More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:16:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimCity Buildings as Neighborhood decorations for Sims 2??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimCity Buildings as Neighborhood decorations for Sims 2??  (Read 12192 times)
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
SimCity Buildings as Neighborhood decorations for Sims 2??
« on: 2008 June 30, 08:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if someone could actually just extract the meshes and their textures and make them neighborhood decorations for Sims.I think it would be immensely useful so that we can make more known vacation destinations for sims.
Feel free to make fun of me if what I suggested was way too retarded  Grin
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: SimCity Buildings as Neighborhood decorations for Sims 2??
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 30, 10:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take a look at some of the lots that Zazazu has done in her "The Buildings of SimCity4" series.  While all the lots are technically playable (rather than just being neighbourhood decoration), she doesn't recommend you play the municipal or decorative lots, unless you have a truly awesome computer.  The municipal and decorative lots are intended to be used as hood decoration.  The multi-family and single-family lots are designed to be playable as well as function as decoration in the neighbourhood.

* Municipal lots
These lots are meant to be decorative. They are facades only. All are zoned residential so they don't clog your taxi & walk-to menus. A couple (namedly the hospital and city college) are huge and will crawl like a drunken snail. The medical clinic, elementary school, and the police station, though, could definitely be played.

* Decorative lots.
This set contains decorative dwellings: apartment buildings which are probably too large to play well, but look great as part of the neighborhood

*Multi-family lots.

* Single Family lots

EDIT: to fix a typo
« Last Edit: 2008 June 30, 10:55:57 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 30, 10:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately SimCity4 doesn't have meshes for the buildings, it's just made of 2D sprites like Sims 1.   So they are only suitable for viewing in a game where you get 4 fixed viewing angles.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 30, 11:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what about SimCity societies?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 30, 11:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Societies meshing is even more inscrutable, given that despite trying to claim status as "most moddable Simcity", they've deliberately locked down meshing to make it impossible to do anything of the sort. Nothing can apparently read or edit them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 30, 14:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are also some SC4 lots done a bit after mine over at MTS2. I prefer mine, but I believe they require less EP. I'd do a search there as well.

I never bothered with SimCity Societies. It looks like all fluff and no substance, and apparently plays the same way.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 30, 22:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got societies to run in the first place. I was stupid and figured I'd patch it and then play it. Only the 3rd patch had updated Securom that objected to Daemon, and I couldn't find a no-cd that it would work with. It just repeatedly refused to run, and I refused to deal with it anymore.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: