More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:30:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autosocializer
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autosocializer  (Read 9615 times)
Dilettante
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Autosocializer
« on: 2005 July 25, 15:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance this could be modified to recognize that the victim...er, target, of the socialization attempt has gone behind a locked dorm door (or elsewhere which is not accessable to the socializing sim) so the idiot doesn't stand there waiting until the target reemerges?

Or is this to make sure we don't fall asleep at our keyboards as your macros do all the work?  Wink

If you want to make a silk purse from a sow's ear, you better start with a silk sow.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Autosocializer
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 25, 15:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really think it's feasible to catch every potential case of nonreceptivity. Been harassing the dormies, I see? I'll see if this sort of thing exhibits any identifiable signs, but it's hard to tell.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 25, 16:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What other use do dormies have than harassing material?
They're far too ugly to wed, and tend to disappear when needed anyway.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 25, 17:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having some amusement by placing a cowplant in the dorm cafeteria, then burying the tombstones out back. I call it, "Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse". It's gotten particularly amusing now that the ghosts themselves have reached critical mass such that they're now potentially lethal to the dormies, and there's enough of them that several will always manifest. The main building is kept ghost-free by strategically placed Ghostbusters, but the dormies keep insisting on running outside to die of fright. With no-dormie-regeneration and a few experimental anti-spawners installed, I'm sure the thinning of my college neighborhood will proceed with some amusement.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dilettante
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 25, 17:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I had no dormie regen on before I selected a college, so I seem to be getting only the initial set of townies. Those aren't so bad - sure, some of them were hit with an ugly stick but some surgery, new clothes and a trip to the beauty parlor (and a few judicious tweaks in SimPE) and they become pliant and ever so grateful syncopants to the leisure class.

If you want to make a silk purse from a sow's ear, you better start with a silk sow.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 25, 17:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: J. M. Pescado
I'm having some amusement by placing a cowplant in the dorm cafeteria, then burying the tombstones out back. I call it, "Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse". It's gotten particularly amusing now that the ghosts themselves have reached critical mass such that they're now potentially lethal to the dormies, and there's enough of them that several will always manifest. The main building is kept ghost-free by strategically placed Ghostbusters, but the dormies keep insisting on running outside to die of fright. With no-dormie-regeneration and a few experimental anti-spawners installed, I'm sure the thinning of my college neighborhood will proceed with some amusement.

May I ask what experimental anti-spawn mods those are, or is it a secret? I'm only asking because I, as I said in some other thread, I have built a replica of my village using the deleteAll cheat, but unfortunately neglected to attach a University and do likewise there. I have the tendency to become dreadfully absent-minded when I'm not at work or at university :D

My village has 51 characters in its characterfile (as of todate, my real life home village has 356 inhabitants) and I want to keep it as low as possible, but on the other hand, I would like to attach a University, since my village has one, albeit 50 km to the east. I read your post saying that even dead sims have files and count as characters, so I don't even want to have those. I use the notownie/nodormie regeneration hacks and I like them very much indeed.

So, if you are working on some kind of mod that puts the character-count even lower than the noregeneration fix, I could still hold out hope that I can attach a University to my village at some point.

Other than that, I sure would like to see your game in action JM. I have the feeling it would be very interesting and highly captivating :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 25, 18:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask what experimental anti-spawn mods those are, or is it a secret? I'm only asking because I, as I said in some other thread, I have built a replica of my village using the deleteAll cheat, but unfortunately neglected to attach a University and do likewise there. I have the tendency to become dreadfully absent-minded when I'm not at work or at university Cheesy
It's aimed at drastically cutting down the spawning of SS townies, which are rather pernicious, even more aggressive than dormies in the right conditions.

My village has 51 characters in its characterfile (as of todate, my real life home village has 356 inhabitants) and I want to keep it as low as possible, but on the other hand, I would like to attach a University, since my village has one, albeit 50 km to the east. I read your post saying that even dead sims have files and count as characters, so I don't even want to have those. I use the notownie/nodormie regeneration hacks and I like them very much indeed.
Well, if you want to avoid the swarm of Uni characters, you can create your Uni, and then manually purge their files in SimPE before anyone has interacted with any of them, so there won't be relationships or memories to worry about. This is experimental, though.

However, dead dormies, in my case, aren't a waste per-se. You can't have a haunted dorm without ghosts, after all, and ghosts need files.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 25, 18:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you want to avoid the swarm of Uni characters, you can create your Uni, and then manually purge their files in SimPE before anyone has interacted with any of them, so there won't be relationships or memories to worry about. This is experimental, though.

Thank you JM, I'll try that. I just go into the SimBrowser and delete the characterfiles there right? Sigh... SimPe and I, we have communication problems, I talk, I yell, but it will not listen. Well off to try this, as soon as I make back-ups of the village and then back-ups of the back-ups.

However, dead dormies, in my case, aren't a waste per-se. You can't have a haunted dorm without ghosts, after all, and ghosts need files.

I see. What then is the function of sunglass-man? Is he there to point and laugh?

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 25, 18:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guy in the sunglasses is one of my sims. Who wisely stays *INSIDE* the hall, behind the Ghostbusters, after the ghosts come out, rather than hanging out back for no discernably sane reason.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 25, 19:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiousity Pescado, are you a Something Awful reader? It's just they have a section called "Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse".

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 25, 19:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a habitual reader, no. But I am familiar with that section, and it is the namesake.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 25, 22:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I'm going to try one of those haunted dorms.

I have found placing a gnome in front of a cow plant is real good fun: those annoying thieves that try and steal my malformed dwarf get eaten, as they should.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 25, 22:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I'm going to try one of those haunted dorms.

I have found placing a gnome in front of a cow plant is real good fun: those annoying thieves that try and steal my malformed dwarf get eaten, as they should.

Now that's a splendid idea. I've forgotten about the gnomes because I never use them, the thievery got on my nerves.
I will try it your way, sounds like fun.

G.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: