More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 02:37:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Death by Financial Consulting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Death by Financial Consulting  (Read 8401 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Death by Financial Consulting
« on: 2008 June 25, 16:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This particular voluntary pastime hasn't *quite* killed one of my sims yet, but damn, they can get really close. One of my sims in particular is practically addicted to doling out Financial Consulting via the computer and, like some others, will sit there clicking away until on the very verge of fainting/starvation/peeing herself. Then her last shred of self-preservation will kick in, she'll flash the red and panicky "NEED FOOD NAO!" bubble... and then resume her Financial Consulting. For about 4 seconds. Then panic, stop, start again... looping several times before she finally cops a clue.

Is this one of those brilliant EA moves like the fun-less piano? Is she being promised fun or some other satisfaction that's not being delivered, motivating her to sit there for hours in the vain hope of her fun/pizza/shower miraculously arriving at long last? Or have my sims finally become suicidal?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Death by Financial Consulting
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 25, 22:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was a fix to this as I'm having the same issues as you, Liz. Even no autonomous computer mods don't seem to stop this annoyance. I'm torn between letting the morons die or putting computers into inventories, which isn't really much of a solution at all. I have decided not to let any future fortune sims unlock this particular aspiration panel from now on.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 25, 23:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this one of those brilliant EA moves like the fun-less piano? Is she being promised fun or some other satisfaction that's not being delivered, motivating her to sit there for hours in the vain hope of her fun/pizza/shower miraculously arriving at long last? Or have my sims finally become suicidal?
Well, given that there's no motive for financial consulting, it is almost certainly a case of false advertising, which is why sims respond that way. I will investigate this matter.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 25, 23:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have actually started to just get rid of computers in my sim's houses because of things like this.  I will see that they are giving the financial consulting and leave them to it, just to find them in the red a bit later because God forbid they actually worry about themselves then some stranger.  Same with all the musical instruments and the train set.  I am sure there are more, I just can't remember.  My sims have been very suicidal since FT.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 26, 00:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There do not appear to be any advertisements at all on Financial Consulting, which makes it a mystery why they EVER do it. More research is ongoing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 26, 05:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There do not appear to be any advertisements at all on Financial Consulting, which makes it a mystery why they EVER do it. More research is ongoing.

Wacky! I wonder if these led-around-by-their-objects sims somehow think they're playing SSX or L&P3, but since that's no-autonomous in my game they're accessing something else in their attempt? Just a thought. I'm so curious to know what makes them so insanely captivated by this option. Much appreciation for the ongoing research.

I've decided for now simply to let those sims without the sense to feed themselves starve to death. Or pee themselves. Or pass out. Or whatever other means they've chosen for their lamebrained suicide attempts. And I'm considering a policy of smiting for sims who spend 7 hours straight just sitting in the hot tub. It's time for some tough love. Or failing that, some merit-based wrath from above.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 26, 06:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd add the basketball hoop to the list of FT objects/activities that produce OCD behaviour in sims. When testing my latest house a heavily pregnant Cweiberdink would attempt to play basketball at any and all opportunities, rather than eat, sleep, pee, wash, rest etc. More annoying still is that the cancel basketball action doesn't kick in until the sim has walked outside to the practice court.

NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 26, 10:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to remove the computers from my Sim's houses because there is at least one sim in every household that will sit at the computer all the time giving financial consulting for hours on end.

Also because certain visiting Sims will make a bee line for the computer and hog it while others stand around nearby complaining that they can't get at it.

Very annoying.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 26, 11:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am starting to think that the only way to counterbalance the obsession of everything is with a larger, more obsessive "GREEN ME!" action that the sims will be absolutely fixated on using as often as possible, which locks itself out when the relevant task has been performed.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 26, 19:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am starting to think that the only way to counterbalance the obsession of everything is with a larger, more obsessive "GREEN ME!" action that the sims will be absolutely fixated on using as often as possible, which locks itself out when the relevant task has been performed.
You mean like: UberObject has maximum advertising for every motive, and the guardian functions test if a given motive is critical, then passes the sim onto something else, like the bathroom controller, to take care of that need?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 26, 19:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically. The action will then lock itself out, freeing a sim to pick normal actions, once greened. Otherwise the sim will obsessively pick that action, which actually WILL deliver what is advertised.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 27, 00:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds SHINY.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 29, 22:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the Financial Consulting benefit do exactly? I've not noticed any effects yet.

Are they gaining money from it? Is some other sim in the hood gaining money from it? Is it just a pointless animation? What?
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 29, 22:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the Financial Consulting benefit do exactly? I've not noticed any effects yet.

Are they gaining money from it? Is some other sim in the hood gaining money from it? Is it just a pointless animation? What?

That. Wink

Dive in!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 29, 22:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They earn money, a consulting fee, while doing it. So it's useful for finance sims who want to earn § while not working. Still, there's absolutely no reason for them to be so *compelled* to sit there hemorrhaging Needs for hours on end in the process.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 01, 21:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much stuff is pushed on the sim by controller objects these days, rather than their own autonomous choice.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 01, 21:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amen to that. So very bored of every single visitor (and ZOMGBFF!!!11one) practically knocking down the friends they came to visit because they mustwatchmovieNAO! Plus sims who previously would have been content to read a book or play chess can not *stop* with the moviewatching. The TV has become so bossy.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: