More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:50:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Daily Gardener and "Walk To"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Daily Gardener and "Walk To"  (Read 9024 times)
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Daily Gardener and "Walk To"
« on: 2008 June 12, 17:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I really did a search on both these topics.  Go easy on me if I failed to find the appropriate threads.  I did try.

I recently added "daily gardener" to my list of hacks.  I played a lot for 4 days and never once saw the gardener.  Ever.  The lot looked like a jungle.  Took it out and the gardener shows up every third day as per normal.  I really need a daily gardener.  Do I need to perform some sort of "reset" when installing this hack?  Do I need to summon the gardener and force an error?  I do not have any hacks that would conflict.  I do, however, have a great deal of CC of the garden variety.  I am patched to BV, and have FT installed (no patch).

Also, my "walk-to" is borkinated on my vacation lots.  Oh sims can "walk-to" a community lot just fine, when coming back, however, I am automagically thrown out of live mode with no way of getting back in.  The lot goes to triple speed...I can not control anything.  The only thing I can do is exit to neighborhood without saving, and lose all progress.  Other people have mentioned that they have had the same thing happen to them.  But, no one seems to know what to do about it.  This has been happening since BV, obviously.

Edit:
I have performed hack conflict searches.  All hacks are up-to-date, no conflicts detected.  Will see if an error is generated with "walk-to", as I know it is customary to post a log.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 12, 18:43:47 by snowbawl » Logged
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Daily Gardener and "Walk To"
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 12, 18:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, my "walk-to" is borkinated on my vacation lots.  Oh sims can "walk-to" a community lot just fine, when coming back, however, I am automagically thrown out of live mode with no way of getting back in.

Weren't the "Walk To" problems caused by an outdated Visitor Controller from TJ or something along those lines? Have you checked his new site to make sure all of his hacks are updated (if you have any)?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 12, 18:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I read through the thread...and apologies for not stating this from the start, but I have no conflicting mods, and all mods are up-to-date for Freetime.  The only TJ mods I have are the college adjuster and preggers for all, both of which are current.  Other hacks are InSIMenator 2.8, and SimWardrobe hacks which are all current.  Everything else is current AwesomeSauce.
I am going to fire up 'ol Bessie (the game) and see if I can't get an error log.
Oh, and this is not the same exact problem as in the previous thread.  Just involves the same feature.
cathybb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 12, 20:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the "daily gardener" to work, I had to fire the gardener and rehire.   I noticed it worked on newly moved in lots so I fired the ones on existing lots and rehired and now it works.

I often have bugs with many things like "walk to" , "talk to plants" , "call guests to dinner".  These are intermittant.  If I get the sim to leave the house in the car and go downtown, it seems to "fix" it upon returning.  I think these are EAxis problems with the multiple ep's.  I also run the mod conflict detector and have none.  I noticed on the bbs at the Sims2 site, many people are having these same issues.  Most say they have no downloads. 
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 12, 21:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought of firing the gardener and rehiring for "daily gardener" to work...unfortunately he/she never showed up.  Perhaps I can summon them and do it that way.

On the "walk to" issue, everything is hunky-dory this time around.  Could not duplicate the problem.  The only difference, I did NOT use the InSIMenator, though I would think if there were a problem/conflict with this hack/mod and the "walk-to" feature, it would be very well known.  Also, I removed a few out-dated stand-alone hacked objects.  Some affected skills, some affected aspiration levels, some affected motives (ran clean installer to find them, as they were so old, they were hidden in the obscene amount of f53d341aa34e...blah, blah package files I have, before the days of subfolders and anal-retentiveness).  I would not have thought a stand-alone object would conflict, unless it was actually placed in lot and/or used by sim.
Unfortunately, I did not systematically remove these one by one, as it takes too long for me to load/exit the game.  But to Elfpuddle and LTM, and anyone else out there that may have been having this problem...take a good, long and hard look at any hacked objects, even if they are not popping up on hack conflict searches.
Of course, my game may be possessed by rambunctious and disorderly imps.  If it happens again, I will be back to tell about it.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 13, 05:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuke 'sim schedules' on the lot debugger, snowbawl, then rehire the gardener. You'll also have to rehire the maid and nanny if you use them on-lot. Smiley

I use Perfect Plants by TJ as I can't be arsed with the gardener. One hasn't even been generated in my game yet Cheesy I only use them if my sims have huge harvestable gardens and no servo/kids.

Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 13, 06:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a gardener not show up just recently. I looked at the Lot Debugger and clicked "fix work state" for every Sim it applied to in the household and then he suddenly pulled up. He was late but that was better than him not showing up at all.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 13, 06:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuke 'sim schedules' on the lot debugger, snowbawl, then rehire the gardener. You'll also have to rehire the maid and nanny if you use them on-lot. Smiley

So that is what that does.  I have always been afraid to use that feature of the debugger.  I think the word "nuke" puts me off.  Cheesy
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 13, 06:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

Nuke everything!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »