More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:14:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful than You! July: AUGH, get that stuff off my face!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful than You! July: AUGH, get that stuff off my face!  (Read 161625 times)
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: More Awful than You! July: AUGH, get that stuff off my face!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 01, 15:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the artist, this is a recolour, but IMO it's a crappy one. The two first ones are kind of ok, but the rest: it almost looks like the creator first took a picture of the sim, and then drew on it with a black marker. Behold:

Found here:http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/sets/663717/

Description:A set of the Castaway Stories native face tattoos recolored to black, along with a native tattoo from Bon Voyage recolored to both black and a light gray that matches the original color of the Castaway tattoos. These all work in both Castaway Stories and The Sims 2.

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 01, 15:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, they *are* recolours of Maxis made face tattoos and to be honest, I think they're pretty good (well, most of them anyway). The original ones are silver/white and they don't look so good on light skins but these do.

Anyway, the patterns are from EA and for what they're designed to be (tribal tattoos) I think they're okay. The base game face masks on the other hand, I never find any good reason to use.

Dive in!
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 01, 15:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case you missed it, this is the rainbow goatee that didn't make it for the June challenge.

Gaze at its awefulness.

Available at TSR (I'll dig up the link again if anyone REALLY wants it)

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 01, 15:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, they *are* recolours of Maxis made face tattoos and to be honest, I think they're pretty good (well, most of them anyway). The original ones are silver/white and they don't look so good on light skins but these do.

Anyway, the patterns are from EA and for what they're designed to be (tribal tattoos) I think they're okay. The base game face masks on the other hand, I never find any good reason to use.

Well, I think they're a bit too *black* to look realistic (that is, look like a tattoo and not magic marker) on the skin, but maybe that's just me...(at least for number 4, 5,6, 8, and 10-15.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 01, 16:35:18 by Jadis » Logged

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 01, 16:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Available at TSR (I'll dig up the link again if anyone REALLY wants it)

I think once is enough to shame them, assuming they have a way of checking stats.  Cheesy

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 01, 17:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the Pit of Despair, and from Atwa no less:
I don't know if she was trying to make a poorly-done jab at PMBD or what. It looks more like a bandit mask than something a pirate would wear, but when did Atwa ever make sense?

The background amuses me, if only to scoff at such a weak attempt at an 'insult.'

EDIT: Fixing typos and adding the URL.

You know Pescado must be boo-hooing in his bunker right now.  Roll Eyes It would be funny if it weren't so lame.

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 01, 18:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shaved Eyebrows from MTS2

Apparently this was this person's first edit, and it really isn't crappy quality, but it still bodes the question: WHY?!?

If you could think of a reasons you'd want them, find 'em here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250266
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 01, 18:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*facepalms*
I know some 12s or 18s think they look badass, but srsly. Sheer wanna-be lameassery. Especially on a child. "Double dumbass on you!"

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
torawashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 01, 20:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both of these from MTS2.

From Cardigananjel:

Can't sleep. Pixie clowns will eat me.

And from icedmango:

I know it's intentionally goofy, but still. Whyyy?
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 02, 01:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the fuck.

[snipped because nobody wants to see that again]

You know you want it.

Just when you think you've seen it all.....
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 02, 04:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought shaved eyebrows went out with Vanilla Ice in the 80s, and that it wasn't an attractive look THEN.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 02, 04:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently this was this person's first edit, and it really isn't crappy quality, but it still bodes the question: WHY?!?
If you could think of a reasons you'd want them, find 'em here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250266

I can think of a reason, as I have them, scars. I have one or two scar sets. One or two of those scars are over the area an eyebrow would be.

I will also speak in defense of the Feathered mask from Peggy. Gaudy as it may be, it is authentic looking. I live in the new orleans area. 70% or more of the shops in the quarter have masks that look just like that.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 02, 08:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, in turn, will speak in the defense of the goofy eyes. (it's the second time in this thread that I'm standing up for a proposed item, should that mean something? Tongue)

Those aren't supposed to be worn constantly as an accessory, I'm pretty sure. But if you *wanted* to take a picture where a sim would have that look, they'd be really hepful.

Remember people, there are things that look weird but they're intentionally that way, and they can have a use. The Christmas tree barf on the face on the other hand... not so much.

Dive in!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 02, 11:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can think of a reason, as I have them, scars. I have one or two scar sets. One or two of those scars are over the area an eyebrow would be.

True, and a good point. I'd say those eyebrows should be a face makeup, then, rather than a genetically-inheritable trait.

I will also speak in defense of the Feathered mask from Peggy. Gaudy as it may be, it is authentic looking. I live in the new orleans area. 70% or more of the shops in the quarter have masks that look just like that.

Wahey, my hometown! How y'all are, chere? I agree; the feathered mask, while apparently completely lacking in texture/colour, looks like a *very* well meshed item. Given it's Peggy's, there's probably some insane gap in it somewhere, but from the picture given, it's really beautifully done. Perfect replica of the Mardi Gras style and very fitting for, say, a formal party.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 02, 12:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing becomes apparent here: most everyone ran to TSR and looked in the costume makeup area immediately after seeing the contest theme.

Remember people, there are things that look weird but they're intentionally that way, and they can have a use. The Christmas tree barf on the face on the other hand... not so much.

Sure, but I think the whole point here is your subjective opinion of what constitutes as tasteless or useful.

See this?

That frightens me and I think it is awful, but then again, I'm not into this whole creepy doll scene.
People who don't like Star Wars might say the same for this:

That's just my opinion. You can consider them both entries.  Tongue
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 02, 13:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goddess. That second one terrifies me.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 02, 13:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the Twi'lek head-thing, but the fact that the skin tone doesn't match everywhere (check the "ears" coming out of the sides of the crown) does bother me.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 02, 16:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'ears' are part of the headdress.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 July 02, 17:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love those Twi'lek head thingies. You can wear them with or without those head-dresses. I have them on several aliens in my Strangetown, and it looks great on them. It's cool that they pick up the color of the Sim's skin.
Yea, but I like weird stuff.. Wink

why be normal?
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 02, 17:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing becomes apparent here: most everyone ran to TSR and looked in the costume makeup area immediately after seeing the contest theme.

That in itself speaks volumes about the content available there, doesn't it? I certainly mad-dashed myself over there because I knew there would be plenty of post-worthy items available. Grin

*goes off to check other sites*

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 July 02, 18:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, but I think the whole point here is your subjective opinion of what constitutes as tasteless or useful.

See this?

I have that sim, mostly for the clothes it came with, after seeing the makeup and eyes in my own game I literally went "UUUUUGGHGGHHH".
Those eyes are horrible.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Kchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 July 03, 01:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went over to MTS2 and looked in the non-featured section. There's some well-made stuff there that just makes you go WTF?

Veni, Vici, Vetinari.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 July 03, 01:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went over to MTS2 and looked in the non-featured section. There's some well-made stuff there that just makes you go WTF?

Hey, I think Kchan's starting to get the point of this exercise. Please, tell me you're not related to Tchan?

Kchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 July 03, 03:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I think Kchan's starting to get the point of this exercise. Please, tell me you're not related to Tchan?

Yeah, I'll admit, my first entry doesn't compare to some of the others. I would've entered a lady with 'white paint' on her face, but it was entered in either last month or May. And caused a break-down or two.

And no, never met Tchan before.

Veni, Vici, Vetinari.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 July 03, 03:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And no, never met Tchan before.

In that case, WELCOME, Kchan.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: