More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:02:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The new version of Securom demonstrates just how borked it is (Mass Effect)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The new version of Securom demonstrates just how borked it is (Mass Effect)  (Read 15589 times)
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The new version of Securom demonstrates just how borked it is (Mass Effect)
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 17, 18:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He doesn't blame EA totally, just the specific people who program TS2. I've tried to tell him he's wrong and that all EA games will have that program, but he doesn't believe me. And the funny thing is, he's the one who's really good with computers. He built my PC from scratch (I bought all the parts, but it was much cheaper than buying a new PC) as well as his and he's the one who installs any upgrades I get for my computer. He's always comparing TS2 to Guild Wars (he plays it all the time) and pointing out how the game had very little bugs when it came out and if a bug is found, it's fixed within a day. He sees the huge amount of bugs in TS2 and how long they take to fix them, and because of that, he thinks the Sims team is just really, really bad at programming. But I think since the games are completely different, you can't really compare them.

Just 2 videos about Securom: Roll Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLbIKahzN_E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-uulRB1OmY
Search youTube and you'll find more. And google.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 17, 18:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always suggest he check out the wikipedia article on SecuROM.

Not bad advice, raattgift.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 17, 19:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guild wars is in no way comparable to Sims 2. I play both on occasion. Guild wars is an MMO, most MMOs catch and fix bugs rather quickly, even WoW and EQ2. The main differance that I really see, is that an MMO with bugs causes more outcry then a personal game and requires attention very quickly, or else your fan base may just move on to another MMO and pass on the word. During game play you can submit bug reports and it logs exactly where you were, thus the MMOs receive more specific and detailed info on what to look for. To top it off. GuildWars was in beta for months. My ex was in on the beta. We know that EA is too crap to have bothered beta testing. That gypsy bug was something that should have never sneaked through, and how could they have beta tested for months when there is very little time between release?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Azaya
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 18, 00:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, having been a long-time player of Guild Wars, I can say that there's a few bugs that have slipped through the cracks and not been fixed at all, or have taken months to be fixed. Some of them are beneficial, and people exploit them, but some are genuinely irritating and have been pointed out to the company, and still have not been fixed.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 18, 02:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims franchise seriously suffers from the lack of competition. Sims is almost its own genre per se, with virtually no competitors in the market. So EAxis can afford to be easy and lazy, unlike MMO developers who face fierce competition.

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 June 23, 11:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why it's a good idea to wait for hacks (and hack updates), bug fixes, patches, etcetera, before even BUYING the game (unless you arrr, of course). I won't even consider a new EP or SP until said fixes are released. It's unfortunate, but it has to be done.

Have you installed FT yet? I'm asking because this is exactly how I feel. My daughter is kind of making noises at me to go ahead and install it but I've been putting it off. (Lazy, don't want to deal with more bugs/patches, updating hacks...)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 June 24, 08:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. I'm waiting until a no-CD crack is available for the second patch.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: