More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 03:50:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Have you made fun of Goopy? Your life may be in danger.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Have you made fun of Goopy? Your life may be in danger.  (Read 18051 times)
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
Re: Have you made fun of Goopy? Your life may be in danger.
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 23, 18:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my hometown we have a resident bearded lady who is apparently quite famous (for being the bearded lady). There's a group on facebook petitioning to get her on Big Brother.
[/quote]

I rarely watch reality tv shows, but I would definitely stare at that one! 

No - I'm sorry, facial hair is revolting.  My earliest, most abiding (and clearly formative) memory of the horrors of facial hair involved a man who used to brush through his moustache with his fork after he had eaten to (and I quote) "get the last bits, mmmmm". 

Okay - ewww - very understandable reaction to that little tidbit of information.  Perhaps you could direct him to Jolrei's post as a "how to" guide.   Who knows, maybe the instructions of how to eat whilst having a beard is located on the beard website. 

[/quote]   I went on strike when my husband grew a goatee.  [/quote]

I'd probably be with Mrs. Jolrei on this one.  They can look super sexy.

I have (as does my selfsim) a moustache and goatee - Mrs.jolrei is fond of it, so she says.  She would likely go on strike if I shaved it off.  I do keep it trimmed and do not comb food out of the moustache with a fork.  Getting food in the moustache is a careless waste of food.  The trick is to aim the food-laden fork at the mouth under the moustache. 

I don't like the look of a mustache without a beard, but the look of a beard without a mustache is just weird. 

That depends upon the nature of the beard.  If you consider stubble still beard, then the under the chin stubble can look quite cool.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 24, 08:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit that I enjoy the look of a nice goatee or, even better, a Van Dyke (goatee/mustache combo), but do not enjoy the feel of one touching my skin, lips, etc., unless the man has uncommonly soft facial hair. Since practicality always wins, no SO of mine tends to keep facial hair for very long.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 24, 12:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly can't see myself shaving off Red Goatee anytime soon.  Or putting up with anyone that demanded its removal.  There are few activities I loath more than wasting 15-30 minutes in front of a mirror, losing about a pint of blood, and then slapping aftershave on and dance around screaming obscenities for about 10 or so seconds because the acidic liquid is raping every pour in my face.  (which is a necessary evil btw.  because even though pour raping sucks, having a chapped face sucks more)

No, I think I'll just keep Red Goatee instead.  And if anyone is going to go to strike over something as silly as that, well, they will just have to picket by themselves somewhere else.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 24, 12:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No - I'm sorry, facial hair is revolting.  My earliest, most abiding (and clearly formative) memory of the horrors of facial hair involved a man who used to brush through his moustache with his fork after he had eaten to (and I quote) "get the last bits, mmmmm".  I went on strike when my husband grew a goatee.
My beard is as much a vital appendage as an arm or a leg, since it is prehensile and I can use it to pick stuff up. You're just jealous you don't have an awesome beard like mine. I could wring your scrawny little pencil neck using only my beard.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 24, 22:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly can't see myself shaving off Red Goatee anytime soon.  Or putting up with anyone that demanded its removal.  There are few activities I loath more than wasting 15-30 minutes in front of a mirror, losing about a pint of blood, and then slapping aftershave on and dance around screaming obscenities for about 10 or so seconds because the acidic liquid is raping every pour in my face.  (which is a necessary evil btw.  because even though pour raping sucks, having a chapped face sucks more)

No, I think I'll just keep Red Goatee instead.  And if anyone is going to go to strike over something as silly as that, well, they will just have to picket by themselves somewhere else.

One word: Norelco. I have extremely sensitive skin (the only reason that someone else's facial hair bothers me), but have found that the Norelco-type electric shavers do not cause the usual problems, and they feel like a massage, to boot. And they're fast! Not that you should shave, if you don't want to. I'm just mentioning this in case you ever change your mind and don't want to deal with the shaving irritation.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 06, 05:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One word: Norelco. I have extremely sensitive skin (the only reason that someone else's facial hair bothers me), but have found that the Norelco-type electric shavers do not cause the usual problems, and they feel like a massage, to boot. And they're fast! Not that you should shave, if you don't want to. I'm just mentioning this in case you ever change your mind and don't want to deal with the shaving irritation.

I too have very sensitive skin (the red hair might have drabbed out, but the fragile skin just gets more and more delicate as I age) and there is nothing--repeat: nothing--that can reduce my face to open abrasions like stubble--might as well use sandpaper on my skin and be done with it. Beards, always, accept no substitutes, and the longer, the better! The more they grow, the softer and silkier they get.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 06, 10:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to suggest the same type of thing. Electric shavers are great for that! They're fast, usually painless and the aftershave won't rape your face nearly as much. Plus no mess, or indeed fuss. Useful when you're in a gurry as well.
Judecat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 09, 13:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found if a guy has really rough stubble then an electric shaver is the worse thing to use -- at least the worse thing for me -- I can't go near a guy with the "dirty face" "5 o'clock shadow thing"  and electric shavers always leave enough to irritate me.
Either save close with a blade,  or have at least an inch of facial hair -- no in between for me.
marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 09, 14:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not usually one for weighing in on completely non-sim-related topics.  However, my husband is sorta random about facial hair.  Seems like every 2 or 3 years he decides he is tired of shaving, likes beards, or perhaps he doesn't want to see his chin anymore and he grows a beard, sometimes a goatee.  I prefer him clean-shaven because I like his face, but I never object at all.  He is fastidious about cleanliness and it is his damn face.  He can do what he wants with it.  Besides, after awhile I start to like how he looks with the beard.  Then when he gets tired of the beard (6-12 months later) and shaves it off it takes awhile to get used to him without it.  He also alternates depending on how he feels between glasses and contact lenses - which is more visually jarring because I spend time wondering what's different all the time.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: