More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:06:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  nobuskers issue...?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: nobuskers issue...?  (Read 5011 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
nobuskers issue...?
« on: 2008 July 07, 21:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've searched and searched but couldn't find an existing thread to ask this in. (Or one that answered it)

How does the nobuskers file treat BV hotel lots?

I've been to the mountain hotel that includes a white grand piano and my Sims only have the option to perform. Any viewing Sims can only "Watch" or "Dance".

Any non-controllable hotel guests however always seem to use a tipping jar. With them my Sims can "Watch", "Dance" and "Tip" them.

Is this something that was, dare I say, overlooked or is it more likely a hack conflict? I have run the conflict detector and it comes up with nothing. I'm also using the latest version of nobuskers. I re-downloaded it to make sure.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 13:42:22 by Menaceman » Logged
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: nobuskers issue...?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 07, 21:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same story here. I reported it in the BV thread ages ago.

Guests and native sims put out the tip jar and play the paino incessantly at hotels forcing me to remove the pianos from all hotel lots.  They also play for tips on my home lot using the FT violin.
I have the newest updated version of nobuskers dated 2.25.08.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 23, 17:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hellooooo? Anybody home? I'd really like to know if this is just something wrong with my game or not. I have stuck this in the right place haven't I?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 23, 17:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what's going on - nobuskers may not affect hotels, since the RTFM suggests that private homes and frat houses are not "busker-friendly".  I think that part of the problem is that a lot of us don't bother doing holidays all that much, even if we have BV loaded.

You should note that if you have a party (sports party, house party, wedding, etc.) nobuskers will not stop party guests from playing instruments in a residential lot.

Tribulatio proxima est
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 24, 10:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also play for tips on my home lot using the FT violin.
I have the newest updated version of nobuskers dated 2.25.08.

I have this problem too. It drives me crazy! I'm glad it's not just me though, because that means it's probably not a hack conflict that I have to go looking for. I'd been putting that off! Now I just have to work out why my toddlers with green aspirations and mood have suddenly decided they want to play with the toilet all the time again.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 24, 19:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've searched and searched but couldn't find an existing thread to ask this in. (Or one that answered it)

How does the nobuskers file treat BV hotel lots?

I've been to the mountain hotel that includes a white grand piano and my Sims only have the option to perform. Any viewing Sims can only "Watch" or "Dance".

Any non-controllable hotel guests however always seem to use a tipping jar. With them my Sims can "Watch", "Dance" and "Tip" them.

Is this something that was, dare I say, overlooked or is it more likely a hack conflict? I have run the conflict detector and it comes up with nothing. I'm also using the latest version of nobuskers. I re-downloaded it to make sure.

I'm pretty sure non-playables can busk at dorms, which is pretty much what the hotels are. Should playables have a "Practice" option in addition to "Perform" when at a hotel? Don't know; I've never tried to "Perform" on a hotel lot, nor have I seen a non-playable performing. But I've also never tried BV without the comm-skilling hack, so I'm not sure if playables should have a "Practice" option away from home without it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 25, 13:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The options always appear when you attempt to give the order manually, so you can always do anything you'd normally want to. Autonomous selection, however, is suppressed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 02, 19:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a booboo like the nonawesome fool that I am. My Sims only have the option to PRACTICE on hotel lots and cannot perform. If they could only perform then I don't think I would have bothered making this post in the first place. At least they have the chance of getting cash from performing.
Was it late when I made the original post?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 03, 13:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack is due to be discontinued and superceded by the general-purpose Autonomy Control, which largely covers this functionality anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: