More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:11:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: July
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: July  (Read 150840 times)
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis House of Fail: July
« Reply #75 on: 2008 July 08, 23:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, nice houses everyone! I surprisingly found this house easier to redo than the last one. Don't ask me why. Tongue

Pics

Exterior:

Interior:

Ground floor plan:

Upper floor plan:

View of hallway from front door:

The one desk:

Study- and caffeination area:

Living room:

Kitchen and dining area:

The nursery and upstairs rooms aren't that interesting, so no photos of that. Tongue

As you can see, the house is awesomespec-prepared - the dining area is easily enclosed, and so is the staircase. The house costs §65 592 (magic wanded from §112 550).

Get it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/128236117/HarmoniousHavenAnnan.7z.html

The house is built with all EPs and SPs except TSS.

Kchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 July 09, 01:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this one might be easier because there's not much wrong with the outside of the house - it's mostly the horribly set out interior that needs to be fixed.

And... everything's so pretty! I really love the pool-turned-fountain look.

Veni, Vici, Vetinari.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 July 09, 03:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus...Annan...my favs so far, though everyone has done a bang-up job once again.  I soooo love the pool/pond/fountain look.

Snowmonious Haven has 3 bedrooms (one is a nursery) and 3 baths.  I have all EP's, FFS, and Glamour Crap Stuff.  I got bored with furnishing and decorating using only Maxis, so some rooms may not even have lights.  I also pulled a big "oopsie"...this house requires the use of Marvine's Spiral Stairs.  I did not package them with the lot.  If you do not already have them, I would suggest you kill yourself now.  You will see the spaces for the spiral stairs on the second floor...use simple stair left turn in light wood and position them with the "<" and ">" keys.  If you do not have or want Marvine's stairs, good luck finding a place to put normal ones, as that was my problem when I had finished building only to realize I had forgotten to put the stairs back in.  *Oh, and I forgot a gate on the right side of the fencing...SIGH.  Just realized that at this very moment.

Front View:

Side:

Backside Avoiding Giant Cliff This Lot Creates:

Other Side:

Ground Floor:

2nd Floor:

Stupid Pool and Marvine's Stairs:
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 July 09, 03:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love these challenges! So many great entries so far.

Following one entry with another, here is mine. Since it already had an indoor pool (which we are not allowed to remove...), I thought Harmonious Haven would make a nice home venue business. The business is located on the ground floor only; living quarters are located on the first and second floors. My aim in the living decor was modern and (I hope) tasteful contrast. I generally used bright colors, but off-set them with neutrals. If you do not like red and yellow, well, you know how to use the design tool. Tongue Click to enlarge pictures.

Price: 82,102 (depreciated with Magic Wand, it was about 140,000 at full price)
3BR / 4BA
Expansion/Stuff packs required - all. Much usage of H&M, K&B and IKEA packs throughout.
Mostly AwesomeSpec. Front anti-pest perimeter, lockable kitchen, lockable stairwell to living quarters. However, baths are not quite up to AwesomeSpec; nursery would need room dividers and a fridge; The One Desk is a hike from the curb.

Ground Floor - designed with home venue business in mind, or a great party area. For home business, just add a ticket machine near the front door. Pool extended; divided space for a separate hot tub area. Also added sauna and half-bath. Outdoors, the patio now holds a seating area and keg fruit punch barrel. Raised terrain for a chess table, covered with awning.

First Floor - Sizable TV/idle area, and plenty of floor space for navigation. Kitchen has all appliances and plenty of counter space. It's very bright, but hey, I like bright kitchens. Smiley Dining area has seating for six and contains caffeination station. Study is small, but with some rearranging of furniture/walls more seating could be added. The piano can be partitioned off with room dividers to reduce cheering. One bath located on this floor.

Second Floor - spacious hallway. First BR is set up as a boy's room: small, but functional. Second BR is set up as nursery: again, add a fridge and room dividers between the cribs for best functionality. Master BR is clean and simple. Two baths located on this floor.

More pictures available for your viewing pleasure here.

Download here.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 July 09, 03:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! These are so amazing! There are so many ideas that are new to me, here. I'm just going to have to try some of them! I love the variety of exteriors (Asian, modern, traditional), so many cool things to do with the useless pool (expansion, reflecting pool, fountains) bridges and incredible floor plans! Wow! Just wow! incredible work, everyone!  Grin

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 July 10, 01:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love everyones makeovers so far!  Here's my take on it.  Not particularly grand and definately not awesomespec but still an improvement on the original I think.  I have all eps up to seasons but no stuff packs.  Fully furnished house is 118,114 - unfurnished is around 35,000.

* Harmonious Haven - Rascal furn.rar (517.71 KB - downloaded 373 times.)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 July 10, 05:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the way you have balanced the back with a balcony that is in symmetry with the other side ground level shape. Good use of colours and styles of furnishings, IMO. I also like the way you've jigsawed 3 rooms and two bathrooms into one small square block.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2008 July 10, 06:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love all the various remade versions of this house I've seen -- all much more harmonious. 

This one was $150K -- down to §87K after the magic wand.  I tried to keep it to awesomespecs.  I have all EPs, and Family Fun and Celebrations Stuff Packs, although I tried not to use anything from the SPs, so they may not be required.  A copy of the lot was playtested, and everything seemed to work well.

main floor:

upstairs:

attic:

living/dining:

kitchen:

Here is the download link: Harmonious Haven

mamainred
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 July 10, 08:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have lurked long enough. I had to come out to say, all your houses are awesome !
I started working on mine when I saw the post it had started.  I need to play test mine
& take some pictures. If time permits I will upload it tomorrow.

This is really fun to see how everyone looks at the same lot & makes it their own.
Great idea.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2008 July 10, 10:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is mine-not happy with it though. All EPs/SPs, it comes in at just under §189k. (No magic wand used) 3 bedrooms, 6 (yes, 6!) bathrooms and 1st floor nursery. Lockable stairs on 1st and 2nd floor (so you can allow visitors to go straight up to 3rd floor games room if you wish) Games room can be converted to skilling/crafting area. I forgot to take a close up picture of the main bedroom, you can see it in the layout pic for the 2nd floor. It is the one with the red bed. Stupid pool still there. Stupid stream still there. I left the trees and bushes on the front garden as I liked it, and I added axe-throwing. Forgot the kickable. Hot-tub is covered with flat roof, as is the eating area. Kitchen is seperate and lockable from the dining room. Dining room has access to grill area. Small greenhouse and 3 fruit trees. On 2nd floor there is a ballet barre and exercise bike and access to a small balcony where your sims can stargaze. Driveway parking for 2 cars. Oh, it might include the unlocked Ikea lamps, so you might want to grab them from Peasantry before downloading.

Front of lot

1st floor

2nd floor

3rd floor

Back of lot

More pics.  Download here.

Twoflower, I love the nautical theme going on in your house!

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 July 10, 11:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of these entries have been remarkable.  I think challenges that do not allow custom content are great because it shows it is not the content that makes a great home; it's the designer's imagination.  Great entries everyone!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 July 10, 15:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is not a house exactly. I just started working on it last night. It'll be interesting.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 July 10, 15:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus...Annan...my favs so far, though everyone has done a bang-up job once again.  I soooo love the pool/pond/fountain look.

Snowmonious Haven has 3 bedrooms (one is a nursery) and 3 baths.  I have all EP's, FFS, and Glamour Crap Stuff.  I got bored with furnishing and decorating using only Maxis, so some rooms may not even have lights.  I also pulled a big "oopsie"...this house requires the use of Marvine's Spiral Stairs.  I did not package them with the lot.  If you do not already have them, I would suggest you kill yourself now.  You will see the spaces for the spiral stairs on the second floor...use simple stair left turn in light wood and position them with the "<" and ">" keys.  If you do not have or want Marvine's stairs, good luck finding a place to put normal ones, as that was my problem when I had finished building only to realize I had forgotten to put the stairs back in.  *Oh, and I forgot a gate on the right side of the fencing...SIGH.  Just realized that at this very moment.

I like the podium-thingy in the pool! Very smart!

mrowcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 July 10, 16:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! Everyone's remodels are great.

Here are some shots of my Somewhat More Harmonious Haven. Pond and pool are still there, and I tried to awesome spec it as best I could. Features include two bedrooms, three baths, nursery, sunroom with an exit to the back yard, pool, skilling lounge, garden, perimeter fence and lockable stairs to limit guest access. Sorry for the shoddy pics, whether in games or real life, picture taking seems to be beyond me.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 July 10, 21:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone is doing such a great job. I am really enjoying these challenges because I hate building. It's great to be able to download all of these furnished houses without CC.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 July 11, 05:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, apologies for the crappy resolution pictures. I didn't realize the settings on my test account were so terribly low.

Harmonious Haven as Lodge
This rebuild was inspired by comments on Witch's house saying it could be used as a hotel. Well, this one is a hotel. Luxury lodgings in a mountain setting, either for a honeymooning couple or a family. Features:

• Three suites ranging from around $600/nt to around $1100/nt
  • 24-hour room service
  • Large pool
  • Lounge room with bar and hot tub
  • Outdoor dining
  • Maid service
  • Excursion booking services on-site
  • Window-lined patio featuring a brook and 180-degree views of your surroundings

Requires all EP up to and including FreeTime. While I have H&M and Ikea, I didn't use anything from them. Best enjoyed with use of PerfectPlants by Two Jeffs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2008 July 11, 06:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, that is really great! I'm going to grab that for my 3 Lakes Cheesy

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 July 11, 07:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reckon! That's choice Zazazu.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 July 11, 14:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm all agog.

I was resisting looking at the entries until I had finished mine, so as to avoid both intimidation and idea stealing.

This house was the biggest pain in the ass I've ever tried to remake & I nearly scrapped it a couple of times. Since it's done, though, I'm fairly happy with it, and I'm amazed at the variety and creativity in everyone's entries.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 July 11, 14:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed, Zazazu's will make a stellar addition to Three Lakes! I like the little outdoor dining patio. Did you do what Amber did last month, shrinking the first floor to foundation height?

I was resisting looking at the entries until I had finished mine, so as to avoid both intimidation and idea stealing.
Me, too. I tuned out of the thread after witch's entry until I was ready to upload mine. But it was HARD to resist peeking.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 July 11, 15:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The constrain floor elevation cheat was used with gusto, yes. The result is that the pool appears lowered as does the lounge area. If I had it to do again, I might extend the lounge a bit more and add chairs. But, it play-tested well. I did something different with the check-in desk, but ordering room service proceeded without hitch, as did ordering from the restaurant and going on excursions.

The top portion of the roof gave me a lot of trouble; I wanted a large suite up there, but the roof line I used at first (psuedo-mansard) left icky roof bits all throughout the building. I'm still not really happy with it. I'd also use a different roof texture in my own game (I have about 25 custom roof textures). But, yeah, I created it for my own 'hood's mountain destination. They only have a large campground and no secret lot or landmarks yet.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 July 11, 16:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here 'tis:

Overview: I was going for a modern but cozy kind of thing. I didn't make a lot of structural changes, but I did add a third floor.

Not totally awesomespec, but, lot is fenced, the One Desk is present (in kitchen), and the stairs are lockable.

EP's & SP's: Every frickin' thing EAxis ever breathed on, including the new store stuff.

D/L here:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/6379203/acfc7b59/sharing.html
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:41:56 by msalwaysright » Logged

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2008 July 11, 17:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is just gorgeous! I love the colour scheme Grin

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 July 11, 20:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the island-only seating in the kitchen, and I love that the top floor is a fun kids' area. I'll probably just take out the bed up there and plonk down the activity table. Very nice!

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 July 11, 20:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice msalwaysright. The hot tub and bar area is really nice. I also really like the colors that you used. My sims will love this beauty.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: