More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:37:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Stuff  (Read 492599 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: TS2 Store Stuff
« Reply #300 on: 2008 July 06, 07:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, one bad news here: A New Bug Found with the Cubic Stereo!

When you turn it on, it doesn't have effects that other stereos have: circles coming out from the speakers and music notes coming out from the panel....

Could someone please fix it please?

The effects while music is playing is working now i think, however there's another effect in the other stereos that is visible in the broken state.

*sigh* The EAxis Store team responsible for all this LolPayShit don't have much understanding in object structure of Sims. They originally built it based off the FT vintage stereo, but forced it at the last minute into the clone of GLS Luxury stereo to make it compatible with Pets, when they should have used the base game stereo format. (They fucked up IKEA preorder dresser in the same way.) While GLS Luxury stereo looks similar in size and appearance, it actually has a very different object structure from FT/base game stereo. Luxury stereo uses its unique FX specifically designed for this stereo only (notice the sonic vibration in the center on the speakers), unlike most 2-tiled stereos cloned from the base game one. The target slots and CRES are all wrong.

I fixed it to use the base game stereo FX, with notes and sonic vibrations at the correct height.

The morons behind this LolPayShit really need to get themselves down to MTS2 and read the whole section of Modding Infocenter. Angry

Oh, forgot to tell you that metal part is now recolorable as well in the fixed version.

ETA: New version is posted in this post, this time with repair FX added.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 06, 14:35:31 by Lord Darcy » Logged

SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2008 July 06, 07:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, one bad news here: A New Bug Found with the Cubic Stereo!

When you turn it on, it doesn't have effects that other stereos have: circles coming out from the speakers and music notes coming out from the panel....

Could someone please fix it please?

The effects while music is playing is working now i think, however there's another effect in the other stereos that is visible in the broken state.
I will look at that one tomorrow.

Try this out in the meantime.

Thx for fixing the stereo, Goggalor and I will continue to test the rest of the objects... But I don't quite get the rest of the part, what are the problems with other stereos? Do you mean stereos from other EPs/SPs? So far, I haven't seen any bugs in them....
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2008 July 06, 08:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Luxury stereo uses its unique FX specifically designed for this stereo only (notice the sonic vibration in the center), unlike most 2-tiled stereos cloned from the base game one.

Ah i see now wy he lost his FX with Corefunks.  Grin
Frally
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2008 July 06, 09:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

now that the objects mostly been fixed   can someone work on the hair  so my poor elders can use it  Huh 

Yeah, this. Thank God I did not part with any cash for this unfinished crap or I would be pissed.

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2008 July 06, 09:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* The EAxis Store team responsible for all this LolPayShit don't have much understanding in object structure of Sims. They originally built it based off the FT vintage stereo, but forced it at the last minute into the clone of GLS Luxury stereo to make it compatible with Pets, when they should have used the base game stereo format. (They fucked up IKEA preorder dresser in the same way.) While GLS Luxury stereo looks similar in size and appearance, it actually has a very different object structure from FT/base game stereo. Luxury stereo uses its unique FX specifically designed for this stereo only (notice the sonic vibration in the center), unlike most 2-tiled stereos cloned from the base game one. The target slots and CRES are all wrong.

I fixed it to use the base game stereo FX, with notes and sonic vibrations at the correct height.

I thought that was what I did as well. Was it not working properly?
Yours is still  better with the recoloring enabled , I'm just curious what I did wrong?

Thx for fixing the stereo, Goggalor and I will continue to test the rest of the objects... But I don't quite get the rest of the part, what are the problems with other stereos? Do you mean stereos from other EPs/SPs? So far, I haven't seen any bugs in them....

No, the problem was with this one,  but nevermind. It's probably fixed in Lord Darcys version or it doesn't need fixing.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 06, 10:05:00 by Goggalor » Logged
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2008 July 06, 11:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some flaws in one of the lolpayshit hair meshes. Since I have zero meshing skill points, maybe someone else'll fix it.

*** SNIPPED PIC ***

This thread has gotten too long for me to scan closely, so if this has already been mentioned, whoopsie. Feel free to poke me with sticks.

that's not actually a problem with the hair, it's a problem with your graphics card - are you on a laptop with a chip or a desktop with a crappy graphics chip / card in it? on my laptop with it's little graphics chip that could, the K&BI Stuff female hair with the bandanna wrapped around it looks like someone had sex with a power point when I view it in bodyshop (same problems you're seeing but way more extreme) but when I go into the game itself, it's seamless and how it should be.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: 2008 July 06, 12:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was what I did as well. Was it not working properly?
Yours is still  better with the recoloring enabled , I'm just curious what I did wrong?

Nothing wrong. The missing broken FX is normal, as Cubic stereo is based off FT stereo, which lacks broken FX as well. I thought I added broken FX in my first version, but it turned out I was wrong. So the only real difference between yours and my first version are slot height and recolorable metal subset.

I posted a new version, this time really with repair FX added back just like base game stereo. Though you wouldn't be able to see this FX in normal gameplay anyway, as the game disallows Tinkering for all stereos except for two base game ones.

ETA: Attachment removed, now included in the collection.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 02, 05:23:54 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2008 July 06, 12:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted a new version, this time really with repair FX added back just like base game stereo. Though you wouldn't be able to see this FX in normal gameplay anyway, as the game disallows Tinkering for all stereos except for two base game ones.

Ah, thanks. I did a version with that slot and child node in the cres, but gave up when I saw that there was no debug option to break the stereos. So I wasn't sure what positions to put in.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: 2008 July 06, 13:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a version with that slot and child node in the cres, but gave up when I saw that there was no debug option to break the stereos. So I wasn't sure what positions to put in.

I have a personal fix to bypass GUID check for Tinkering stereos, which allows Sims with low mechanical skill to break Cubic stereo by Tinkering. Though this fix has a side effect to allow Tinkering to all stereos, even for boomboxes and jukeboxes which lack repair slot, resulting in object error.

kiwianagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2008 July 07, 00:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible please for someone to make a recolour in this hair for the blonde, so it is only blonde and doesn't have the pink it in? TIA

zoe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2008 July 07, 09:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you everyone for sharing this stuff  Grin, now to create sims and post them onto the exchange ^^
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2008 July 07, 19:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. I can only imagine the horrors of the objects and sims in The Sims 3.

Sadly the nightmare will soon be reality. Remember the bloopers from the base game? They'll be unintended game "features" in The Sims 3.

I've just spent an hour sorting through all the EAxis downloads (thank you Lord Darcy and simsbaby) and have yet to see ANY of the lolpayshit. I'll check it out now.

EDIT: Noticed a few things. The first is this particular hair, that appears to come with a normal and coloured streaks variety. The problem is, the normal version is only avaliable in black. The other three hair colours only have the streaked hair.

Also, most of the hairs aren't appearing correctly for elders.

Another observation is that all the clothes seem to appear between Bon Voyage and FreeTime outfits. Was this intended or not? It seems a bit strange, is all.

« Last Edit: 2008 July 07, 20:11:03 by Alex » Logged
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2008 July 07, 19:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you to all of you contributers and fixers and hackers! I got seemingly everything in my game, and the only disappointment i have i blame EA.. the stuff really isn't work a buck, most of this shit isn't worth anything!

Edit: But what can EA do to the forum for us doing this?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 07, 20:07:51 by Batman » Logged

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2008 July 07, 20:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was away for a couple of days, so I missed out on the clothes when they were first linked on the first page. Now one of the links is overloaded (not available until the 31st because of how many downloads it got) and the other link is dead. Is there an alternative link?

Thanks again for compiling this stuff WITH the fixes.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: 2008 July 07, 20:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another observation is that all the clothes seem to appear between Bon Voyage and FreeTime outfits. Was this intended or not? It seems a bit strange, is all.

It IS indeed intended, as Store uses the previously unused product number (0x0D) which is between Teen Style Stuff and FreeTime. Basically, Store is treated as yet another SP released between TSS and FT.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2008 July 07, 20:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. I had a feeling.

My guess is that they've been planning this ever since the EA paysite EULA dramabomb.
rhldavies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008 July 07, 22:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was away for a couple of days, so I missed out on the clothes when they were first linked on the first page. Now one of the links is overloaded (not available until the 31st because of how many downloads it got) and the other link is dead. Is there an alternative link?

For the bundled version (which includes bundled files from TashaFaun, devilsrope) EAxis_Store_Clothing.rar (via Mediafire)

For the un-bundled version (in which I seperated the packages manually...) TheSims2_EAstoreClothing_Complete.rar (via Mediafire)

Links removed to due updates in newer posts.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 January 26, 21:19:20 by rhldavies » Logged

R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2008 July 08, 07:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could get decent blond recolors for all meshes if needed, but I'm not going to pay to get any of them. I also browsed the files on the link I got to this Store Sims and I didn't see anything that could be worth extra payment.
Give me a link to free meshes and I give you blondies.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2008 July 08, 08:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis_Store_Clothing.rar (via Mediafire) Cheesy

Thank you!

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2008 July 08, 09:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of this stuff IS nice. But I sure as hell wouldn't pay for any of this broken crap. If I were one of the naive fools who wasted money on this, I'd be pretty pissed, but they should be forced to live with their foolishness.

I did notice they only included one colour 9black) of the normal hair of afshortasymmetrica. I know aboslutely zilch about recolouring hair, so I don't know whether anyone can make normal variations for the other colours and a grey version for elders (why would they not include a grey version)?

EDIT: Yearrghh! Why are these in the formalwear section?!
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 10:21:50 by Alex » Logged
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008 July 08, 11:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i checked out all TSstore hair  - why do almost all make the head too long? I mean male hair and also FT male hair...
I guess I will never use the hair that pull the head up..
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2008 July 08, 11:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download the fixed version in the first post. This version remove the elongated forehead.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008 July 08, 12:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a link for a blond recolor for the mesh AFhairShortasymetrica. Hope the link is correct.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=86293
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2008 July 08, 13:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download the fixed version in the first post. This version remove the elongated forehead.
There is just one long wavy hair fixed. pity. I would try to fix by myself but I even have no idea how to do it.
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2008 July 08, 14:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Yearrghh! Why are these in the formalwear section?!
picture snipped

I have a question.  Possibly a dumb question.  That sim in your picture, where is his cummerbund tuxedo from?  A stuff pack?  Or is it CC?

EDIT: Very probably not, since it doesn't show up in your formal wear section.  But it didn't come from Celebration!, did it?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 14:57:13 by cow_tools » Logged

Now asbestos-free.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: