More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:52:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: July
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: July  (Read 150828 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: July
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 07, 12:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, that is amazing! Very gorgeous concept. The pond views throughout work beautifully. Also, it looks like it would convert to a dorm or hotel pretty nicely too. That's one hell of a get-away/summer house!

ETA: I agree with keeping the rebuild/remodel challenges together as a monthly thing. Kind of nice to have a group activity (besides poking n00bs, of course ;p).

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 07, 13:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the deadline date for this?  I think this looks like a fun challenge!

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 07, 13:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing as how it's the July challenge... July 31 or Aug 1?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 07, 14:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Play testing this today. It's a fun house, love the pool inside! Wink

Is the image showing now?
(Still haven't play tested, will post new pics tommorro. or hopefully later today.)

I got the image, but only after loading the URL for the .jpg separately.  Not sure what the problem is.  It's a fine remodel though.  Round side room is a nice feature.  If you're serious about this challenge, we'll want to see interior layouts.  Try posting pictures on Photobucket or some other fileshare site - those tend to link quite well.

I don't think I can cap Witch's entry.  Extremely nicely done.

Tribulatio proxima est
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 07, 14:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang on a tick, is CC okay or not okay, because I'm having some mad roman thoughts & this place would look great with $900 marble paneling.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 07, 15:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CC is supposed to be a no-no. But, eh. I think someone posted a CC-version in the June thread.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 07, 15:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn. Without my Roman CC I won't try, because I can't outdo witch's efforts without it. Cheesy

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 07, 15:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Witch: That house looks great! It is a keeper.

I have a question tho. I want to do a house makeover of this property too, but I have a problem with the picture taking. I can't take a photo of a lot with a pool in it without the game slowing down to a snails pace, which is quite annoying. Does anyone have a suggestion why that is? I have very little cc, lots of space on the harddrive, about 2 Gigs of memory and a 3.2 dualcore processor.

- INTJ -
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 07, 15:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try tinkering with the settings or using Print Screen instead or something.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 07, 16:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn. Without my Roman CC I won't try, because I can't outdo witch's efforts without it. Cheesy

Oh, I'm still going to make an entry, I just don't think it will even approach being as good as Witch's.

Tribulatio proxima est
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 07, 16:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question tho. I want to do a house makeover of this property too, but I have a problem with the picture taking. I can't take a photo of a lot with a pool in it without the game slowing down to a snails pace, which is quite annoying. Does anyone have a suggestion why that is? I have very little cc, lots of space on the harddrive, about 2 Gigs of memory and a 3.2 dualcore processor.

If you don't get too much of a slow down when you Alt+Tab out, you can just PrintScreen and copy/paste the pics into MS Paint or something.  Actually that's what I do because I can never find the pictures I took after I get out of the game.

Hang on a tick, is CC okay or not okay, because I'm having some mad roman thoughts & this place would look great with $900 marble paneling.

I think it would be OK if you uploaded a CC-free version too, or maybe some pictures of what it looks like without the CC.  That rule was mainly added to avoid someone downloading a lot with bunch of CC that (1) is not credited to the original creator (2) causes glitches on the lot that were not caught because the lot was not playtested properly or (3) is just plain fugly and has to be hunted down and put out of its misery.

I am having trouble trying to figure out something unique and useful to do with this lot.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 07, 17:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I'm going to say about this is that I have unusual tastes in decor (as my poor husband found out to his horror last Thursday) and if I can't use the CC I need to use to do a good Roman house, well, it's going to be more than a little kitschy. I may well be the Gali of interior design.

I'll see how I go with it tomorrow, CC-free.

Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 07, 18:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, that house is incredible! This one is in reserve for a favorite(s)!  Grin

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 07, 18:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm still going to make an entry, I just don't think it will even approach being as good as Witch's.

It really was mean of witch to whip that out so early in the month, wasn't it? Intimidated Liz is intimidated. Still, it's not an actual contest or anything (yeah, right ;p). I love seeing what everyone is doing with these pool/pond obstacles. Thinking this will be a great chance to nab some Vacation Houses for my sims with Twiiki/Takemizu-envy. Three so far and looking forward to more!

Floopyboo, last month some people submitted a CC-version after their "rule-abiding" entry, so maybe you could do that.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 07, 20:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my makeover, I decided to keep the general exterior look of the house the same. I wanted it to still be recognizable as the same house. I did add on a bit at the rear, changed windows, doors, and exterior paint. I totally revamped the interior. The ground floor has the dreaded pool, along with hot tub, bar, and a family room. Upstairs is the kitchen, master bedroom, kids' room and nursery. The house now has 3 full baths. It isn't fully Awesomespec because that isn't how I play or design. Also, I added a lot in the way of landscaping to make the house feel like a "Harmonious Haven".

I have all EPs up to Seasons plus FFS & GLS. Fully furnished, the house sells for §106,496. Unfurnished is §42,116.

Aggh. Please excuse the picture quality. I forgot to change my settings on my new clean account and I don't have the energy to redo them right now.

More pictures and download HERE.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 07, 20:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely job, Reggikko! It's totally recognizable as the same house, and at the same time, y'know, not.  Grin
Ground floor is v sexy, and I like the long, thin family room. Landscaping is gorgeous - lush but not overwhelming.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 07, 20:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like all the entries so far. Witch, you are one of my favorite remodel/builders. I have so many of your lots in my game. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 07, 20:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's mine. I thought it made a nice fun house. Good for pleasure Sims.

slideshow: click on the lil pic

download Haven of Delights here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ocumov0jjyj
« Last Edit: 2008 December 28, 13:12:14 by SalixTree » Logged

why be normal?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 July 07, 20:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wah, what a fun house, SalixTree! I *love* the turret bedroom, and you've incorporated the pond beautifully.
So, we can haz download?

eta: yay, downloadage!
« Last Edit: 2008 July 07, 22:30:27 by Liz » Logged

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 07, 20:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks amazing! I really must steal borrow the curved bridge idea. It would fit in perfectly with the theme I'm working into this house.
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 July 07, 20:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WooHoo!

These are fantastic! I do love to glean new ideas. *Nabs and dashes*  Grin

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 July 07, 22:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reggikko and SalixTree, I love yours too! Mine is....not so good. I'll finish it and post it tomorrow. I think this will be my only entry this month though as this house is evil to remodel.

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 July 07, 23:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much of the pond are we allowed to modify? Can we move it or only expand?

- INTJ -
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 July 07, 23:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think when it comes to the pond and pool, we're only expanding if desired and not moving them. Makes them a bugger, but that's (supposed to be) the fun of it this month.

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 July 08, 00:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is rather modern. This version costs §115.5K - 2 bed, 2.5 bath

Construction changes:
-removed roofs and replaced with flat roof
-extended house on left side
-added greenhouse on first floor
-removed all interior walls; rearranged top floor, added half-bath to bottom floor
- changed stairwell
-opened second floor area for fountain-gazing
-created kitchen area with half-walls
-extended front balcony, added side balconies

Landscaping changes:
-flattened most of lot
-extended ponds as shown
-added awesomespec fence
- added trees and other plants
-removed most terrains

More exterior shots:

Ground floor:

Second floor:

(If Maxis had full-length blinds, I wouldn't have had to do all this masking with plants. Bah.)

Ground Floor Plan:

Top Floor Plan:

What I know is not to awesomespec:
- kitchen; I just couldn't bring myself to close it up!
-stairwell; I did not block it off
Also, I seem to have forgotten to add a chair to the one desk.

Download here.

(I plan to make a cc version at some point, as now that I've made the changes to the lot, I rather like it.)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: