More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:54:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Stuff  (Read 492627 times)
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Stuff
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 01, 04:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Behold, the lolpayshit.

Words. They fail me.  Cry
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 01, 05:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ create one Smiley

Can I do that?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 01, 05:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, can you?  Tongue Try just making a folder and dumping the files in there.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 01, 05:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair warning: I tried to delete one recolor of one of the hairs (the short choppy one comes with 2 blacks) and ALL of the TS2 store hairs disappeared.  They were still in the DL folder, which is weird, but I've re-dl'd them to see if that fixes it.
That happens when all of the recolors are in one package. This time it isn't my fault though, as the files are as they came directly from EAxis. The only thing I did was compress them and change the product number.

ok i wait here Wink please tell me what happend  Cry
I don't know why they aren't working for you. They show up in my game fine. What expansion packs/ stuff packs do you have?

i have all expansions and stuff, please tell me in what carpet you save those items

OK, just deleted the offending hairs from the DL folder itself, all the other show up fine now.

And... I know not this carpet of which you speak Huh
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 01, 05:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Behold, the lolpayshit.

ROFFLE. P&L.

DNW.

Typical.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
LuisDiaz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 01, 05:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I don't know if it would help, but I placed mine in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\EA Store. Maybe you could try placing it in there, but besides from that I don't know what would be causing it.  Sad

You download the TS2 Store? and later put it?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 01, 05:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Do not download EAStore. It is evil.

Just create the folder path shown above. Put files inside. Yay.

Kids. It's not that freaking hard.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 01, 05:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put them in Download folder and they show.

Anyway, they have fiveheads.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 01, 07:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, they have fiveheads.

That was the first hair to go after I had taken a look at them all. Smiley It would actually be a relatively attractive hairstyle, if EA had not felt the mysterious need to double our poor Sims' foreheads with it.

Thanks for uploading these, Simsbaby! You couldn't pay me to go near that EA store.

I sing along with elevator music.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 01, 07:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks simsbaby and TashaFaun!

Even if someone wanted to buy some of the hair or outfits, they don't even have a decent picture in that pathetic "store" so you know what you're getting. They're small, dark and only offer a glimpse of what's inside (and they lack a big red "SECUROM INSIDE" warning Tongue)

Dive in!
empires
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 01, 08:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what EA/Maxis *who ever made it* was thinking when they made the store. *laughs at the concept of them thinking about something besides money* In a way its a good idea for people who dont want whole expansions if you look at it from there point of view I guess.  Have the clothes been releases and is the one male hair included?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 08:22:02 by empires » Logged
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 01, 08:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the objects, hairs, etc. made by TSR by any chance?
Because when I look at that picture from Pescado, it looks like it is. Shocked Cheesy
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 01, 08:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG this is the best laugh I have had for a long time.  What error have they not managed to incorporate into this new system?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 01, 09:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I don't know if it would help, but I placed mine in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\EA Store. Maybe you could try placing it in there, but besides from that I don't know what would be causing it.  Sad

I haven't been able to get the objects to show up.  When I went to make an EA Store folder following the above instructions, I found that I have a duplicate catalog folder. I have a catalog folder and a catalog(2) folder. Actually, I have several folders that are duplicated. This can't be good. Anyone know how I could have ended up with all these duplicate folders in my Sims 2 folder?

I have all EP's and GL, H&M, TSS,  K&B & IKEA.

ETA: I moved all of the duplicate folders out of my Sims 2 folder and the game works fine. It still baffles me how I ended up with duplicate folders. Huh
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 11:02:38 by keirra » Logged
Missing
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 01, 09:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all the members who share their items  Smiley
The tv and the boockcase are missing FT functions... I don't know why I'm not surprised  Roll Eyes

Maybe ou can try to delete the duplicate folder ? Or at least put it on an another folder and start your game to see what happened.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 01, 10:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All objects show up normally in my game (missing FT functions of course as stated before).

All hair too, but only 3 of the 4 male outfits and 4 of the 7 female ones show up. After I started the game the files of the non-working clothes shrunk to several bytes only (I think someone else mentioned that too).

Dive in!
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 01, 10:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go figure the female hairs are showin up for YA/A but not female elders.But the one male hairdo is showing up for elder males.Anyone know how too link the elder female hairs?And that curly glam hair sucks it's ugly.

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Missing
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 01, 10:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only 2 female hairs have the elder version, the Movie Star 'Do and the Long and Wavy Hair.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 July 01, 10:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get the objects to show up either. I've tried everything I can think of, but, they don't show up. I didn't patch FT, could that have anything to do with it?
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 01, 11:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made Collection files for Deco and Cubic sets, in case someone wants them  Tongue

EDIT: updated, cause didn't notice Cubic rug. Instead put Deco in Cubic collection. Now everything is in order!  Cool
Actually serves as a really good example, as why collections are needed.
EDIT2: Forgot to add a window to Deco collection  Undecided

* Cubic.rar (2.58 KB - downloaded 1089 times.)
* Deco.rar (2.54 KB - downloaded 897 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 13:10:54 by blackcat » Logged
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 July 01, 11:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chatted with Pescado about this in grah.  The objects are not showing up for people who have not installed the EA downloader because it creates a sort of Stuff Pack for them.  To use the files without the downloader, they must be converted to a base-game code.  It's easy: load the file into SimPE, open the OBJD, and edit field "0x0040" to say 0x1 instead of 0x1000.  Commit for each OBJD and save.

I'll upload the fixed objects once I have all of them done, and anyone who wants to can distribute them again.   Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 22:31:11 by BastDawn » Logged

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 July 01, 11:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Behold, the lolpayshit.

Lips sealed
Oh, no… That's really terrible! Even by EA's low standards…

Don't they check this stuff? Ha.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
midge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 July 01, 11:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

right I did download the installer which in turn installed the sims 2 store, however I removed it, the files I placed in my downloads folder and I used the collection files above and low and behold they show up perfectly so I would say you dont need the sims store program thingy, I have all expansions and stuff packs to date maybe they need one of them?, thank you for the files and also blackcat who made the collection files, I did notice though when the game installed it updated all the ep's and patched, so maybe this to could be the reason? even though like I said I uninstalled the sims 2 store, its weird its not showing for some people.

hugs

midge
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 July 01, 12:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chatted with Pescado about this in grah.  The objects are not showing up for people who have not installed the EA downloader because it creates a sort of Stuff Pack for them.  To use the files without the downloader, they must be converted to a base-game code.  It's easy: load the file into SimPE, open the OBJD, and edit field "0x0040 Unused - dynamic sprites base id" to say 0x1 instead of 0x1000.  Commit for each OBJD and save.

I'll upload the fixed objects once I have all of them done, and anyone who wants to can distribute them again.   Tongue

Thank you, BastDawn! I just did one file checked it in game, and it's there!  Grin
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 July 01, 12:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The objects are not showing up for people who have not installed the EA downloader because it creates a sort of Stuff Pack for them.

That's strange, I didn't install EA Download Manager but the objects showed up fine for me. I'm running FT patch 1 with NoCD.
Oh no... does it mean that somehow I inadvertently installed EA Download Manager?  Shocked How can you tell if this EADM shit is indeed installed or not? Does it create some shortcuts in Start Menu?

All hair too, but only 3 of the 4 male outfits and 4 of the 7 female ones show up. After I started the game the files of the non-working clothes shrunk to several bytes only (I think someone else mentioned that too).

Same here, these 4 outfits seem to be corrupted. SimPE cannot open them either.

afbodyafricanwoven_purplegreen
afbodydressbaroque_purple
afbodydressbaroque_red
ambodybohemian_blue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: