More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:27:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Do you visit the hobby lots? Are they useful?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do you visit the hobby lots? Are they useful?  (Read 27953 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Do you visit the hobby lots? Are they useful?
« Reply #50 on: 2008 July 28, 15:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Otherwise it will be just the maven (who, incidentally, isn't even necessarily into the hobby he's in charge of!)
*facepalms*
How is it possible that there's even a tiny corner of my being that hadn't already assumed something so ass would naturally be the case?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 04, 18:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, mild derailing, still on the subject of hobby lots. I've just installed FT but not yet played it. The post on empty templates warns me not to delete the lots while I'm sorting things out because those are the hobby lots. But, from what I've read, I don't want them! I don't even want prettier versions! So, can I just delete them? ;_; Will this also have the pleasant side effect of preventing the hobby-people from spawning? (All I want from this EP is the damn toddler table Sad)
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 August 04, 19:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, mild derailing, still on the subject of hobby lots. I've just installed FT but not yet played it. The post on empty templates warns me not to delete the lots while I'm sorting things out because those are the hobby lots. But, from what I've read, I don't want them! I don't even want prettier versions! So, can I just delete them? ;_; Will this also have the pleasant side effect of preventing the hobby-people from spawning? (All I want from this EP is the damn toddler table Sad)

You'll need to live with the default hobby lots, at least for your 'hoods to be updated for the new EP, and preferably until you have taken a sim to visit each lot. Check out leaths's post in Zazazu's Peasantry thread on editing hobby lots.

Using a clean template, a hobby maven will only spawn when a sim gets to a certain level of hobby enthusiasm. I feel like I heard about a "no enthusiasm at all" hack somewhere, which might prevent them spawning indefinitely. But my search skills are failing me. Has anyone else heard about it, or is that just my imagination again?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 August 04, 19:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll need to live with the default hobby lots, at least for your 'hoods to be updated for the new EP, and preferably until you have taken a sim to visit each lot. Check out leaths's post in Zazazu's Peasantry thread on editing hobby lots.

True, but leath's post did not cover simply deleting the hobby lots.  leath suggested that the lots could be edited and replaced, but the result would be more attractive sekrit hobby lots, not no hobby lots at all.  Not sure what would happen if you simply remove them.  The game might respawn them for the next sim who reaches the required enthusiasm level.

Tribulatio proxima est
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 August 04, 19:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(All I want from this EP is the damn toddler table Sad)

You'll seriously install a whole EP just for 1 object it contains? Undecided Not trying to be judgmental here, just curious.

Dive in!
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 August 04, 20:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll seriously install a whole EP just for 1 object it contains? Undecided Not trying to be judgmental here, just curious.

That and a need for completion Tongue I can't be arsed with SPs, but I want all the EPs. Plus, my sister bought it on offer, and we have an agreement to always go halfsies on any Sims games either of us buys, so I figured I ought to install it after paying for it. XD

Using a clean template, a hobby maven will only spawn when a sim gets to a certain level of hobby enthusiasm. I feel like I heard about a "no enthusiasm at all" hack somewhere, which might prevent them spawning indefinitely. But my search skills are failing me. Has anyone else heard about it, or is that just my imagination again?

True, but leath's post did not cover simply deleting the hobby lots.  leath suggested that the lots could be edited and replaced, but the result would be more attractive sekrit hobby lots, not no hobby lots at all.  Not sure what would happen if you simply remove them.  The game might respawn them for the next sim who reaches the required enthusiasm level.

I've not heard of that hack, but I wasn't really planning on getting FT, so I've not read anything much about it. Thanks for your input, both of you. I think I'll just leave them be and ignore them for now if this isn't something people have tested Smiley I'm worried about invisible side effects that'll wreck my hood a year from now Sad
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 August 04, 20:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh I replaced mine with more attractive lots (which are quite nice actually) and have had them for a little over a month now. No side effects and no looking back lol.

That's my point though - you replaced them with more attractive lots.  You didn't just delete them altogether.  The question was, can you just delete them?  I am speculatively suggesting not doing so because the game includes code for the hobbies that refers to hobby lots - when your sim gets to a required level of enthusiasm, he gains access to the hobby lot.  If the lot is not there, what happens?  Does it:
1) break?
2) respawn the hobby lots?
3) not matter?

I don't know the answer, since I don't really care whether the hobby lots are there or not, but 1 would be undesirable, and 2 would make deleting them a useless waste of time.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 August 04, 20:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you delete them, they will respawn, but they will be blank. Also, hobby mavens and other enthusiasts will not show up. That's what got me started on the whole editing crusade.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 August 04, 20:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you delete them, they will respawn, but they will be blank. Also, hobby mavens and other enthusiasts will not show up. That's what got me started on the whole editing crusade.

Ooh, interesting! Is that "not show up" or "not spawn at all", though - do you know?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 August 04, 20:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They spawn. I'd get the welcome greeting from the maven, but no maven would be present. The maven would show up as a visitor on other community lots.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 August 04, 21:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that what EA made the Sims 2 online shop for?   Roll Eyes

(/sarcasm)

Inteen for AL, yay!
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 August 04, 21:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They spawn. I'd get the welcome greeting from the maven, but no maven would be present. The maven would show up as a visitor on other community lots.

I see. Thanks for the explanation Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 August 05, 01:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't install Pets for the floor dividers, but they are the main reason I haven't uninstalled it.  If it weren't for those, I'd have uninstalled Pets by now.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 August 05, 02:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't install Pets for the floor dividers, but they are the main reason I haven't uninstalled it.  If it weren't for those, I'd have uninstalled Pets by now.
You know the railroad tie works practically the same, right? Well, I haven't tested its effects on sound, but I fixed a problem with BUY in a dorm using the railroad ties, before I installed Pets.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 August 05, 08:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the railroad tie works practically the same, right? Well, I haven't tested its effects on sound, but I fixed a problem with BUY in a dorm using the railroad ties, before I installed Pets.

Doesn't the railroad tie trigger this extremely annoying "ZOMG I need to make a HUUUUGE step to get over it" animation? Also, I have the feeling that sims wouldn't be able to get a kid out of the crib enclosed by it, seing that that thing renders them unable to trim hedges. No problem with room dividers.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: