More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:40:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will using the v1.1 crack for Free time..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will using the v1.1 crack for Free time..  (Read 11157 times)
Lord Vader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Will using the v1.1 crack for Free time..
« on: 2008 June 14, 04:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with the 1.2 version of the game mess anything up? The crack for 1.2 isn't out and I can't just stop playing the game until that crack is released (because i don't want securom on my comp) so will anything get messed up? I already played the game twice and it worked fine. I didn't notice anything wrong at all.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Will using the v1.1 crack for Free time..
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 14, 06:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely could mess it up, but no one can really give you a straight yes or no answer. Everyone's game has the potential to react differently. You are taking a risk running the Unholy Hybrid. It might seem as though it runs fine, but you don't know what's going on beneath the surface.

altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 14, 07:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an FYI, I tried the Unholy Hybrid, using the v.1.1 crack.  I noticed the needs were declining at a much more reasonable rate (even with all the FT points assigned), the game loaded much faster, and the wants became a bit more diverse (lordy, do you always have to blog about Sports?).  I didn't notice if you couldn't call certain NPC's, as someone mentioned in another thread, because I was playing a college lot...no maids or gardeners.  But no crashes, no ridiculous spawning of NPCs, nothing game-shattering, as far as my neophyte mind could tell.

However, when my sim was talking to a dormie on a community lot, low and behold, a duplicate of this dormie came strolling onto the lot.  So, I had two Magnus whats-his-face at the Student Union.  When I looked in SimPE, there was only one of them there, but it was enough for me to say "Forget it" and uninstall the whole thing.  Even with all the hacks and conflicts and everything I've done to my game, I've never seen a clone just pop out of the portal like that.   It seems it would be bad.

I have no idea if one has to do with the other, but still, eh, I'll wait for the updated crack.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 15, 03:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, finally someone comes forward with concrete information!  Muchas gracias.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Lord Vader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 15, 08:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

altered when you say that the need levels were dropping fast, how fast do you mean? I wanna know how fast I should look out for.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 15, 11:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Needs were initially visibly dropping even in speed 1, no need to have the little red arrows to tell you.

More F than you
altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 15, 12:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's kinda hard to quantify, how fast their needs were dropping.  I wasn't super scientific with it...it had more to do with how boring they got, lol.  But, I'll tell you what it meant for me.

When I had the first patch and the v1.1 crack, if my Sim had earned all 16 LTA points, and I had selected them all, my sims could go a couple of days before I'd need to refresh a need (get them to eat, potty breaks, sleeping).  And when I say "need to refresh", I mean the need would be at 50%, not even close to the red.  The game became very boring, very quickly, and I reset the LTA points on my sims, and didn't reselect the slower need decay benefits.

With the Unholy Hybrid, with all 16 points assigned, their needs would get to 50% towards the end of the day, it seemed (not including exercise that would drop hygiene and energy faster).  Basically, my sims had the option to actually sleep in their bed at the end of the day, instead of just relax on the bed.  But they also weren't way in the red on energy at the end of the day, which my sims are now, with FT uninstalled.  So, there was still a benefit with the Slower Needs points selected, but not so much that they were practically invincible. 

LOL, TashaFaun.  I read all the reasons here on MATY about why it would be bad.  I was just impatient.  So, I shrugged my shoulders and said "Eh, why not?"  I backed up the neighborhood prior to running it, so I figured it was no skin off my back to play it that way for a couple of hours.  I think FT was more fun with the second patch installed, but since I don't want SecuROM, I'd rather just wait for the second crack, and forgo the whole thing.

Edited to fix typo.
Lord Vader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 15, 18:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's LTA?
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 15, 18:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking life time aspiration points. You know, that new feature with freetime that allows less decay and soup that cures sickness.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 15, 19:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Close, the last part of what you described is actually the Aspiration Perks.

Dive in!
altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 16, 16:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's what I meant, Kazzandra.  The points you accumulate in FT for hitting milestones (the 3 toddler skills, first kiss, marriage, etc), that you can use to assign a 2nd aspiration and the other perks.  Actually, I'm not even sure where I got LTA.  Anyways, it was bad enough getting Perma-Plat sims who just began college, but then adding the Slower Need-Decay on top of it made them boring as hell.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 16, 20:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not convinced that the duplicate sim thing is a result of the unholy hybrid.  I've never run a "hybrid" game, but have had duplicate appearances of characters at uni (without having duplicate character files).  It may be a random unrelated glitch.

Tribulatio proxima est
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 16, 20:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not convinced that the duplicate sim thing is a result of the unholy hybrid.  I've never run a "hybrid" game, but have had duplicate appearances of characters at uni (without having duplicate character files).  It may be a random unrelated glitch.
I'm not running an unholy hybrid either and had a Secret Society member duplicate on a community lot just last night. Kinda freaked me out for a minute because my neighborhood is pretty new and I didn't think I had done any BFBVFS inducing stuff, but I feel much better after reading this.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 19, 18:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, when my sim was talking to a dormie on a community lot, low and behold, a duplicate of this dormie came strolling onto the lot.  So, I had two Magnus whats-his-face at the Student Union.  When I looked in SimPE, there was only one of them there, but it was enough for me to say "Forget it" and uninstall the whole thing.  Even with all the hacks and conflicts and everything I've done to my game, I've never seen a clone just pop out of the portal like that.   It seems it would be bad.

Except that duplication of students on community lots has been around since University.  I'm not sure you can say that's conclusive for problems running the unholy hybrid.

Inteen for AL, yay!
altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 20, 10:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My clone was a Secret Society dude, too.  So hey, maybe not a Unholy Hybrid issue?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 21, 13:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, would those who have tried it consider the most recent patch safe, and does it address the most critical issues with Free Time? I have yet to get FT, and I'm wondering if the patch has made it more, ah, installable.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 21, 14:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, would those who have tried it consider the most recent patch safe, and does it address the most critical issues with Free Time? I have yet to get FT, and I'm wondering if the patch has made it more, ah, installable.

I"ve been running FT since it first came out, and play with the first patch installed and awesome hacks to clear up annoyances.  I have not experienced any remarkable borkages or problems.  As far as I'm concerned, it's playable and installable.

Tribulatio proxima est
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 24, 01:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I"ve been running FT since it first came out, and play with the first patch installed and awesome hacks to clear up annoyances.  I have not experienced any remarkable borkages or problems.  As far as I'm concerned, it's playable and installable.

Same here.  I've downloaded the 2nd patch, but I ain't touching it until there is a No CD fix for it, or when a No CD fix comes out for Apartment Life.  And for the first time, I will not be buying an EP/SP on the first day of release, which means Ikea Stuff can remain on the shelf.  I'll get it later.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 24, 13:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.  I've downloaded the 2nd patch, but I ain't touching it until there is a No CD fix for it, or when a No CD fix comes out for Apartment Life.  And for the first time, I will not be buying an EP/SP on the first day of release, which means Ikea Stuff can remain on the shelf.  I'll get it later.

You know you don't need a crack for stuff packs right? So it won't make a difference when/if you buy Ikea stuff.
You will need cracked SP .exes, if the game runs from the SP .exe instead of your last EP.

Plus, ARRR. If you don't want to ARRR, just wait a week or two until they go on sale. I haven't bought a full-priced EP/SP since OFB.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 24, 13:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone installs K&B but their latest EP was OFB, for example, they're probably going to have to run the game from the K&B .exe. It's not an issue when you're keeping up with expansions, because those of us with FT still use the FT .exe even though K&B was released later. But it is an issue for players who pick and choose their EPs/SPs.

That's why H&M's SecuROM went unnoticed for a while... we all kept using the previous EP .exe, and so we weren't infected.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: