More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:18:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Stuff  (Read 492601 times)
empires
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Stuff
« Reply #550 on: 2008 September 07, 01:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has  the Bride of the Night in Blood Red Dress been posted? Its crossed off on the list but I haven't been able to find the file.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2008 September 07, 01:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has  the Bride of the Night in Blood Red Dress been posted? Its crossed off on the list but I haven't been able to find the file.

Here are the 4 Adult Male Lord of the Night outfits and the 5 Adult Female Bride of the Night outfits.  Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kf5alygfddu
Thalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2008 September 07, 12:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Brazilian Girl,

I have the exact same problem like you. Because we're not from the USA or Canada (at least I think you're not, according to your nickname) we can't download the sims store. I also tried "spooky.rar" and got only a fiew items to show up in my game. I can't get the chairs from deco and cubic either. We are also unable to get the free items like the deco lounge chair, the cool mirror, the vase etc... (I know that the last two where items of stuff packs, but I don't want to buy that party set). Could someone please help us? Even if we download the furniture from this website, it still doesn't show up because we don't have the simsstoreprogram. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have the same problem. And I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there who can help us. I would really like those cool cubic and deco chairs! Please, please, pretty please (pretty please with sugar on top)?

Thanks a lot everyone!
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2008 September 07, 14:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry 'bout the shitty mesh for the "bride of frankenstein".  I can't help much with stuff like that.  

Its not your fault, its EAxis who made you pay for a broken Mesh. Its a shame but they dont care.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Fixed Storeshit column
« Reply #554 on: 2008 September 07, 14:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed the Column of Duplicate Doom. It was, unsurprisingly, an EngUK localisation error that was causing the incorrect text to appear. All other locales have correct translated text however.

Also, the file name was wrong. EngUS had the correct one, but not the others (understandable as this BETA is only in the US at the moment). I have corrected this for all locales other than Vietnamese (which was empty, so I've left it that way).

http://www.mediafire.com/?j1fltztmydx
koowll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2008 September 07, 16:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everybody! I'm having toruble with some of Spooks' downloads. I got them them and put in the right folder... but when I play the game some the huge doo doesn't appears. Could someone give me it?
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2008 September 07, 16:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know Kaos is my friend.  He delivers milk and great cheese every day*.  But sometimes he's just not welcome.

What I'm trying to say is that I have no idea which files to download and which not.   Could someone come up with an icon set to put in posts for things like:

Put in EA store folder in TSBin
Put in downloads folder
Fixed
Not fixed
Latest version.
Box.com download link which gives a "no such file here" response
Dead link
Needs sacrifice of two large goats, one small virgin and a CPU

Thanks.  I know you're working like crazy to get this stuff out, but this thread is 25 pages long.  And half of the posts are "I'm lost what do I do?", which doesn't help anything.  Me, I've just downloaded three different versions of the Spooky Set Objects and I have no idea which one works. 

Edited for lack of coherence due to caffeine deprivation.

*Terry Pratchett reference. 
« Last Edit: 2008 September 07, 17:06:43 by Lerf » Logged
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2008 September 07, 17:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the heads up about dead links Lerf, I hadn't checked that subfolder on box.net for quite some time and it turns out those files are gone.
There's no use in replacing them either since there are more updated downloads now.

Removed the links from my posts.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2008 September 07, 17:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I could help, but which post has the updated one?  I'm sooooo confused.   Huh Huh Huh
Thalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2008 September 07, 17:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone,

it has nothing to do with the amount of EP's you have. It's because we don't have the "sims store" folder and the matching program. The same problems occurd with the deco and cubic set but some people could fix it. Thanks in advance!
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2008 September 07, 18:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many of us dont have the "sims store" folder or matching program and the items show up just fine.  I am one of them.  I have all of the expansions.  I have all of the downloads that have been put up here and they all work just by putting them in my regular downloads folder. 
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2008 September 07, 18:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have created a sims store folder, but i don't have the ea download manager. and i'm afraid of having it because of securom and everything. besides i'm not from the us, nor canada, and well, even though troglodite said we can download things from sims 2 store even if we are not from the us or canadá, i don't feel comfortable downloading that program... can't securom mess up our computers sometimes?

That's an understatement, yes. If you've read the Securom removal thread and don't feel comfortable getting it off your computer, I would strongly suggest you avoid putting it on there in the first place.

I sing along with elevator music.
Thalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2008 September 07, 18:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chatted with Pescado about this in grah.  The objects are not showing up for people who have not installed the EA downloader because it creates a sort of Stuff Pack for them.  To use the files without the downloader, they must be converted to a base-game code.  It's easy: load the file into SimPE, open the OBJD, and edit field "0x0040" to say 0x1 instead of 0x1000.  Commit for each OBJD and save.

I'll upload the fixed objects once I have all of them done, and anyone who wants to can distribute them again.   Tongue

So that was the problem with the sollution for the previous objects... But I didn't understand a word of it because I'm clearly not as good with computers as BastDawn and other hero's on this forum. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks a whole lot!
cindyanne
Asinine Airhead

Your friendly neighborhood grand multip.

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2008 September 07, 19:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone!  I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the problem I'm having with my EA Store items.  I downloaded them directly from the EA Store and now they have disappeared on me.  My game crashed when I was in CAS, and when I loaded it back up none of the hair or clothing was there.  My EA Download Manager said I had 17 items in the queue to dowload (which I thought was odd but whatever...) and I let them redownload.  I did this three times, and they never did show up in the game again.  Now it's not even showing that I have items to download in the EADM queue.  *headdesk* 

I paid for the crap, and darn it... it ought not to just disappear like that.  *grumbles*

I tried deleting the groups.cache and the accessories.cache and no luck.  I've also sent a help message to EA, but haven't heard from them yet either. 

Do any of you have any insight or suggestions?

Thank you!

Edited to add: I do have the EA Store main program downloaded, and had actually been using the EA Store items in my game with no troubles until this problem happened.  It's very confusing.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 07, 20:03:00 by cindyanne » Logged
Celtic Sweetheart
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2008 September 07, 23:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello everyone!  First of all a big THANK YOU for everyone who has posted these files to share!  I have a question though.  I've been going through all of these pages on these downloads and somewhere got lost along the way TRYING to make sure that I got them all.  I was going to buy a few and donate them as well.  Anyhow, in my extreme denseness, I got lost and have no idea now what has been fixed, what hasn't, where to put the stuff in my game, do I NEED to store thinger in my game, etc...

So, in case I have missed something, because I now have a migraine trying to look through (at the time) 26 pages, has anyone uploaded ALL of the objects in ONE big file?  If so, can someone please post the link?  And, if there are still files needed, please let me know which ones so I can go get some and donate them as well to share with everyone. Undecided

Also, I have ALL of the pre-orders, if anyone needs any of those.  That doesn't go here, I know, but just so people know.

I have kids.  NOTHING scares me anymore.
Celtic Sweetheart
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2008 September 07, 23:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info!  One more question.  Are all of the objects from the store available here in one big download that are fixed?  Because I REALLY got lost looking through them and which were fixed, etc. 

I have kids.  NOTHING scares me anymore.
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2008 September 08, 00:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I  said before, I dont have the store thing installed or any other program and the spooky objects as well as the clothing and hair work fine for me.
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2008 September 08, 03:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, if there are still files needed, please let me know which ones so I can go get some and donate them as well to share with everyone. Undecided

Hi Celtic Sweetheart,
Page 25 post# 612 has the up to date list of items not yet aquired. As far as having all files in one dl has not happened yet, as TashaFaun stated. I'm sure eventually it will... maybe when all items are finally posted and fixed. It took me one evening to read though this whole thread to find the dl's.. so I understand where you're coming from.
Thalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2008 September 08, 09:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chatted with Pescado about this in grah.  The objects are not showing up for people who have not installed the EA downloader because it creates a sort of Stuff Pack for them.  To use the files without the downloader, they must be converted to a base-game code.  It's easy: load the file into SimPE, open the OBJD, and edit field "0x0040" to say 0x1 instead of 0x1000.  Commit for each OBJD and save.

I'll upload the fixed objects once I have all of them done, and anyone who wants to can distribute them again.   Tongue

So that was the problem with the sollution for the previous objects... But I didn't understand a word of it because I'm clearly not as good with computers as BastDawn and other hero's on this forum. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks a whole lot!

The spooky.rar (p. 22) and the ts2StoreCubicDecoChair.rar (p. 25) files have been fixed per the above instructions and they did not work for you. Your only option is to install the EA Store if you want the stuff.  See page 24 post #575 for a better understanding on how the EA store items work.

Hey ZDiabolo,

Thanks for the information and your efforts to make this stuff work for everyone. It's weird that the furniture doesn't show up however, since all of the previous furniture did (after someone had fixed them that is). I have all the other cubic and deco items and they work just fine in my game. There are also (like Braziliangirl said) a few items of the spooky set that work too, but not all of them. If anyone has a clue of how this is possible, please let me know! I also want to thank everyone here for sharing and giving me information!
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2008 September 08, 10:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fixed chairs and half the spooky stuff not showing. However, i don't have internet at home so installing the EA Downloader is not an option. Will wait for awesomeness to fix.

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: 2008 September 08, 16:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the rest of the hairstyles and clothing. 
http://www.4shared.com/file/62103773/ae43768/Remaining_skins.html

Shocked  wow thanks   tho could you do upload to mediafire too?   for some reason 4shared.com hates IE  an i cant seem to download anything off there lately  Angry  an i dont wanna download firefox just to download files off 4shared.com lol

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2008 September 08, 16:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for these.  There's only one problem I see.  Everything shows up fine in my game except the pumpkin heads.

Now asbestos-free.
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2008 September 08, 17:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for these.  There's only one problem I see.  Everything shows up fine in my game except the pumpkin heads.

Thanks robovanrobyn!

So far, the only items not showing up for me are the Mummy and the Pumpkin Head hairs for any of the ages.  The clothes and other hairs all show up fine!
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2008 September 08, 17:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome.. tyvm.. going to check em now  Grin
Leo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2008 September 08, 17:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the only items not showing up for me are the Mummy hairs for any of the ages.
Same problem here. No Mummy "hair" at all.  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: