More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:26:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ikea
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ikea  (Read 14579 times)
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Ikea
« on: 2008 June 24, 23:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone installed it yet?  Any problems.  I have it downloading now.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Ikea
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 24, 23:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in all fairness, there's a reason for that.  If the objects were updated to work with the latest expansion, then they wouldn't work with earlier versions of the game.  Someone who doesn't have FreeTime can't use objects with FreeTime options as they would crash the game.   Undecided  However, it would be nice if the game included installation options to give people with the appropriate expansions the choice to use them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 24, 23:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dare I ask what the version bit for THIS version is?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 25, 00:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it install without having to use a new exe.  Does it just inject the items?
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 25, 00:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed from CD and haven't seen any issues other than the expected no FT options on the new items.  I'm hoping Lord Darcy will fix that soon.  I was hoping Eaxis would have learned, but I should have known better.

Also based on the outraged posts on the BBS forums it appears that you can not yet register the game with them to get your shiny icon for your Sim Page or your totally awesome game tip!

And the pages for the bonus items are comming back with 404 errors too.

Fun Times!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 25, 00:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't these things happen every time a new EP or SP is released? This really shouldn't surprise anyone.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 25, 00:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come everytime I download it and install it, and I pick English it installs with UK and then I have to fix it in the registry?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 25, 00:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come everytime I download it and install it, and I pick English it installs with UK and then I have to fix it in the registry?
Because real pirates use military time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 25, 01:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The arrrable version is almost always the UK multi-language one. European version comes out first.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 25, 01:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always just edit the autorun.cfg before installation, change the value of US English to 1 and UK English to 0. I always do that Wink
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 25, 02:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix is on the way. Fix is now available in the Peasantry. Beside the obligatory borkage for TV and bookcase, EAxis managed to fuck up the new alarm clock as well. No pie menu at all, making it completely useless. Roll Eyes

Well, in all fairness, there's a reason for that.  If the objects were updated to work with the latest expansion, then they wouldn't work with earlier versions of the game.  Someone who doesn't have FreeTime can't use objects with FreeTime options as they would crash the game.   Undecided

In most cases, it IS possible to enable newer EP functions without losing base game compatibility, if EAxis only cares enough. If CC creators can already do the same thing to their creations (like this fridge, compatible from base game all the way to every EP), EAxis has very little excuse to justify their laziness. And IKEA pack doesn't need to be base game compatible, it only needs to be Pets compatible, which rules out the crash issue with post-Pets TTAB format.

Dare I ask what the version bit for THIS version is?

EP flag in OBJDs is -32768.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 25, 12:25:47 by Lord Darcy » Logged

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 25, 02:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, cool.  I didn't know that was possible.

Eva Aisling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 25, 04:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Lord Darcy is commited! Thanks a lot for your dedication.

I haven't installed the FT patch yet, and I was wondering if the fixes are included in IKEA stuff. If not, should I install it before or after the patch?

More Awesome Than You - in bed
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 25, 04:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed the FT patch yet, and I was wondering if the fixes are included in IKEA stuff. If not, should I install it before or after the patch?

I would like to know that also.
I installed IKEA and it said "checking to see if the sims 2 is updated" and then it went ahead and said it was.  I didn't install either of the FT patches.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 25, 08:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed IKEA and it said "checking to see if the sims 2 is updated" and then it went ahead and said it was.  I didn't install either of the FT patches.

That's par for the course. It never installs patches or updates your game. No idea what it's actually doing, but it feels like an excuse for it to phone home for no good reason.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 25, 09:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange, it did patch my Pets and Seasons despite they're already patched with TSS (or maybe the other SPs, can't remember.) Tongue
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 25, 12:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix is now available in the Peasantry.

IKEA pack doesn't contain FT patch. Installation order doesn't matter at all.
It may check several older EPs like Pets or Seasons, but it definitely does not check if FT is up to date. Which is a good thing, as it doesn't force Securom-infected FT patch on me.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 25, 12:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, crystalclear, I've never heard of the "up to date?" bit ever actually updating someone's game. First for everything.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 25, 13:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy This is the second or maybe the third pack that insists on patching my earlier packs.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 25, 15:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix is now available in the Peasantry.

IKEA pack doesn't contain FT patch. Installation order doesn't matter at all.
It may check several older EPs like Pets or Seasons, but it definitely does not check if FT is up to date. Which is a good thing, as it doesn't force Securom-infected FT patch on me.

Speaking of which, is there a Securom-free version of the patch? Or is it clean as long as you put in the new crack right away?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 June 25, 15:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, is there a Securom-free version of the patch?

No. Every patch since BV contains Securom.

Or is it clean as long as you put in the new crack right away?

Yes. If you get FT patch 1 from here and use correct version of NoCD, you'll be fine.

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 June 25, 16:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found 2 hack problems so far, but I have not extensively tested...I have all expansions and all stuff packs.  I do have securom, but I don't use this computer for anything but sims..so meh never removed it.

1. My sims could not use the telephone, so I removed the phonehack from here and they could then call.

2. Using the lot debugger I can no longer upgrade my sims to university.

Both of those things worked minutes before I installed it.

That's all I have found.  I like the objects a lot, I can't wait for recolors.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 June 25, 16:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is a good thing, as it doesn't force Securom-infected FT patch on me.

Does the sp have the newer version of securom?  That's the only thing that's has stopped me from downloading the FT patch...not because of securom itself (I've not had any problems so far) but because of all the trouble it was causing.  If IKEA has it then I suppose I could just go ahead and install the patch.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 June 25, 18:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IKEA has it, but if you have FT, you won't run from the IKEA .exe -- you'll still run from the FT .exe.

Oh, and I can confirm the problems with the lot debugger and phone hack -- IKEA borks both.  Haven't seen anything else it's bothered yet, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 June 26, 01:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone included the bonus objects for download anywhere?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: