More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 20:28:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  K&B/TSS/Ikea
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: K&B/TSS/Ikea  (Read 8352 times)
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
K&B/TSS/Ikea
« on: 2008 July 03, 02:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they worth the download?  I decided not to when they came out, but I'm thinking against that now.

Being racist is so limiting. Why confine your hatred to specific skin colors, countries, or beliefs? The entire world can be yours to hate.
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: K&B/TSS/Ikea
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 03, 03:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something that only you can decide for yourself.

Choose your own fate!
Take control of your destiny!

Seriously though, they're just packs of objects and clothes and hairs. The website shows you all the items that come in the packs. Look at them and decide whether or not you like them.

You like them = worth it
You don't = not worth it

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 03, 07:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I acquired all of them. I like them. I wouldn't pay for them, though.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 03, 11:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto.

Not worth buying, any of them, as the content is actually pitifully small. Worth the bandwidth? Probably.

More F than you
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 03, 14:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• I don't have TSS. Not my flavor of CC. I need more for elders and males, thank you.
  • K&B is a waste of download time. Two kitchen sets. Not especially pretty. Halfway decent walls & floors excepting these two stone floors that look like they were done by Buntah. A shower that is the standard corner shower, just in black. Color me unimpressed.
  • Ikea is nice. I find myself using the objects a lot, specifically in some of my smaller poorer homes and my dorms. I'd re-ARRR if I had it to do again.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 03, 16:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've purchased all 3 and am pretty happy with all of them. I like TSS the most, but that might be because I've got a zillion age conversions for the outfits. Quite a few of them look good on YAs and adults. 

K&B is not bad, though I'm going to be doing some research this weekend to find out if the You Got Feets bathtub really does have ridiculously high advertising or if I've got some sort of weird conflict in my downloads folder. I've got sims who bathe in it over and over and over again.

Haven't really done much with Ikea yet, except give my alien twins' bedroom a mini-makeover. But I think it will be quite useful in the dorms.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 03, 16:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought about getting TSS when it came out, but then I realised I'd only be doing it to have the meshes in my game in case I saw cc recolours I liked. So far I haven't come across any, so TSS has never been of much interest to me. Likewise, K&B. It was given to me as a gift, which I appreciated, but I have yet to install it. Ikea, on the other hand, looks like one whose meshes could come in handy. Are there actual matching sets in that one?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 03, 19:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ikea and TSS are great but Kitchen and Bath is really bad. I wish I'd stuck to downloading 4ESF, SimGoehdens and Sims2Play 'cos their kitchen and bathroom sets are far superior and they all match. Tongue

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 03, 21:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ikea and TSS are great but Kitchen and Bath is really bad. I wish I'd stuck to downloading 4ESF, SimGoehdens and Sims2Play 'cos their kitchen and bathroom sets are far superior and they all match. Tongue

But Kitchen and Bath's clothes are quite nice. You get a little bit of something for most all age groups.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 03, 22:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still not worth it really.

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 04, 08:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found K&B to be worth arrrr-ing, in my opinion. Then again, that's because I actually liked the kitchen sets. The bathroom sets, not so much.

I haven't bothered with TSS, mostly because I couldn't care less about teens. I will probably arrrr Ikea sooner or later. Some of the stuff looks good.
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 06, 02:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all of them and I would say that I have found IKEA to be the most useful.  The furniture is really cheap in the game and yet actually looks good and matches unlike the base game cheap furniture.  It's really great for sims that are just starting out. 

As for K&B I really liked the male hair and clothes and the medieval-looking kitchen set.  Though I would have to say that out of the three it is the one that seems to be the most lacking even though there are two sets for each the kitchen and bathroom. 

I personally liked TSS because I really like to play with teens in the game and was happy to have stuff made just for them.  I especially love the skater clothes for the guys.  There is a million custom goth clothes to download, but I haven't come across any skater ones like the ones in TSS.

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 06, 20:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Totally not interested in TSS - I never play teens except to get them through college, and I could care less how they're dressed.  K&B is okay, but not great.  I don't have Ikea yet, but from what was said here, it looks like that's the one to get.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 06, 23:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they are nice because I am really trying to cut down on my CC.  Kitchen and Bath stuff inspired me to make some really nice bathrooms.  Usually I just plop a toilet, a sink, and a shower down and call it a room.  TSS I bought mainly because of the ocean theme and IKEA stuff I haven't really played much yet but it seems ok.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 18, 10:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being a completionist in some areas, I do get all of the expansions and SP's, no matter how horrid. As for the Life Stories, I have no desire whatsoever, even though I was gifted with Castaways a few weeks ago. Haven't opened it yet.

Still trying to get my game running smoothly after a year of no play. So many files, some old, some updated, and many duplicates. Long way to go... Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 22, 20:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a personal thing.  Me, I would not pay for them for any reason, luckily mine were gifts for the holidays.  But as to worth the download?  I would say yes.

All Empty templates are hosted on my site with permission of the makers of them.  Go to  K and B Designs at http://kandbdesigns.vndv.com/index.html    and go to Template area.  They are sorted for you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: