More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:01:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  pets but no kids: nanny won't house sit for vacation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: pets but no kids: nanny won't house sit for vacation  (Read 5351 times)
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
pets but no kids: nanny won't house sit for vacation
« on: 2008 June 29, 01:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, make fun of me... due to long breaks from playing TS2, Bon Voyage is still fairly new to me and I'm still figuring it out.

When a family with pets but no kids tries to go on vacation, the game makes me hire a nanny to house sit. But when the nanny shows up the day of the vacation, she says, "Hey, there's no kids here! I'm sorry but I'm leaving." And then I get a message that says no one in the family can lead the vacation and it is canceled.

Is there some trick to making the nanny stay to pet-sit? Or can families with pets but no kids simply not go on vacation because EA is stupid? (The nanny requirement is stupid anyway, since the family are not actually gone from the home lot for any amount of time.) Has someone made a hack that simply eliminates the requirement for a house/pet sitter for vacations?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: pets but no kids: nanny won't house sit for vacation
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 29, 02:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I must have something that fixes that (or perhaps the BV patch does --- are you up-to-date on the patch), but I've not had a problem with the nanny staying around to house sit for a pet.

Are you waiting until the game says you need a nanny, or are you calling the nanny on your own?  I think I've only scheduled the nanny on my own ("come just this time"), and that may be the difference.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 29, 03:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This functionality is somewhere in the Undiscovered Shinies, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 29, 04:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no shiny to fix this issue but the nanny house-sitting the pets works for me.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 29, 05:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My last family just went on vacation without the pet. I wasn't aware I had to call a nanny.  Cheesy

The dog had jfade's perma feeder anyway, so I thought no more of it. Plus they were only gone about a sim hour.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 29, 14:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just temporarily move in another adult sim to house-sit.

My Sim Inge owns a large holiday home that she lets.  What I do is get her moved into the house using the teleporter, then her holiday home becomes available to the family who want to go on holiday.   After they have returned, Sim Inge finds own place, and the $20000 is the rental payment due to her lol.  She goes back to the Jones home with that under her belt.

If you don't want to cheat that badly, get the family to buy a statue for her to tuck into her inventory, and use the teleporter to move her back to her old home.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 29, 22:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sneaky, Inge - I like it!

I've only sent two families on holiday, and both had pets. Each time I called a nanny to pet-sit. Said nanny showed up, blew off the gig, and the vacation proceeded as scheduled with no interruption.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 02, 01:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I thought I was up to date on all patches (I definitely did install the FT patch re-release that just came out), but since I had taken a couple of long breaks, maybe I missed the BV patch. Checking that now.

Inge, I hadn't even thought of using a townie friend as a housesitter... and you'd think I would because I use them as roommates for struggling single Sims all the time! I will definitely try that next time. Thanks!
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 03, 02:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me too (the nanny saying that there are no kids in the household and leaving when I call for pet-sitting).  When she leaves, I just call her again and it's not a problem. 
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 03, 12:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same situation, but only for honeymoons.  I have to cancel the honeymoon and make it a regular vacation, then the nanny will sit. More simoleons, since the honeymoon cost 800 for the couple compared to 2000 for the couple during a regular vacation.  The only way I can combat this is having a wedding party or go to a community lot for the wedding.  Only thing when coming back, there is no nanny and the couple is out of 250 simoleons to hire one.  Cheesy

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: