More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:49:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge  (Read 191955 times)
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
Re: Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge
« Reply #200 on: 2008 June 28, 05:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno; can you spot an apostrophe when someone rams it up your ass?

* Jess Maree wipes Diet Coke off monitor
Note to self: don't drink and post.

Are the bedsheets on the single beds Buntah's?

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 June 28, 12:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually, no.  I think those are parsimonius and vitasims. Vitasims for the disney princess one and parsimonius for the ones on the boys bed - part of the hydrophere set or the other alienish one, if i recall correctly.
Single double bed is from the ATS Modern Line set, and the master bedroom/bathroom is mostly Parsimonius Amilus Curiae.

The only buntah that I used from knowledge is the garden bench and stools.  Not entirely bad looking for buntah-isms.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
hbmt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 June 28, 19:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my take on 190 Sim Lane, which costs §170,720:

More pictures can be viewed at http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/HBJavaMama/190%20Sim%20Lane/

Download fully furnished version here: http://www.4shared.com/file/53110691/7c869bf4/190_Sim_Lane.html. 
And the semi-furnished version that includes only things that an actual house on the market would include: http://www.4shared.com/file/53112175/4a2eac6d/190_Sim_Lane_Unfurnished.html

Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2008 June 28, 19:35:40 by HBMT » Logged
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 June 28, 19:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks great, HBMT. I am interested in downloading.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 June 28, 19:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CC from:
Parsimonius
Brighten11
KariMinger
VitaSims
ATS
Buntah
and The Dream Team from MTS2
It should be noted that the easels will error with FT. I promise I'll update them someday.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 June 28, 20:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Another one! *Grabs up happily*

I did build two more. In the interest of anti-thread spamming, I've uploaded them for anyone who would like to at least look at them. If you'd like to download, there are furnished and unfurnished versions available.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/7610602/d800c33e/sharing.html?rnd=29
Yep, this was a triffic idea. I downloaded all the lots last night except for the Cim V2 at around 17MB, I think. It kept stalling, I'll have another go today.

I'm looking forward to next month's offering, if we're going to do it again. There should be enough shape to make it a challenge and something awful we have to work around - like my nemesis the chimney in this one.

Agreed. I was thinking of those vile "split" houses in Veronaville as a possibility. Maybe they would be too big for a challenge, though.
Witch, if the house won't download for you, I can always upload it elsewhere. I have so many accounts now, somewhere should work!  Grin Also, may I say one more round of thanks for suggesting Gadwin's for taking pictures? *promises not to fawn and drool* lol It's fantastic!

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 June 28, 20:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely house, HBMT! It looks like you tinkered with the outside walls, didn't you? Still, it's really purty. I'd love to live there.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
hbmt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 June 28, 20:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely house, HBMT! It looks like you tinkered with the outside walls, didn't you? Still, it's really purty. I'd love to live there.

Thanks!  I did add to the outside, but I did not move or remove any of the walls at all.  There is a top-down picture of the bottom floor in the slideshow and you can see the original walls there.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 June 28, 20:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah! "Pretty sneaky, sis!"
*remembers Connect Four*

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 June 28, 22:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed. I was thinking of those vile "split" houses in Veronaville as a possibility. Maybe they would be too big for a challenge, though.
Witch, if the house won't download for you, I can always upload it elsewhere. I have so many accounts now, somewhere should work!  Grin Also, may I say one more round of thanks for suggesting Gadwin's for taking pictures? *promises not to fawn and drool* lol It's fantastic!

The Gadwin solution was one I picked up here, makes much clearer pictures, even reducing them down for web use. Plus I can put the results in folders with specific names/dates.

I think actually it's your first lot that I'm having trouble with, will check later. I did see V2 in the folder so now I'm confused.  Cheesy

As for next month's lot, the original home should also be on a big enough section to extend or landscape. I think you're right the house shouldn't be too big, it would stop some from participating and would get boring to redo if it were too large.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2008 June 28, 22:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HBMT-looks great. I'd like to know how you got a driveway on the right side of the house...mine wouldn't fit when I tried.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 June 28, 22:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was where you placed the lot on the road? I could put a driveway on the right, although chose not to in the end.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2008 June 28, 22:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno Cheesy I'm going to try tomorrow though.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 June 28, 23:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we do that one from Pleasantview that doesn't have any rooms big enough to put a double bed in? I can't remember which one it is because I zorched my Maxis hoods.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 June 29, 00:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far on the Eaxis House of Fail makeover list:

-one of the little white box houses from Pleasantview (what you are thinking of, rohina?)
-that tiny cabin from Pleasantview
-lots from Veronaville, specifically "split" ones

Anything I'm missing, or more suggestions?  And keep in mind community lots, dorms, and hotels are fair game too.  I have a couple in mind, but I'd like to hear what others think.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 29, 00:08:45 by SnootCB » Logged
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 June 29, 01:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

zaza, i'm not even sure i've played sims properly since getting FT.
I might squeeze a couple of hours in today and have a real good play... no building... just simming.

Then again, only played pets long enough to get seasons, then I only played seasons long enough to get BV and so on...

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 June 29, 03:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, no biggie. I was pretty miffed that they throw errors now (only on mouseover for the canvas...I suspect it's the missing BHAVs for grilled cheese paintings and the new frames).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
hbmt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 June 29, 04:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HBMT-looks great. I'd like to know how you got a driveway on the right side of the house...mine wouldn't fit when I tried.

It's only MoveObjects On.  The only problem with it being on the right is that you don't see them actually drive up into the driveway, they just appear there.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: 2008 June 29, 04:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh right. Cheater! CHEATER!!!!

LOL I'm kidding-I was pretty sure it wouldn't fit without cheaty stuff and I'm not bothered about the cars just materialising on the driveway...I have a lot of sideways garages in my lots in-game and the cars just appear in there. It seems to cause a lot less time-lag too when sims come home from work, plus they don't get stuck behind the schoolbus if finish time coincides with end-of-school time.

hbmt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 June 29, 05:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 June 29, 05:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think actually it's your first lot that I'm having trouble with, will check later. I did see V2 in the folder so now I'm confused.  Cheesy

As for next month's lot, the original home should also be on a big enough section to extend or landscape. I think you're right the house shouldn't be too big, it would stop some from participating and would get boring to redo if it were too large.

If you're still having trouble, all of my houses are at the above link, now. Hope that works for you!  Wink

SnootCB,
I was thinking of one of the split houses because they're so ludicrous in their setup. The more I think of it, the more I feel that they might not be a good idea. The lot is a large one but it would have to be just to make the smaller of the two buildings livable as well as viewable. If you have a look, you'll better see what I'm trying to garble out, here. As for most of the others, EA went out of their way to decorate in the most depressing manner possible. Heck, just changing the wall colors and flooring would be doing them a favor in my opinion.

I'm wondering if the house Rohina is thinking of is 225 Main Street from Pleasantview? If memory serves, the thing was so cramped that it needed help right away. Starting out, I used a lot of those houses for my first couple's spawn, expanding as needed (can it really be only a year ago?) I might be wrong about this being the one Rohina requested but it might not be a bad one to use for another challenge.

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2008 June 29, 06:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah-the upstairs is really teensy in that house-I've made it over a couple of times. I've always ended up extending the house by moving the walls though so the 'no exterior walls to be moved' rule would make that house really quite difficult.

I also think that 95 Woodland Drive would be a good one to do. It is one of my favourite Pleasantview houses, but it is so small! I'd like a few variations on that one Grin I also have another I like but I'd have to make a new Sims 2 folder to find out which one it is. Pleasantview is obliterated in my game!

Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 June 29, 06:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah-the upstairs is really teensy in that house-I've made it over a couple of times. I've always ended up extending the house by moving the walls though so the 'no exterior walls to be moved' rule would make that house really quite difficult.

I also think that 95 Woodland Drive would be a good one to do. It is one of my favourite Pleasantview houses, but it is so small! I'd like a few variations on that one Grin I also have another I like but I'd have to make a new Sims 2 folder to find out which one it is. Pleasantview is obliterated in my game!

Heh. I don't know if that one is still available in mine or not. So many of them ended up in the lot bin when I took the plunge and started building from scratch. Now my Pleasantview is in dire need of a cleansing. Of course, I didn't know squat when I started and that one family has pretty much clogged the neighborhood all by itself. Family sims and my ignorance at the time. A lethal combination. Cheesy

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 June 29, 09:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, another one!  I love the eevil cathouse, er, eevilcat house!

I am so moving a crazy cat lady into eevilcat's house Cheesy

Kazzandra has several cats in RL. Just a thought.  Wink

You are teh evil, Cimaronna, narking on me like that! Just food for thought: I'll be up to ten in a few weeks. Our animal shelter got a huge influx and was starting to put kittens down. So I will be the proud slave to ten cats soon-- I'm sure the others will not be pleased. I'll just have to sacrifice more interweb times for kittehs again!  Smiley

Also-- I've never played  a EAxis home but I have been lurking and all I can say is WOW! It really does look like a new and different house every time! Grabbing several.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 June 29, 10:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno; can you spot an apostrophe when someone rams it up your ass?
Rohina, I just laughed so hard I lost all breath for a moment. If they did add Buntah, I'm just very releived they didn't use some of her multicoloured, flouro stuff from a few years ago. Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: