More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:22:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2009/01/09)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2009/01/09)  (Read 40916 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2009/01/09)
« on: 2008 June 25, 06:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even after the whole K&B fiasco, EAxis STILL failed to learn the lesson. Which was fully expected, of course. Anyone could have seen it miles away.

This mod will fix several IKEA Home Stuff objects that EAxis did not bother to update.

• Enables all missing FreeTime functions for IKEA TV and Bookcase.
  • Makes the decorative IKEA Alarm Clock fully usable.
  • Fixes the nonexistent TXMT of IKEA TV screen which broke the thumbnail picture.

List of objects fixed by this mod:

• EXPEDIT TV Storage Unit: All FreeTime functions (Tinker, Watch Movie), missing TV screen texture
  • BILLY Bookcase: All FreeTime functions (Study.../Parenting, Discuss, Custom Novel etc.)
  • IKEA PS Clock: All alarm clock functions, can be placed on coffee tables

There are two versions of this fix. Choose only ONE of them, depending on your latest EP.
If you use FT version for pre-FT games, you may experience crash or errors in IKEA objects.

• LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_FT.zip: If your latest EP is FreeTime
  • LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_PreFT.zip: For all pre-FT EPs (from Base Game up to Bon Voyage)

If you have either AL or M&G, use my Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life instead of this fix.

Notes:

In Buy Mode catalog, ctrl + right-click on the thumbnail of each IKEA TV recolor to regenerate the thumbnail picture.

File names were changed in v1.01, and "IKEA TV Screen Fix" is now incorporated into the main package.
Remove these files from your Downloads folder, Bins or StuffPack\Objects folder.

LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_FT.package
 zLdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_ClockOnly.package
 LdDarcy_SP8IKEATVScreenFix.package

Known issue:

I think EAxis deliberately disabled the pie menu of IKEA alarm clock, making it purely decorative. Mesh is too large, so Sim's hand will pass right through the clock in table heights. Perfect size for coffee table heights though.
This clock also lacks "broken state" mesh, so it will revert to the base game cheap alarm clock when it's broken.

DO NOT put this fix in your game before you actually install IKEA pack, otherwise your game will crash! (Thanks to cwykes for the information.)

Installation:

This fix comes in TWO parts. The installation location is different for each part.

LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_Downloads_XXXX.package  (XXXX means either FT or PreFT)

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

zLdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_Bins_XXXX.package

If you put this file in your Downloads folder, IKEA bookcase and alarm clock will bear annoying custom star, and the delete button in the catalog will be enabled.

Instead of Downloads folder, put it in the following location:
 (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game is not installed in C:\Program Files)

Patched FT:  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
 (You can make a subfolder under Bins folder and put the file there for better organizing.)

Pre-FT or Unpatched FT:  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects
 (Don't make a subfolder under StuffPack\Objects folder.)

DO NOT remove z- prefix in the filename. It is for ensuring that the fix is loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release. (2008/06/25)
 v1.01: Made IKEA clock fully usable. Elders can watch IKEA TV while lounging on the sofa. (2009/01/09)

* LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_FT.zip (6.8 KB - downloaded 970 times.)
* LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_PreFT.zip (3.25 KB - downloaded 609 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 09, 23:37:37 by Lord Darcy » Logged

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FreeTime Functions Enabled
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 25, 09:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Grin Thanks.

Oh, I almost forgot. Why does putting this in the downloads folder will make them bear the CC star while puttin your fix for the K&B doesn't? Huh
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FreeTime Functions Enabled
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 25, 11:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: An additional minor fix for IKEA TV screen was added in the first post. It fixes the nonexistent TXMT of IKEA TV screen which broke the thumbnail picture. Unlike FT objects fix, it can be placed in Downloads folder.
In Buy Mode catalog, ctrl + right-click on the thumbnail of IKEA TV to regenerate thumbnail picture.

Why does putting this in the downloads folder will make them bear the CC star while puttin your fix for the K&B doesn't? Huh

Unlike K&B fix, IKEA fix contains OBJDs for the bookcase and the alarm clock. If overrides for OBJDs are located in the Downloads folder, the game automatically assumes that they're custom objects. It's hardcoded in the game design, so there is no workaround.

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled + IKEA TV Screen Fix
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 25, 13:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy! Seeing how fast you make these fixes, it makes EA look more stupid for letting them through.

(BTW, I suppose the preorder tv is missing FT functions too? I guess you're gonna update that too in your topic about fixed preorder items, will be waiting for that! Smiley )

Dive in!
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled + IKEA TV Screen Fix
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 25, 13:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thanks for the explanation Cheesy Also, for the TV fix. I thought there's something wrong with my graphics card Tongue
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 25, 14:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix, never buy an SP til I know if you have one.  Wink

Oh yeah, about to get hit by the BBS kids soon, someone directed them to this link. Just letting you know...  Grin

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix (Missing FT Functions Enabled) + IKEA TV Screen Fix
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 25, 16:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy! Can you update the Benno TV pre-order bonus?
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix (Missing FT Functions Enabled) + IKEA TV Screen Fix
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 25, 16:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ It *is* available. Not saying this in a "it's here already, fix it fast!" kind of way, more like "yep, it *is* available, you might wanna go grab it". Grin

Dive in!
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix (Missing FT Functions Enabled) + IKEA TV Screen
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 25, 16:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LD, you are fast. Faster than the speed of light. Cheesy

The game is like just 1 day old. Shocked Shocked

Fantastic job. Just sad you're not gettin paid by EA.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 25, 17:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you update the Benno TV pre-order bonus?

I posted DIY updater package for TVs here. 2-tiled Floor TV will do.

Actually, meshes and textures for preorder objects are already included in the pack itself, because EAxis cut them loose at the last minute to use them as promos.  Angry Greedy bastards.

LD, you are fast. Faster than the speed of light. Cheesy

The game is like just 1 day old. Shocked Shocked

Well, I knew EAxis will surely break TV and bookcase, at least. And I already made FreeTime updater packages for various custom objects months ago. SP objects are no different than outdated custom objects. All I really had to do was making an override file with proper group. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 June 25, 17:34:15 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 25, 19:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy! I just updated the Benno Tv! Download here: Post
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 29, 00:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, a question: The Tv Screen fix doesn't work for the thumbnail of the current action too, is that normal? I mean, is it fixable?

Dive in!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 29, 01:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, a question: The Tv Screen fix doesn't work for the thumbnail of the current action too, is that normal? I mean, is it fixable?

Have you updated the main thumbnail by ctrl + right-clicking as well? The main thumbnail takes the recolor which was most recently updated by ctrl + right-clicking. If you update the thumbnail for the black recolor first, than white recolor, and update the main thumbnail, it will use the most recently updated white one.

Alternatively, you can delete DesignModeThumbnails.package and ObjectThumbnails.package (located in Thumbnails folder) altogether to start afresh. Though it will cause a lot of lags until the game regenerates thumbnails for every item in the catalog.

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 29, 01:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I think I wasn't clear. I meant the thumbnail on the upper left of the screen when a sim watches the tv.

I did refresh the catalog thumbnails and they were okay after that.

Dive in!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 29, 02:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I think I wasn't clear. I meant the thumbnail on the upper left of the screen when a sim watches the tv.

The queue icon uses the "main" thumbnail I mentioned, the one that appears in the buy mode catalog when you click TVs and Computers subcategory. So yes, if you update the "main" thumbnail, the queue icon on the upper left of the screen will be updated too.

Update: Changed the installation location of Pre-FT version of the fix. Also added z- prefix to the file name to override SPObjects.package in IKEA pack. Fix itself was not altered, you don't have to redownload. If your latest EP is only up to BV, move the fix to the new location and rename the file yourself to something like zLdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_ClockOnly.package.

This is only for Pre-FT version, FT version is not affected.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 09, 23:42:17 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 01, 10:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The queue icon uses the "main" thumbnail I mentioned, the one that appears in the buy mode catalog when you click TVs and Computers subcategory. So yes, if you update the "main" thumbnail, the queue icon on the upper left of the screen will be updated too.

Turns out I hadn't updated all the relevant thumbnails after all, thanks and sorry for being a pain if I was!

Dive in!
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: Ikea Bookshelves?
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 24, 13:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems my Ikea bookshelves are missing FT options. Is this fix available somewhere or am I stupid for asking?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 24, 14:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, that's what THIS fix (first message in this thread) is for -- making the IKEA stuff FT-compatible.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 24, 15:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ergo, I am stupid for asking.

Sorry about that; I say I had downloaded and installed this earlier, so when I was in game and the bookcase fix didn't show up, I was confuzzled. After a delete and fresh placement of the bookcase, new pie menu options showed up.
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 30, 14:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have questions i installed al, and after reading posts about others moving files from ft bin to al bin,  wondered do i need to move this fie or do i leav it where it is.  i have all packs and expansions.  also wondered if maybe al might have fixed this problem as it added more actions to bookcase.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2009/01/09)
« Reply #20 on: 2009 January 09, 15:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2009-01-09: Updated to v1.01. Made IKEA clock fully usable. Elders can watch IKEA TV while lounging on the sofa.

File names were changed, and "IKEA TV Screen Fix" is now incorporated into the main package.
Remove these files from your Downloads folder, Bins or StuffPack\Objects folder.

LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_FT.package
 zLdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_ClockOnly.package
 LdDarcy_SP8IKEATVScreenFix.package

Rewrote the installation guide to reflect the change.

This fix is only for pre-AL EPs. If you have either AL or M&G, use my Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life instead of this fix.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: