More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:33:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  secuROM; will it migrate to another computer through a CD?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: secuROM; will it migrate to another computer through a CD?  (Read 2621 times)
Nyx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
secuROM; will it migrate to another computer through a CD?
« on: 2008 July 08, 18:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a tiny, tiny question for you guys! I hope you don't mind!

So, I've searched absolutely everywhere. I've googled, searched the BBS (although, any thread that can actually help is always deleted) and even gone through posts here. And yet I can't find the answer to my question! Which leads me to believe I'm just being paranoid, but one can never be too careful, you know?

secuROM

I know it installs files onto your computer but can these files ‘hook' on to other files and get transferred like a virus? I need to put some stuff onto a CD and transfer it to another computer but I don't want to fuck that one up... mostly because it's not mine and I can't afford to get it repaired!

I think I've just gotten myself wrapped up in secuROM hysteria and am being extra paranoid but I just want to be sure!

I doubt, therefore I might be.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: secuROM; will it migrate to another computer through a CD?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 08, 19:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuROM is not a virus, but it's still malware. It can't hook onto random files.
Nyx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: secuROM; will it migrate to another computer through a CD?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 08, 19:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good times.

Yeah, I know it's not a virus I just used that as an example of the behaviour it might display. But as long as it can't.

I realise it's the most stupid question on the planet but it's the insane paranoia kicking in. Smiley I would have contacted the secuROM people through email via their F.A.Q but it only would have fueled the paranoia futher with me thinking that their reply was only bullshine.

I doubt, therefore I might be.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: