More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:12:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone take the lastest survey on the Sims 2 web page?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone take the lastest survey on the Sims 2 web page?  (Read 16183 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: Anyone take the lastest survey on the Sims 2 web page?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 12, 19:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much will I pay? Not a damn thing.

IF they remove SecuROM and IF my laptop can run it and IF it doesn't look like Epic Fail, I MIGHT acquire a copy of Sims 3, but it isn't looking good.

As it is, I won't pay for anything with SecuROM attached to it.

I won't pay for SPs that have crappier content than I can find for free.

Will EA pay things end up in the booty? No. That's not the point of the booty. If they change the EULA and allow other folks to legally make money off of their products, that's their own footbullet.

As it is, I haven't--and won't--buy any EA products since BV, and haven't installed or PLAYED anything since Seasons. BV is still in the box, marinating there with SecuROM cooties all over it. Too bad I opened it before I found out.

It isn't even a matter of not being ABLE to pay for it. I could. I just refuse to be pickpocketed in order to get things that should be available as part of the game.

It would also be really swell if they could release a game that doesn't need a huge patch to cover up gross coding deficiencies that should have been beta-tested and corrected prior to launch.

EA: DOING IT WRONG.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 12, 19:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2host, or whatever it was called, tried this a year or two back. I did subscribe just the once. It adds up surprisingly quickly even with a minimal price per item. The was a collaboration of a few sites so there was a bit of variety, but over all not something I'm willing to do again.

Sims 3 is sounding remarkably like the sim city societies version of the sims. The dumbed down version of the sims where you only have the control of the sims EAxis says you can have.

Maxis used to give us a freebie once a week, once upon a time; it's sad to see that EAxis corporate greed has so far eroded the goodwill built from that time.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 12, 21:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are trying to use a MMORPG payment model for a non-MMORPG, not understanding that the point of special decorative-only pay items for MMORPGs is for the player's epeen. There is no epeen involved in the Sims, unless you have Crammyboy's peen.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 12, 21:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are trying to use a MMORPG payment model for a non-MMORPG, not understanding that the point of special decorative-only pay items for MMORPGs is for the player's epeen. There is no epeen involved in the Sims, unless you have Crammyboy's peen.

That's unfortunately what happens when your average bloke redesigns a game predominately played by women. It basically reverts to virtual willy-waving and cries of "Hey, look at mine! It's bigger, better and comes in more colours than yours." It's the lack of epeen that makes TS2 appeal outside the 'normal' gaming demographic.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 13, 07:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this sounds great.  Instead of torrenting shit packs for the sake of one or two items I like, I can torrent just the few things I want.   Cheesy

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 June 18, 20:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several questions on the survey were related to payment for their crap. Some of the options were buying points online via credit card or through PayPal, or by purchasing a points card in a game shop. I wish I could say I'm surprised EAxis wants to milk the content cash cow even further by considering doing this but I'm not. I'm just thoroughly disgusted. $0.50 for a wallpaper or a rug? Fuck off!

You know, I was just about to post that exact same comment.  Saves me the effort, I suppose. 

I am getting more and more depressed - Securom, screwing me over for itty crappy bits of game content.  I really want it to stop but the bastards bought Bioware too who make my other favourite game.  There's a new NWN2 EP out later this year.  I could live without sims but my favourite RPG?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 June 20, 17:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis used to give us a freebie once a week, once upon a time; it's sad to see that EAxis corporate greed has so far eroded the goodwill built from that time.

I find it really sad that we should look back on that as how it should be... Maxis used to update most weeks... usually on the day they said... their freebies were usually information or pictures... the item downloads were few and far between and then included in the next EP anyway.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 June 20, 21:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it really sad that we should look back on that as how it should be... Maxis used to update most weeks... usually on the day they said... their freebies were usually information or pictures... the item downloads were few and far between and then included in the next EP anyway.

Further back than that they used to give us freebies about once a week. Tuesday or Thursday, I think. I'm going back to early Sims 1 days.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 June 21, 00:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was too... I had Sims 1 before they released the first EP... In any case I don't argue that it was better, I just wish people would stop using those few things as their excuse as to why they don't buy SPs. Sure there are good reasons, but Maxis giving us a few things free is not on the same page as people whining that the SPs, which any/all have more in them than was ever released "extra" for the first game, cost money.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 June 22, 17:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I refuse to buy SPs on principle. I've never even ARRed them b/c the idea of them disgusted me. It was a telling sign of what was to come. And I guess I was right.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: