More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:37:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Stuff  (Read 492643 times)
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Stuff
« Reply #200 on: 2008 July 04, 01:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hate maxoid drea? wot? i dont hate her....
...i just hate the sims division of EA GAMES for ruining everything
...i feel though...soon i will also hate the need for speed sector of EA  and that will make me sad Sad  fricking pro street...*mummble*...
but um..ya..hooray for this! Cheesy

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 July 04, 01:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for all those that are doing this! it's great to see and I hope MaxoidDrea enjoys the angina - like many I'm looking to be hacking the clothing meshes apart / pillaging the textures to make better maxian clothing from it all but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm before I DL any of it if Jelenedra's suggestion of packaging a sim with the clothing on it post-pets EP has made the separate clothing meshes get packed up too?

for those of us that haven't DLed directly from the EA store we don't have the psuedo-stuff pack location in our EA folders that simpe could potentially reference the gmdcs, gmnds, cres and shpes from or anything like that, so I'm thinking this is possibly the only way we'll be able to get our hands on the meshes to manipulate?

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 July 04, 01:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong but do I install these items right to my downloads folder just like any other cc?  I thought that I read somewhere that I couldn't do that but I can't seem to find that post.  Thanks for any help.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 July 04, 01:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Just plop them in your folder like normal downloads. No, you do not have to have the EA store manager. We got it now?  Tongue

Also, I have seen perhaps two or three things I would have downloaded if not for the fact that EAxis wants all of our monies. Because clearly $300 for each Simmer wasn't enough.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 July 04, 02:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Kazzandra,  I figured as much but with my luck I would do it that way and it wouldn't work because I wasn't suppose to! Cheesy

I agree with the whole money thing, however (and please don't throw eggs at me) games like WWC and other PS3, X-box, PS2, games charge you for extra maps.  But with those they are working maps that do not require gamers to fix them before playing with them.  I don't like the idea of them continuely charging us out the nose for every little thing.  And to top it off, they don't work, and we get a nasty little malware with it.

I guess what I am saying is I can see both sides of the fence.  I just like it on this side.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 July 04, 02:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I probably should have stayed in perpetual lurkdom, but I wondered why the Deco build items and curtains won't show up in my game (when the other items do show).  I downloaded the fixed Deco items from the first page.

More importantly, though, I wanted to thank everyone for sharing. Grin

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 July 04, 03:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having some trouble with the clothes now. I've been downloading clothes as they were posted and they were all showing up in BodyShop with no problems but now that I've added more to my game, some of the outfits that were showing up, no longer are. Like the teen female clothes, the only outfit that shows now is the Brown Pottery Pattern Dress. The last time I was in BS before that, I had all the clothes for teens except the Pink Celtic Cutie and the Choker dresses. I'm missing several of the female adult outfits now and for the guys, I'm now missing two of the Hipster Jacket outfits that were there before. Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. Somehow I ended up with single package files of certain outfits (like the African Skirt & Top outfits) that were also in those combined packages that have multiple outfits in one package file. I deleted the single versions and everything showed up.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 04:31:39 by ShortyBoo » Logged
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 July 04, 04:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again for everybody who shared (this is like the 3rd time I said thanks in this thread Tongue). All these uploads and fixes have been so... overwhelming. I'm not sure which one I should download, I guess I need to go from the first page all the way to the last one...
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2008 July 04, 04:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mod is from TSR by Anoeskab it is called  maxis morefunctional dresser addon and maxis morefunctional superset.  There are two.  I got it from the booty.   There is a seperate file for each Maxis dresser within the RARs.  I pulled the slot file from one of them.  I didn't realize you had to do anything other than just replace the slot file.

Thanks for the link. Glad that I'm aware of other similar mod before I go on posting it to MTS2. No doubt some idiot will waltz in spouting "stealing codes from other artist's hard work" nonsense. Tongue

I updated Deco Dresser again, to allow more small objects without moveobjects cheat on. In my first version, I enabled it only to be equal to other small dressers like the ones from OFB or GLS. I forgot to modify private BHAV, as in my unreleased mod I lifted the weight restraint of dresser deco slots on the semi-global level. If you've downloaded the previous version, please get the updated version attached below. You may have to sell and rebuy Deco dresser for it to pick up the change.

ETA: Attachment removed, now included in the collection.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 02, 05:13:36 by Lord Darcy » Logged

SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 July 04, 06:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, everyone for sharing and fixing Maxis's craps.

The list
There are only 7 craps left to buy & share :

Female/Teen/Cloth/everyday
- Aqua Choker Dresses - 75 SimPoints
- Gold Choker Dresses - 75 SimPoints
- Violet Choker Dresses - 75 SimPoints

Female/Adult/Cloth/everyday
- Gold Peek-a-boo Fancy Dresses - 75 SimPoints
- Pink Peek-a-boo Fancy Dresses - 75 SimPoints
- Fashion Jeans and Blue Embroidered Jackets - 75 SimPoints
- Fashion Jeans and Pink Embroidered Jackets - 75 SimPoints

Anyway, they might update with more craps when the store is full version.

Am I the only one that think they will do this to Spore & Sims 3, too ?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 06:38:56 by SimOtaku » Logged
kiwianagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2008 July 04, 06:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing and fixing things up.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 July 04, 06:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coooool!!!! It's so cooool!!! I'm outside US/Canada and thus I can't even *pay* for those contents even if I want to!

And I really hate the idea of paying more than the amount of a Stuff Pack for just some downloads....

Good that you have modified those items! EAxis let the community modify their items, right? So, it's absolutely alright to share them here. Smiley

Anyway, I wanna know where should I put the files if I have Store Edition installed by EA Download Manager yet I have downloaded no game contents so far?
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 July 04, 07:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd let everyone know I  plan on buying the last 7 outfits to complete it.  It's 2:26 am my time (I'm central time) and after I get up in the morning I plan on buying the last 7 outfits.  Thought I'd let everybody know before I went to sleep so nobody would buy the last 7 outfits.
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: 2008 July 04, 07:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to again thank everyone for fixing & making the files available to all Smiley I do have 1 question. were the El Mariachi in White Vest & El Mariachi with Red Vest fixed?

Siupang you just plop the goodies in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads.

SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 July 04, 07:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to again thank everyone for fixing & making the files available to all Smiley I do have 1 question. were the El Mariachi in White Vest & El Mariachi with Red Vest fixed?

Oh I forget about that 2. They are not fix yet because the one that work only has 1 big LIFO so these also need to be buy and shaire, too.

- El Mariachi in White

- El Mariachi with Red Vest
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 July 04, 07:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim0taku, I was gonna go ahead and buy both colors of the El Mariachi clothes too.  No need to worry about that.
Indoor Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 July 04, 08:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me if I've missed this somewhere, but, are there any color options for the Cubic bookcase? I'm only seeing one color in-game, and the rest of the set has different variations and woodtones. Just thought I'd bring it up, incase something got blocked somewhere. I'm using Richeif's FT enabled bookcase and TV, if that helps any. Tha
SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 July 04, 08:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me if I've missed this somewhere, but, are there any color options for the Cubic bookcase? I'm only seeing one color in-game, and the rest of the set has different variations and woodtones. Just thought I'd bring it up, incase something got blocked somewhere. I'm using Richeif's FT enabled bookcase and TV, if that helps any. Tha

It is just like that. See ?
http://thesims2store.ea.com/index.html?categoryId=10658&index=0
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 July 04, 09:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Katratzi, I see what you mean about the curtain. Will try to fix it now.
You don't have a problem with putting things in front of the window only, right?

The bed works in my game though (with all EP's). What exactly is it that's not working for you?

EDIT: Added fixed curtains.

Goggalor thank you for your fixed Diagonal Courtain but you have removed the lead tile of the Straigt version this causes no one could place anything in front of the Window with the Courtain on it.
However i used your fixed diagonal and have build the Courtain from scratch it works now straight and diagonal and you could place something in front.
I have also fixed a mistake on my side with the Deco Window what caused if you have used the Eyedropper Tool on the diagonal Window you got a Openme Window not a Deco ones.

I have added the attachement from my first Window and Coffeetable fix and added the fixed Courtain also.

Edit: Attachement removed
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 15:43:53 by Havelock » Logged
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 July 04, 10:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that wasn't the problem, the problem was with the semi global. And there's a fixed one on the last page Wink.
The lead tile isn't necsessary on a one-tile object if you change the 0x00A and 0x00B fields in the OBJD to 0.
EDIT: In the case of the curtain this is true. There may be other objects that references the lead tile in the code I think.

EDIT2: Nevermind I was sure when I tried the fixed one yesterday that it was working but perhaps I should have just gone to sleep.
Download Havelocks curtains people!

Katratzi, I don't see anything wrong in my game with the bed recolors, and nothing that is obvious in the file either.
Does anyone ele have the problem with the stripes on the double bed flashing blue in live mode?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 10:24:01 by Goggalor » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 July 04, 10:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that wasn't the problem, the problem was with the semi global.

The problem with the Semiglobal was caused by EAxis the assigned the ourtains Global witch only exists as a name wrong written.  Tongue
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 July 04, 10:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, actually all straight curtains I try to clone actually have that "urtainGlobal" Silly EA.
After more tries it seems my fixed version works after all and you don't actually need that lead tile but since yours work too there's no need to reupload it.
I was wrong again. Oddly it works on some walls in my game but not on others. Well well...

Was the problem with the ground/wallshadow fixed in your coffeetable?

EDIT: On a side note; has anyone had any luck with running the compressorizer on these files?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 11:14:43 by Goggalor » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 July 04, 11:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, actually all straight curtains I try to clone actually have that "urtainGlobal" Silly EA.
After more tries it seems my fixed version works after all and you don't actually need that lead tile but since yours work too there's no need to reupload it.
I was wrong again. Oddly it works on some walls in my game but not on others. Well well...

Was the problem with the ground/wallshadow fixed in your coffeetable?

EDIT: On a side note; has anyone had any luck with running the compressorizer on these files?

I am not sure for the Coffeetable shadow and there is another prob i could not fix one side of the Table is not allowed against a wall.

Compressorizer worked fine with them.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 July 04, 11:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I'll look at the table and then perhaps I should make a new download with all the latest versions of the files in both sets so it's easier to find.
SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 July 04, 11:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I'll look at the table and then perhaps I should make a new download with all the latest versions of the files in both sets so it's easier to find.

That is really great idea  Wink.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: