More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:51:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Which BHAVs increase Freetime's "Apiration Benefit Points" ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Which BHAVs increase Freetime's "Apiration Benefit Points" ?  (Read 4716 times)
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Which BHAVs increase Freetime's "Apiration Benefit Points" ?
« on: 2008 July 07, 02:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went combing through Freetime's objects.package for more than an hour, last night, and couldn't spot it. 

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

Also, is there any way to get simpe to dump a text file listing of the thousands of BHAV titles, so I could text search them more quickly using notepad?

I want to make a hack to slow down the build-up of aspiration benefit points to about 1/4 of the current default pace.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Alawren
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Which BHAVs increase Freetime's "Apiration Benefit Points" ?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 09, 00:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would find that useful, so I hope someone awesome can help you. I am tired that my sims are perm plat by the time they hit adulthood. Must start going for negative aspirations I guess.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Which BHAVs increase Freetime's "Apiration Benefit Points" ?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 09, 00:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, now that's an idea.

Or, how about a hack to make Sims drop dead as soon as they reach permaplat?  It would certainly introduce a new element of gameplay, wouldn't it?  The only problem is, I have no idea where or how to test the aspiration benefit points level so you could do that.  Maybe it's hidden in the LUA files.

--- update --

AHA!  Found it.

[global 0x0612] Long Term Aspiration - Modify Points

--- UPDATE AGAIN ---

Okay!  I have a hack ready for test.  It seems to work for me.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12387.0.htm

I divide the number of new points by three before adding them to the lifetime aspiration total.  It seems to work, although I still have some questions.

With the hack installed, I created two new Sims in CAS, Jelly Neptune and Merv Neptune, and placed them on an empty lot with Insim.  I self-impregnated Jelly and then rushed her through to the birth, and saved the game, exited.  She did not have the "Have a Baby want."   

In Simpe, I saw the following values for their lifetime aspiration points.  Simpe, for some incomprehensible reason, displays them in hex, so I have translated to decimal.

Merv 9880
Jelly 10280   ---- that's 400 points more than Merv.
Eddie (the baby) 1800
For reference sake, all untouched adult townies come with 9870 aspiration points to start with.

Next, I removed the hack and restarted the game.  This time, I self-impregnated Merv and rushed him through to childbirth.  He did not have the Want a Baby want either.  Then I saved the game and exited.

Now Simpe showed points had changed as follows:

Merv 11090  -- that's 1210 points more than he had before.
Jelly 10290  --- that's 10 points more.
Eddie  1800
Marietta (the newest baby)  1800

From this, it appears that the unchanged Freetime gives 1200 points to a Family Sim for having a baby, beyond whatever extra points they may get for actually having the Want a Baby want.  But with the hack installed, Jelly only got 400 points. 

The extra ten points are bothersome.  What are they for?  I don't know.  If they are automatic for "New member added to the family" then you would think Merv and Jelly would have only got three points extra the first time.

« Last Edit: 2008 July 09, 08:09:22 by Doc Doofus » Logged

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: