More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 08:37:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Crashing Community Lot - CORRECTION: More to the problem than I thought
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crashing Community Lot - CORRECTION: More to the problem than I thought  (Read 5485 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Crashing Community Lot - CORRECTION: More to the problem than I thought
« on: 2008 June 30, 23:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I have all the EP and SP (just installed IKEA SP before this occured)

In this neighbourhood I'm building, I placed a shrunken residential lot (2x1), converted it to a community lot and built a little bar on it.  I saved and exited the lot, renamed it, placed in my neighbourhood lot bin.  When I went back into my lot bin again, to place the little bar, my game crashed.  Unsure as to the reason, I went back into my game and in the neighbourhood, the lot was where I had placed it before crashing.  So I pretty much gave it up to a one time glitch.  I went back into my lot bin, and placed another one of these little bars, which I had planned on converting to a different place.  The game crashed again.  I restarted and when I went back in, the lot was where I had placed it.  So I thought I had figured out the problem (or at least be prepared to restart the game when I place that lot)

This time now, I decided to load a house with a playable character (Sullivan) I had from before I even started on this crashing lot problem.  The game crashed.  I'm completely unsure as to what's wrong now.  I don't have a an error log with me now, but I can post one later if it's required Added error logs.  Could it be specifically that lot that's causing the problem?  I've played other shrunken lots in my game and they have worked fine.

I tried the neighbourhood again, deleted the 2 community lots I had that crashed when I placed them, and then tried to go into the Sullivan lot again.  Game crashed when loading (at the 4 bar mark).  I went back into the game and tried again, this time with a different house, the Linus lot, and it crashed at the same point. 

The last hack I had added to the game was the dolphin "Control this Sim", and Lord Darcy's IKEA fixes.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 02, 01:52:27 by rome_raven » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Crashing Community Lot
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 01, 11:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weirdly sized lots risk potential grief. Period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Crashing Community Lot
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 01, 15:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just recently tried moving all the sims that i had on any kind of shrunken lot and tried to place them on the Maxis porvided 2x2 lots...crashed the game again.  Is it even possible to save this neighbourhood anymore?

EDITED TO ADD:

I started a whole new game, with no hacks, just a few pieces of clothing and default replacements for skins and such.  Got into the game fine.  Tried to get into a random house in Riverblossom, and the game crashed.  Bodyshop also will not open, it will just leave me a bunch of thingies in my Sims 2 folder.

So I'm going under the assumption that some important background file may have gotten deleted and since I don't know what it is, and I'll have to reinstall everything.  However, I don't currently have on of my expansion packs.  Would I be able to keep my folder that is already on my C:\ drive and just put it back in after the reinstall and still have all the info from that expansion pack?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 02, 02:02:08 by rome_raven » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Crashing Community Lot - CORRECTION: More to the problem than I thought
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 02, 02:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you have some bad CC in the game. Some CC is so bad that your game will keep crashing even when (or especially if!) you remove it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 02, 02:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering there's no CC except for clothes and default skintones and face templates, is there anything that can be done to fix the game or is it a complete re-install?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 02, 02:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....that's a lot of CC, you know. Try removing that, too.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 02, 02:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this neighbourhood I'm building, I placed a shrunken residential lot (2x1), converted it to a community lot and built a little bar on it.  I saved and exited the lot, renamed it, placed in my neighbourhood lot bin.  When I went back into my lot bin again, to place the little bar, my game crashed. 
May I ask how you shrank the lot?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 02, 03:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mootilda: Before I had FT, I used the Lot Adjuster (available somewhere on MTS2), after FT. it wouldn't work properly for me anymore so I just use MaryLou's shrunken lots available on MTS2

Pescade: By completely removing my DL, Bodyshop started to work again.  I replaced my defaults and it still works.  I'll have to do more testing though to see if everything is going back to normal.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 02, 04:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rome_raven, there is an updated Lot Adjuster at MTS2. Works perfectly. Supports making faux party walls for townhouses. See Plasticbox's work here. New Lot Adjuster here.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 02, 21:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faux party walls?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 03, 13:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faux party walls?
The Sims 2 doesn't allow people to create two lots which share a common wall (party walls).  This means that it's impossible to make row houses, town houses, terrace houses, ... whatever you call them ..., inside the game.

There was a test version of the LotExpander which allowed people to create lots with walls on the edge of the lot, which makes true party walls possible.  Unfortunately, the game really didn't like these lots and would intermittently crash.  To protect people from in-game corruption, the test version was removed.

LotAdjuster version 1.1 allows you to create a house with walls which touch the edge of the lot, as long as those walls are perpendicular to the edge of the lot.  So, two adjacent lots can't actually share a wall, but they can appear to share a wall.  The walls of the two lots seem to touch each other in the neighborhood view, and in the lot view in later EPs.  However, these are not true party walls, since the outer tile along the edge of the lot cannot be enclosed by walls.  Thus, "faux" or false party walls.

To see what I'm talking about, here's an example:

Each of these houses is actually a separate lot; you can tell by the individual mailboxes.

When the original poster mentioned that the crashes were occurring with shrunken lots, I just wanted to make sure that they weren't using the test version of the LotExpander, which is known to cause corruption, and that there wasn't an unknown crashing issue with the shrinking feature in the LotAdjuster.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 14:06:05 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 03, 14:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had used empty shrunken lots that were provided by MaryLou.  I didn't build anything on there that went to the edge of the lot, or at least not in this neighbouhood.

As for the original issue, or continuation of my problem with my fliipping game  Angry...

My body shop is currently being VERY picky as to clothes I put in the downloads folder.  I've already discovered it hates an outfit from Adele, all of the underwear I downloaded from Adele and pants from Aikea.  It will open, load part way and then disappear as if I never tried to open it in the first plac, leaving those error files in my Sims 2 folder, at like 40 at a time.  I haven't tried to open up my game yet.  I haven't even started on objects or hacks. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: