More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:44:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Stuff
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Stuff  (Read 492600 times)
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Stuff
« Reply #150 on: 2008 July 02, 22:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the cleopatra dress (gold, bronze and silver). I'll post them in a few minutes, do not spend your money on them! I have them!

PS: Thanks to everyone who posted!
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 July 02, 23:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I'm not sure if this is the right spot to put this but...

I've been updating some of these objects to make them the way I like. 
I jacked the decobeds comfort/energy to 5/6 single and 8/8 double using Lord Darcy's (Thankyou!) modified resources from his bed mod I have, updating the book case, Stereo to FT ect. If there is interest in these I could post them.

Now I'm trying to add slots to the Deco dresser so I can put pretty things on it,  but I am having problems. 
I extracted the slot resource from a dresser of the same height that you can put things on and replaced it in the art deco dresser but it isn't working.   The item goes into the dresser instead of on top of it. Then I tried changing the BHAV init too but nothing changed.  Can someone help me with this?

I attached (I hope) the messed up version if anyone wants to look at it.  It didn't crash my game .. just doesn't work the way I want it too.

Moderator edit: attachment removed
« Last Edit: 2008 December 16, 20:32:11 by BastDawn » Logged
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2008 July 02, 23:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i dont know if it is the radiance lighting mod or if maxis is just retarded....(lol) but the unlocked cubic and deco lights ...all of them dont radiate light....will it be fixed?

You need the .nlo files for those lights. Its not included for EA Store objects?

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 July 02, 23:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much to you all for working with these things.   I went to TheSims2 site to see about that Apartment EP...Skipped FT,   but I really could use help with multiple dwellings.  Well, I logged into the SimsStore to see what was being offered.   When I read that you had to install two other programs to download and use this stuff,  I sighed and shut it down.   I have had a computer destroyed by SecuRom...USB's burned out, CD drive borked...all the standard Sony technology destruction.   So,  here I am for the first time in my computing life using a crack...and will have to wait for the Apartment crack before I buy that.... It's a shame that they are using this tactic now to get this program onto people's machines.   I'm wondering why...and why be so adamant and forceful about it?  Could it be more than just a way to copy-protect?  Are they farming out cycles and resources from Sims players equipment to interested parties?  All kind of conspiracy theories play in my head.
Long story shortened...right after I backed out of their "fantastic deal"  I headed to MATY and sure enough the wonderful Pescado Patrons were on the case.  Thanks for fixing the Maxis crap and for sharing.   I for one have no complaints, this site and the people here have been GodSent.    Love you all,   K
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 2008 July 03, 00:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You everyone for the fantastic work your doing in once again fixing EA's borked items & setting them free Smiley

Everything works great except i can't get the rugs or curtains to show up in game. Were these 3 items fixed?

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 July 03, 00:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello everyone. Delurking here to post fixes to the deco and cubic sets.

Besides the curtain with no diagonal and the stuff with too many tiles I found several other issues:

The deco living and lounge chairs had issues with their GMND's, making some subsets not update their textures properly.
The dresser had a whopping 1929 vertices extra, in an unused subset.
The window had duplicates of three textures and material overrides/definitions. I removed these from the window that havelock had fixed already.
Finally several of the objects from both sets had mixed up groundshadows with wallshadows, making the walllshadow visible at all times.

Hopefully all of this is fixed now. Let me know if you find any problems with these files.

EDIT: Look here instead http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12303.msg349692.html#msg349692

I included the items I haven't done anything with to keep the sets together.

Big thanks to everyone who has shared and fixed files here.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 12:20:01 by Goggalor » Logged
katysails
Asinine Airhead

"Women and cats will do as they please..." Heinlei

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 July 03, 01:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

snicker...NaxoidDrea is being treated for her coronary now...

katy<br />\\\\\\\"Women and cats will do as they please...\\\\\\\" R. Heinlein
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 July 03, 01:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I got the cleopatra dress (gold, silver and bronze) but how do I extract it to post it here???
raven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 July 03, 01:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You people all rock, thank you so much for do things, and fixing all the blunders that EA can't be bothered to correct, bunch of lazy asses.

Richief from what I've read in this thread it sounds like you need to look in a folder that the EA downloader has made, most likely found under your Computer/ProgramFiles/EAGames/Sims2Store - I'm guessing.
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2008 July 03, 01:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You Goggalor! Smiley

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 July 03, 01:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally several of the objects from both sets had mixed up groundshadows with wallshadows, making the walllshadow visible at all times.

Is that what's wrong with the end table in the surfer bedroom set in TSS? Because there's always a shadow on the side of the table and because of that, I've stopped using that set.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 July 03, 01:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides the curtain with no diagonal and the stuff with too many tiles I found several other issues:

The deco living and lounge chairs had issues with their GMND's, making some subsets not update their textures properly.
The window had duplicates of three textures and material overrides/definitions. I removed these from the window that havelock had fixed already.

Hopefully all of this is fixed now. Let me know if you find any problems with these files.

decoset: http://www.box.net/shared/hn1hcnd444
cubicset: http://www.box.net/shared/j71f8jfokw

Ohh, cool. thanks so much! Smiley easily re-writable, too, gotta love it.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 July 03, 02:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is so totally awesome, I'm updating the main links to include this now.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 July 03, 02:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much Simsbaby.

I just noticed that the cubic barstool was unreasonably huge at 1.4MB.
Looking inside I found 111mp3/sound files, 27 "track settings" and 27 "UNK:0x7B1ACFCD". Surely they have no business being there?

Here is a cleaned up version at 90kb. If it doesn't seem to cause any problems or if someone with more knowlege says it's fine I will update my rar from the earlier post.

EDIT: included in the packs in this post  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12303.msg349692.html#msg349692
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 15:19:58 by Goggalor » Logged
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 July 03, 03:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Delurked)I have a friend trying too get ALL the clothes for all ages and he will get them packaged for me and cleaned up and then I'll post them here.It might be a little bit of a wait though he's a lazy shit lol.And if someone does this before me that's ok I'll still post mine just incase.
Thanks guys for the goodies cause that EA Store sucks it.PSMBD including EAxis. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 06:04:27 by simkat » Logged

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: 2008 July 03, 03:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm trying to add slots to the Deco dresser so I can put pretty things on it,  but I am having problems. 
I extracted the slot resource from a dresser of the same height that you can put things on and replaced it in the art deco dresser but it isn't working.   The item goes into the dresser instead of on top of it. Then I tried changing the BHAV init too but nothing changed.  Can someone help me with this?

I fixed the decorative slots on the top of Deco dresser, using the resources extracted from GLS low dresser. I based mine on the fixed version by Goggalor (thanks!). You may have to sell and rebuy Deco dresser for it to pick up the change.

ETA: Updated Deco Dresser again. Attachment removed, now included in the collection.

It's great to see a lot of newbies and de-lurkers popping up to post their awesome contribution. ARRR matey!
« Last Edit: 2008 August 02, 05:10:29 by Lord Darcy » Logged

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 July 03, 03:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these the same files that were fixed yesterday by BastDawn so those of us that don't have the EA downloader can see them in game?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2008 July 03, 03:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these the same files that were fixed yesterday by BastDawn so those of us that don't have the EA downloader can see them in game?

The EP flags are set to 1 (base game), so they will appear without EA downloader.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 July 03, 03:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. Wink
SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 July 03, 04:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I got the cleopatra dress (gold, silver and bronze) but how do I extract it to post it here???

From what I read it is in

Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\EA STORE
boo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 July 03, 05:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to buy the three Metro Maven Suits and share them here.
boo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 July 03, 06:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok here they are. Tell me if something is wrong and I well try my best to fix it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vfmnvdyavxn
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 July 03, 07:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I really love this site. Snarky, but awesome.

I'm guessing, since the link has been pulled from the front page of the thread, that there's a problem with clothes working? I checked out everything today and I've got hair styles and items, but no clothes.

SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 July 03, 07:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok here they are. Tell me if something is wrong and I well try my best to fix it.

Thanks, I remove - 3 Metro Maven Suits - 300 SimPoints from the list of what we left to buy.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12303.msg348937.html#msg348937

I will remove 3 Cleopatra Dresses - 300 SimPoints after Richief share them.
boo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 July 03, 07:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I remove - 3 Metro Maven Suits - 300 SimPoints from the list of what we left to buy.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12303.msg348937.html#msg348937

I will remove 3 Cleopatra Dresses - 300 SimPoints after Richief share them.
You are very welcome. I will buy three more things from the list since I have 275 Sim Points left.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: