More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:52:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Taxi charges money
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Taxi charges money  (Read 19598 times)
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
Taxi charges money
« on: 2008 June 11, 14:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Compatibility: FreeTime
* Modifications: Semi-Global (affects all taxi cabs and all phones)
* Hack Version#: 1.0

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
Riding a taxi will now cost you 5 Simoleons for each trip you take.

Effects
~~~~~~~
Without a hack, the game does not charge you for riding a taxi. 
Since it is way too easy to become a wealthy Sim due to non-challenging gameplay, this hack helps to make the game more realistic.

It charges you 5 Simoleons each time you attempt to call a taxi on the phone. 
It works for any phones, including cell phones.  In the Phone Menu, you can use any of the following 4 options:

- "Call Taxi"
- anything in the "Transportation" menu
- "Ask Out on Date" (only when choosing Community Lot with Taxi)
- "Another Lot" when you are already on a Community Lot

If you do not have enough funds to ride the taxi, then you will get a message saying that you are too poor to use a taxi and the phone will be hung up.  The trip home is free, so you should have no problems getting back home.

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* df_taxi_charges_money.rar (43.52 KB - downloaded 664 times.)
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Taxi charges money
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 11, 17:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, this is great. Can it be made more expensive, though? 5 Simoleons seems like a little too cheap.

INEPT INTP
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 11, 17:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't it fifty in the Sims 1? And you STILL had to pay when you went home?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 11, 17:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopping a cab downtown here would cost me at least 25 with tip. Fifty sounds reasonable in sim economy.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 11, 17:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially since there are so many ways to make money on a community lot that it doesn't make a huge difference if the simmy is broke. They can always bartend or DJ for a few hours to make enough money to go home.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 11, 18:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice idea!  I'd make it more expensive though, and also make it so that walking does in the motives significantly more than taking the taxi.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 12, 00:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there are instructions in the readme on how to increase the amount of money it charges.
I just didn't want the default amount to be too high because it might too hard for new CAS Sims who are just starting out without any job. They might not even enough money to buy a toilet or shower yet, so they may ride the taxi to use the shower at a Gym lot.

I agree that there should be a greater motives drop for walking to a lot. Imaging walking or running 5 miles to get to a museum downtown.  You'll probably be out of energy and even a little stinky.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 13, 13:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice idea!  I'd make it more expensive though, and also make it so that walking does in the motives significantly more than taking the taxi.

I agree that there should be a greater motives drop for walking to a lot. Imaging walking or running 5 miles to get to a museum downtown.  You'll probably be out of energy and even a little stinky.

From my casual observations, walking actually gives a boost to energy & fun, at the very least. They do say that exercising increases energy, but I thought that was more like developing a slower-decay energy motive (if humans were sims). My feeling is that when walking to a lot, hygiene should drop, energy should drop except for fit sims, and lazy sims should get a drop in fun. "You want me to walk?"

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 13, 13:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there are instructions in the readme on how to increase the amount of money it charges.
I just didn't want the default amount to be too high because it might too hard for new CAS Sims who are just starting out without any job. They might not even enough money to buy a toilet or shower yet, so they may ride the taxi to use the shower at a Gym lot.

Yes, but if they're too broke for the cab home, either they're too broke to be going out in the first place, or they can hoof it there & back.

Call this another vote for the 50 buck cab fare.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 13, 14:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Hecubus votes yea for §50 cab fare

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 13, 17:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dumbfool

too bad seem incompatible with Community Time Project of crammyboy, when send a student to community lot in taxi or car ( i use your both hack ) the sims get stuck and cant go home.
i like your hack but a like more crammboy hack more.
Anyway thank you for share, i will see more in deep to see if is other the cause of problem.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 13, 19:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hack scan only shows the driving car costs money in conflict with Community Time Project, and also Pescado's antiwatchout. Taxi charges money does not show up. Are you sure it's both not just one?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 13, 19:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, i put in the two hack. In fact "walk to...." no work too
i call the taxi go to comunity lot whith  problem but went i try go home, the sim enter in the taxi and come again and again ( my sim was left ) i need go out, for fortune play the sim and is ok

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 13, 21:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another vote for the §50 cab fare and for an included fee for the ride home.

I'll change the current fee myself ala your notes (thanks for that) but just adding that I think it'd be a hotter item with a higher price. Wink If you look around most folks that hang here tend to want better ways to keep their sims struggling for the simoleans (more expensive NPCes, harder jobs, mortgage payments, etc). It is, generally, too easy to keep the cash flow above a minimum.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 14, 08:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myskaal, but it's only worth putting up the price if there is a very good reason for not sending your sims walking for free.  As the transfer time is no shorter with a cab, there needs to be some other payoff, like a big difference in how the sim will be when he arrives.  I make my sims walk everywhere at the moment simply because it's less annoying than sending them to make a  phone call and then waiting for the cab.  There just needs to be something that makes it worth using the cab.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 14, 12:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fully agree.
I just installed BV and FT less than a full week ago and haven't actually used the "walk-to" feature. I keep forgetting it's there. So I hadn't actually considered that (yes even after reading the above posts) walk-to would be an easier alternative.

True that if I were to walk downtown (or even to the nearest corner store) especially right now (when it's been in the upper 90's- low 100's) my enegy, hygiene, hunger (moresothirst), comfort, and perhaps even my fun would be drained. Or perhaps if I was a fitness minded active individual my fun would actually raise. Or if I lived in a mountainous area and loved nature, maybe my comfort would get a boost.

Really, though, would altering the walk-to need boosts/decays be something to roll into this hack? Or perhaps it would be better off as a stand-alone modification. So even those who don't want to cashcab (ha) get the "reality" of walking around town.

It would make this mod even more appealing, though.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 14, 14:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the cab end of the comparison could fit into this hack.  Usually even when the sim has travelled by cab some of ther needs have decayed.  Perhaps comfort could be maxed, and no reduction in any motive.

dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 14, 15:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the problems reported about conflicts with crammyboy's Community Time Project should be fixed now.  It had nothing to do with this Taxi hack.  You have to download a new version of the "Vehicles cost money to drive" hack to fix it.

There should also be a new version of the Taxi hack coming soon which will have an option to charge money for the cab ride home.  And as for the suggestion to drop the needs more rapidly for the "Walk To..." commands, I might do that later, but it would be a separate stand-alone hack.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 30, 10:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is fantastic, I will probably change it to 50 as well.   Smiley
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 04, 12:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wantedto make a mod "Pay for Mobile Communications" but still confused where to add the transaction string.
Can you try?
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 04, 15:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be only my game. Might be a conflict with the IKEA stuff pack - since that appears to have done something to the phone -  but this hack is no longer wirking for me.

Anyone else?
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 04, 07:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is true that the hack does not work on IKEA. The sim tries to call and then jumps out of the call due to an error. It it should be fixed soon and the new version will also be compatible with Apartment Life.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 December 08, 19:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an update for AL yet?
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 December 09, 01:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes in "new " Insiminator site have a update http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,83937.0.html  i am used it some time and work fine with AL.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: