More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:12:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unchangeable Eyes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unchangeable Eyes?  (Read 3105 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Unchangeable Eyes?
« on: 2008 June 19, 20:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I currently have a family of sims that for some inexplicable reason is stuck with fugly brown Maxis eyes, no matter what I do. I recently put in a great set of default eyes and skintones and the changes have shown up on every other sim with Maxis genetics. But it just won't show up on this family. I made them all in CAS way back when. Two of them originally had green eyes (before adding new defaults).

I've tried changing their eyes with SimSurgery, and then manually editing the simDNA of the sims. Each time, the changes will show up, but all the makeup on the sims will have disappeared and their eyebrows will have turned blonde. Then, when I direct them to change appearance, they revert back to their original makeup and eyebrows, but with fugly Maxis eyes again. Any ideas on what's going on?

I'd nuke this family but I've actually played them quite a lot so they've intermarried into a lot of my important families, and I really don't want to let them go.

Edit: The problem is also showing up on another sim I made in CAS around the same time. His daughter, who was born ingame, also has the same issue. The mother, Brandi Broke, is showing the new defaults just fine. Maybe it's just cuz these particular sims are really really old. (I've been playing them sporadically since Uni.) Does anyone know if this issue is resolvable? I rather like these sims and I don't want to have to kill them all...
« Last Edit: 2008 June 19, 20:40:21 by idtaminger » Logged
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Unchangeable Eyes?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 19, 21:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were their original eyes custom (way back when you made them in CAS)? When changing genetic eye color, you have to change it both in the SimDNA and the character file age data for the change to stick. I've never tried it with SimSurgery, but I've had success using the SimDNA/age data method.

Here is a related thread with more detailed information.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 19, 23:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. I knew I was missing something. Thanks!  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 20, 04:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom eyes: A very very BAD thing. Avoid them! Use default replacements instead!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: