More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 02:50:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Counters wont "connect"
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Counters wont "connect"  (Read 14138 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Counters wont "connect"
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 10, 05:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that doesn't look right Cheesy I tend to use islands as islands-usually making a 2x2 square with 4 counters.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 10, 08:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that doesn't look right Cheesy I tend to use islands as islands-usually making a 2x2 square with 4 counters.
I'd like to do this, but doesn't it prevent sims from being able to clean up plates if they so choose to eat off this island square?

My sims always clean up plates from the "front" of an island counter. If they are joined as four in a square, there is no access to any if the "fronts."

Something that has always irked me.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 10, 08:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they can still clean up plates. I tend to just put 1 barstool on each side though, and/or 2 on opposite sides so there is plenty of room to serve, clean up etc. I never put all 8 barstools there.

My usual island placement:

C C
   I I C
C I I
  C C

or:

C
   I I C
C I I
     C

or:

C C
   I  I
   I  I
   C C

Depends on how many sims I have in a household and whatever additional dining areas I have. You need fairly big kitchens though to place islands in a square and allow access from each side.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 10, 08:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need fairly big kitchens though to place islands in a square and allow access from each side.

That's always irritated me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 10, 08:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, me too. Usually though, when my sim families get lots of money I make huge houses with huge rooms, and I always give them a dining room. I can never fill the kitchen so sometimes I make a decorative island to fill with clutter.

In my poor families I usually give them the cheapo square dining table in the kitchen, or just stick 2 islands side by side and plonk barstools there. You can't put the islands next to a wall on either the right or left side though or they get the 'inaccessible' plate. You can put the front of the island alongside a wall though.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 10, 16:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting. Next time I get in a playing rut I'll have to experiment further.

I remember there was a counter set on MTS2 by Numenor and Marylou that had a lot more options, but I chucked it during one of my CC purges. I remember sometimes I felt there were too many options, and couldn't make up my mind how to configure things.

(Reminds me of when I was a vegetarian and went to vegetarian restaurants. It would take me forever to decide what to order; there were just too many things to choose from. Or when I stopped being a vegetarian... "you mean, I can order anything?")

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 11, 06:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I had that set too, but TOO MANY COUNTERS! I do like Marylou's appliance fix though, so the trash compactor and dishwasher actually sit inside the counter rather than the sides of the appliances showing.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 11, 14:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the window height fix, so the sills don't intersect with the counters...  Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: