existing clothing unlockers, as K&B updated all base game clothing to Pets (version 4) including every career outfit from base game. The issue was discussed here.

*sigh* Too many threads, too little time...I didn't understand the nature of the problem, or how to begin to search. Baaah!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: