More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:52:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Losing Whole Neighborhoods
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Losing Whole Neighborhoods  (Read 3135 times)
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Losing Whole Neighborhoods
« on: 2008 July 08, 19:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry  When I lost Starling Springs a few months ago,  I tried and tried everything I could think of to get it working again.  It would load up just fine,  but if I clicked on any lot there the game would crash.   This happened for no discernable reason.  I finally was able to package up my houses and put them on an empty new neighborhood screen.  There weren't any people there yet.  So oh well!   Now the same thing has happened to a populated older neighborhood.  It was fine then the next time I went to it a few weeks later, the minute it tried to enter an unpopulated commercial lot, to work on it,  the game crashed.   When I tried restarting it crashed before it got to the neighborhood screen.   I moved the neighborhood folder to a test bed and it started but still crashed when I tried to enter an empty lot there.   I restarted it and tried to package up some of the families like I had been able to in Starling Springs,   but it crashed at the point where it should have said the package was located such and such where.   
I have tried to put the neighborhood folder into another game,   I have several,   and got the same reaction....crash crash crash.    I took out all the suburbs and snapshots and managers.   It started up,  but the first time I tried to enter a lot crash. 
I have all the EPS and SPs except TeenStuff ,, Ikea,  and FT.    When SecuRom raised it's ugly head I began using a crack (after I lost an entire computer to it) Anyone have any magic solution to recover this neighborhood.  I had a few families there and some really Pretty homes.    All the elementary stuff like deleting the cache etc. have been no help.   Is there something I could change in the game files themselves,  like a corrupted sg,   and where could it be?   Thanks for any and all help.   I hate losing an old neighborhood let alone the 24 or so people I had living there.   K
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Losing Whole Neighborhoods
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 08, 22:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried taking out your downloads folder? It may be that you have a corrupted piece of CC in there.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 09, 00:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing your downloads folder is not the surefire solution for preventing crashes. Sometimes removing a piece of CC is what CAUSES crashes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 09, 02:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I did try to open it without any CC.   The test bed I refered to has no CC.    That is where it opened,  but again crashed on trying to enter a lot.  All the elementary steps I know have been tried.   Is there a way I don't know about to regain just the populated lots?   No one has produced a program to isolate lots and salvage them,  when the game doesn't permit packaging them.   Sad  I could clone my people through SimEnhancer,   But it seems their homes are destroyed.    Hasn't anyone else had a problem like this?   K
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 09, 02:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No program is needed to salvage lots, merely copypasta'ing the lot file over the lot file in another neighborhood, or even the same neighborhood, will duplicate the lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 10, 19:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the pointer Pescado!  You are the man!   (Hope I got that right....)   
I remembered from working with making CAS!  that I could take any lot and change its file name to a cx file.  So I have all the houses.    And fortunately I had renamed the neighborhood template for my neighborhood to the same name,   so I can rebuild it from snapshots.    I had managed to get the families into the lot catalog/lot bin already.   This particular neighborhood had an owned hardware store,   a home business junkyard,  with dog...(cranky brute!)  and a lot of very nice things like a golf course!  And a men-only club.    I had spent a lot of time and it really aggravated me when for no apparent reason it acted up.   I wish the txt file that we are given in the log had some clue as to what tripped.   It would be a great deal of help at times like this,   but for all my studying it,   I can find nothing that tells me anything of value.   Oh, well.  Maybe in Sims3....That will be a year old before I chance using it, once someone has cracked it to reduce the EA/Maxis interference.    Copy protection my butt!   K
BTW,  I have tried to just copy the file straight from the Neighborhood folder into a new neighborhood,  but it wasn't placed.  The lot bin is as close as I have been able to come.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: