More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:01:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game will not load
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game will not load  (Read 3999 times)
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game will not load
« on: 2008 June 13, 18:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure where to put this, here is the issue once again after about 2 weeks the game just will not load up so I can play it.  Two weeks ago I had to uninstall and reinstall it just have it work again.  The launcher loads up I click play then nothing, no error no loading of game nothing.  The drive and computer are working lights blinking, the loading screen never comes up.

Its not the custom content, does this with or without it.  Its not the Ram to which I have 2 gigs.  It's not my system because I have a Gamer Computer with a high end graphics card 256 ram on it.  I have no lag in the game at all when it plays.  Once and while it will freeze for a sec when going to work or school and comming home.  Yes I turned off AVG before doing this just in case that was the issue.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you fix it?  If there is other info you need let me know for I really do not want to have to uninstall yet again!
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Game will not load
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 13, 19:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try launching the game from the 'Sims2EPx.exe' instead of through the launcher. Also, if you haven't already, delete the cache files. Not sure if you deleted your userdata when you reinstalled or not.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 13, 19:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before I reinstall I do clean up of the system including the registery.  I will try the other way vs the launcher and see if that works. One question where do I find that exe file? 
« Last Edit: 2008 June 13, 19:50:41 by Zaleth » Logged
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 13, 21:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The exe resides in (...)Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 your latest EP\TSBin

BTW, any chance you got Securom?

Dive in!
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 14, 03:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, I'll bet anything that Groups.cache ate itself. That file breaks constantly. Just go into your The Sims 2 folder and delete it, then try starting the game. Since installing Freetime patch 1 I have to delete it almost every other time I start TS2.  Roll Eyes

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 14, 04:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Freetime patch 1 I have to delete it almost every other time I start TS2.  Roll Eyes

Heh! I though it was just me!
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 14, 13:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep I deleted the Cache files and it open up and let me play, Thank you guys so much because that is annoying big time!  It was bad enough when I played Sims 1 and couldn't get the expansions to run because of the cant read disk errors.  In fact the last 3 expansions on sims1 I have and never got to play.
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 28, 11:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BLARGH!
This sounds familiar.
Last night I was reinstalling it, again, and got a little too casual about the whole damn thing. Forgot to take out my collections, downloads and neighborhoods. While I'm not as fussed about the hoods, 'cause they were on their way to 'Splodey-ville, anyway (a slow road, but headed right for there) I lost a bunch of recent acquisitions and just made collections. Woe the dial-up recovery of goodness and damn the damaged header file..  Angry
At least I'm not alone in my strife and I know that there is a better way. Yay!  Wink

What is the lesson?
  • Check the boards for awesome answers to asinine airheadedness, before making it worse and compounding the evil. 
  • Back up anything you care about. Often.
  • Don't swim in the deep end fueled on caffeine and irritation.
  • Avoid living anywhere that delivers paper mail faster than electronic mail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: