More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:44:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Stuff
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Stuff  (Read 494480 times)
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Stuff
« Reply #50 on: 2008 July 01, 12:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I did the curtains, instead of 0x1000 the number is 0x0080 for the diagonal curtains. Do I change that number to 0x1?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 July 01, 12:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, and they change into a different curtain on the diagonal, so don't do that, I guess.   Tongue  I'm going to do those over and report back.  Further, these objects need Pets or later.  They crash my OFB game, and in my FreeTime game, the pets can sleep and scratch on the beds.  I guess the downloader upgrades your game engine.

Also, that end table isn't the only item made wrong.  Many have too many tiles.   Angry  If someone else wants to volunteer to fix those, I'll have the base-gamed files up soon and anyone who wants to chop them down properly can have at it.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 12:45:08 by BastDawn » Logged

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 July 01, 12:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody who has fixed the objects willing to share? Cheesy

Anyway, the third patch for FT is out, and apparently the EA downloader from the store automatically patches your game with it Roll Eyes
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 July 01, 12:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, and they change into a different curtain on the diagonal, so don't do that, I guess.   Tongue  I'm going to do those over and report back.

Actually, the diagonal mesh reverts to Seasons Country curtain even in the unmodified original file.

I guess EAxis stupidly forgot to link the diagonal mesh to the straight mesh. Or they didn't make a diagonal mesh for this curtain in the first place. Note the blank tile on the left. Epic PHAIL.

Further, these objects need Pets or later.  They crash my OFB game, and in my FreeTime game, the pets can sleep and scratch on the beds.  I guess the downloader upgrades your game engine.

This Store objects are treated like yet another SP between Teen Pack and FreeTime. As Teen Pack is based on Pets engine, it makes sense that this store pack is also based on Pets.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 July 01, 12:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, and they change into a different curtain on the diagonal, so don't do that, I guess.   Tongue  I'm going to do those over and report back.  Further, these objects need Pets or later.  They crash my OFB game, and in my FreeTime game, the pets can sleep and scratch on the beds.  I guess the downloader upgrades your game engine.

Also, that end table isn't the only item made wrong.  Many have too many tiles.   Angry  If someone else wants to volunteer to fix those, I'll have the base-gamed files up soon and anyone who wants to chop them down properly can have at it.

I could look into File fixing. I have done so many of them with the Castaway Files. I need only to know what i should fix(like, remove additional tiles, fix to many files)

HeHe another missing or wrong Diagonal Mesh, had the same happen with a CS Window. Stupid EAxis. The Diagonal Mesh is most likely missing was the same with the CS Window. Its also sloppy object cloning on there side.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 July 01, 13:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happens with the window when it's placed diagonally. Stupid EA.

@crystalclear, BastDawn will be putting the files up.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 July 01, 13:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paying was your first mistake. Never pay for downloads.

For isn't it written: "Pirate Cat will not pay for his downloads"?

I've been reading Beancounter too much.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 July 01, 13:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have the object files in two different categories.  One is for working objects that you can put into any game that uses the Pets engine or later; the other has the five broken objects that someone else needs to fix, because I've been up all night and I want to go to bed.   Tongue  The broken objects are the curtain and window, which need working diagonals, and both rugs and the coffee table, which along with the curtain have extra tiles.  The broken objects will at least appear in the game, as I fixed that much.

Files removed, as they were further improved by others elsewhere in this thread.

These objects are on MediaFire and should be moved to stable, anonymous hosting once they are in working condition -- don't count on them to be available here forever.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 05, 01:37:03 by BastDawn » Logged

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 July 01, 14:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it. How typically EA. A thread about arrquiring their newest products is now a 3-page thread on fixing all the errors. P&L at EA. Sad and tragic phail.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 July 01, 14:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hope someone fixes the Long & Wavy hair to get rid of the fivehead. Otherwise, it's a really pretty hairstyle.
LuisDiaz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 July 01, 15:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wait for the fix Store Stuff.  Thanks!  Grin
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 July 01, 15:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hope someone fixes the Long & Wavy hair to get rid of the fivehead. Otherwise, it's a really pretty hairstyle.

I also think the parting of the hair (is that how it's called?) in the middle is a little too much, but yeah, other than that the hair looks pretty good. So do some other of the hairstyles, and I love the outfit with the vest for the guys!

Dive in!
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 July 01, 15:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have the object files in two different categories.  One is for working objects that you can put into any game that uses the Pets engine or later; the other has the five broken objects that someone else needs to fix, because I've been up all night and I want to go to bed.   Tongue  The broken objects are the curtain and window, which need working diagonals, and both rugs and the coffee table, which along with the curtain have extra tiles.  The broken objects will at least appear in the game, as I fixed that much.

Working, ready-to-use objects

Broken stuff - someone fix them please

These objects are on MediaFire and should be moved to stable, anonymous hosting once they are in working condition -- don't count on them to be available here forever.

Thank you for posting.  I don't use SimPe so this is great. Wink

ETA: I just checked and everything is showing up in the game.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 17:23:29 by fatkitty » Logged
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 July 01, 17:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot for the hairstyles! And the new objects!

Where is the clothing from the Sims Store? Does someone know where can I find it?
I've found them: Post
« Last Edit: 2008 July 02, 00:34:51 by BastDawn » Logged
Grania
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 July 01, 17:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had to unlurk to thank everyone for pirating and fixing these exclusive Store items.  The Store itself is a pathetic testament to EAxis's manifesto of money-grubbing.  But the fact that the items being sold are so borked, that legitimately downloaded stuff isn't showing up - sad.  Not surprising, just sad.

I don't know who comes up with these ideas for EA or who does their marketing, but they should be fired.  This Store could have actually been a marketing coup for EA, if they hadn't gotten greedy.  The community HAS been asking for the ability to pick and choose Stuff Pack items, so launching a Store with these items would have said that EA listens to the gaming community.  Leave off Suckurom, don't forcibly install patches - just let people download Sims2Packs.  This would also mean that Mac users could download these items which could mean some serious cash for EA.  Most of the Stuff Packs haven't been released for the Mac yet, and not a day goes by without yet another preteen posting on the Mac boards whining about how Mac users are the whipping boys of the Sims community, Aspyr doesn't love us, etc.

Then release some of those exclusive downloads as free stuff on the Exchange.  'Cause some of the stuff like the male vest outfit and the new Teen Female clothing looks cute.  And if the stuff is borked when you get it in game, it's not such a big deal 'cause it was free anyway.  This would build some good will and customer loyalty, things of which EA is in seriously short supply.  And given that they're going to want us to re-up with the Sims franchise when Sims 3 comes out, they need to start working on coddling their customer base.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 July 01, 17:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much, Bast Dawn.  I'm assuming that since these are simple .package files, they will work correctly in a Mac game?

Now if only someone would arrr the party and wedding stuff, especially the cakes, I'd be a happy woman.  I've never seen a single CC cake that worked correctly.

PB

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 July 01, 17:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Those are from the Celebration! SP actually, or is that not available for Mac? (I mean an arr-able version)

Dive in!
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 July 01, 18:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently Celebration Stuff hasn't sold well enough for them to port it over to Mac. Poor Prof has been pining over the Celebration stuff for ages, but they just won't port it over.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 July 01, 18:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Celebration stuff... sigh. Some of the new cakes are cute, and I quite like some of the deco frills and new walls/floors, but everything is so cheap! Maybe it's just a quibble, but I don't fancy redecorating for my sims' wedding/birthday just to watch their environment score plummet while they walk around barfing at all their new stuff.

Maybe if I finally tried to figure out how to build a comm lot for weddings these things would actually come in handy, but aside from a cake or two and a plain ceiling lamp, I hardly ever fuss with that stuff at all.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 July 01, 18:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BastDawn, Thank you for all you're efforts. Grin
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 July 01, 18:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Covered elsewhere)
« Last Edit: 2008 December 15, 01:37:09 by HystericalParoxysm » Logged
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 July 01, 18:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks HP! EA is as shitty as paysites selling sub-par stuff. Free creators FTW.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 July 01, 18:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, HP! By any chance would you be doing the other hairs that have fiveheads?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 July 01, 18:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody care for an anti-fivehead version of that long wavy hair?  It's not perfect, but it's a lot better.
Any chance of a picture? I'd love to see what you managed to make out of that mess.

No LOD15 version because only hippies, savages, and animals play on low detail.
*roffle*

HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 July 01, 18:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... pic, as requested.  Not perfect but... better.  None of the rest struck me as too fiveheaded - that one was awful.  Also, the part on it has been reduced too - I dunno about you, but when I part my hair, you see a tiny line of scalp between two gentle rises of hair, not a raging torrent of Scalp River between the sheer cliffs of Hair Canyon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: