More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:36:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing Sim height or eye color in game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing Sim height or eye color in game  (Read 4718 times)
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Changing Sim height or eye color in game
« on: 2008 June 14, 17:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone, this is my first post.  It seems there's no "Introductions" area, rather you just dive in and people make fun of you for being non-awesome.  Which is fine with me.  Wink

It seems there are various cheats and hacked items to change almost everything about pre-made Sims in-game, except for the two things I mentioned.  I believe that eye color can be changed with SimPE, and I already know about using SimPE with the stretchskeleton factor to change a Sim's height permanently.  What I'm wondering is whether it's even possible to make a hacked object that would do either of these things in-game.

I've never found such an object, and I sure don't know everything but I've been around a little bit, so I'm guessing that the answer is "no."  Since I cannot believe that I'm the first to think of these things.  If it's possible in principle, though, I might give it a try, though I'd no doubt have to get past the learning curve.  I guess what I'm wondering is whether anyone knows whether it can be done, or even whether there is something that makes it impossible even in principle.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to be half as awesome as the rest of you someday.  Smiley
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Changing Sim height or eye color in game
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 18, 17:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inSIMenator (yes, non-awesome, I know but I didn't have an example from here) does most of the things that the testing cheats do, so it doesn't seem completely far-fetched that an object could be made to do stretchSkeleton. Eye color... That I'm not so sure about.

But I'm no modder. The inner workings of the game confuse me. XD
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 18, 17:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps the plastic surgery machine could be hacked to allow such things.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 18, 22:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ms barrows has a tut on t$r for changing eye color that works.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 19, 06:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the height stick that way, or will it revert back to average height the next time you load the lot?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Mirablu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 19, 07:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It reverts, but I believe there's a tutorial on MTS2 that explains how you can make the effects permanent.
It requires a little fiddling around with SimPE, but nothing extreme if memory serves.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132248

I've never used it, so I can't vouch for its efficacy, but there it is. (And here is a little stretchskeleton calculator. Maybe it'll come in handy.)
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 19, 11:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It reverts, but I believe there's a tutorial on MTS2 that explains how you can make the effects permanent.
It requires a little fiddling around with SimPE, but nothing extreme if memory serves.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132248

I've never used it, so I can't vouch for its efficacy, but there it is. (And here is a little stretchskeleton calculator. Maybe it'll come in handy.)

Before everyone runs off to permanently stretch skeletons, I've read tales in earlier EPS, at least, of people stretching skeletons in SimsPE and then not being able to access that neighbourhood again via SimPE. Take a backup first.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 19, 11:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the delay, I only just noticed that this thread had responses.  Thanks for the help!  Smiley

I have been able to change Sims' heights in SimPE, though I have never tried the stretchskeleton thing in-game.  After using SimPE, the height changes are permanent (at least until the Sim age-transitions) and load correctly each time.  The few times I've used this method, though it has only been with YAs and adults, I've been very pleased with the results.  I would do this to all my Sims, except that it is kind of tedious.

I will check the other link regarding changing eye color.  That was more out of curiosity than anything else.  But from what I'm hearing here, it seems at least no one so far knows of any reason that either of these things should  be impossible in principle.

Thanks again! Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: