More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:31:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge  (Read 191968 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge
« Reply #150 on: 2008 June 22, 07:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*with six bathrooms witch feels reasonably confident

BTW I forgot, the nursery needs a mini fridge if you don't use Inge's bottomless bottles.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2008 June 22, 16:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely house witch....can I come live with you? Cheesy

Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 June 22, 17:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I'd live in any one of these, given the chance!  Wink

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
SoulOfZinglon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 June 23, 02:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, here is my humble, newbie entry.  Since until very recently I was running The Sims 2 on an ancient, not-meeting-minimum-requirements laptop, I tend to place far too few lights and decorations.

Cost: 195,280
Bathrooms: 6 full, 1 not quite so full
Bedrooms: 5
Spawning Rooms: 2
Furnished: With bare necessities, like a dance-sphere.  Tongue
Eps/Stuff packs: I have them all. Arr.
Custom Content: None used ^^

Downstairs has a kitchen/dining area, three bathrooms, mini-moat, swimmable tar pit, greenhouse, living room/guest reception area, dingy study area to hold career awards, and a garage.  Also, it has two staircases, because Sims are retarded.

The upstairs has five bedrooms, three with double beds, and two with single beds and desks.  It also includes spawing stations with fridges, three bathrooms, and one half bathroom. 

The mini-moat, bridge, and swimmable tar pit, because EAxis has no blue terrain paint.  Tested to make sure sims don't swim around the entire house.

A corner of the living room/visitor reception room.

The original chimney is still there along with the weirdo chimney cover.  The tower in the corner is built into a small hill.  I tried to make it as awesome as possible.  There is a bathroom in the reception area for the guests, and the stairs and kitchen are easily locked off to prevent the guests from overrunning the house.  The house has a lot of bathrooms, because sims waiting for the bathroom, or having to run halfway across the house to use the restroom bothers me.  The house could hold a multi-generational family, or a couple small families, or just a really creepy bachelor.

If you want to download: http://www.4shared.com/file/52361149/239f6ac4/190_Sim_Lane.html?dirPwdVerified=c736f995

Enjoy  Smiley

Edited: In order to replace night shots with daylight shots, because it was totally intentional and part of my evil plan to obscure my building errors.  It most definately wasn't because I forgot. Nope, not at all Tongue

« Last Edit: 2008 June 23, 10:23:47 by SoulOfZinglon » Logged
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 2008 June 23, 02:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to get some daytime pictures? I believe your nightime shots, while moody, don't show off the house's features, which I'm sure are many.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 June 23, 03:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes - seconding what Hecubus said.  You may already have discovered the day/night toggle available in build mode.  Hesitate to click on it no longer.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 June 23, 06:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely house witch....can I come live with you? Cheesy

Hur. Yep. Plenty of bathrooms mate!

Hey ZingySoul - what's spawing?

SoulOfZinglon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 June 23, 10:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey ZingySoul - what's spawing?

Yet another reason why I shouldn't post after eating delicious dark chocolate. Tongue
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 June 23, 11:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

House is rar'd and ready to go.

2 coming soon - CC and Non-CC.

http://www.4shared.com/file/52407386/ab3f76f3/190_Sim_Lane.html

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 June 23, 22:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! It's going to make a fine addition to the neighborhood. Grin
*nabs and dashes*

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 June 24, 11:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten myself stucked with building.  I usually keep track of my designs and things in a book,  but i've lost my book.

And I'm a sucker for collecting pictures of sets, printing them in glorious colour and putting them in another book so i can compare kitchens and living rooms.

BTW: Thank you Parsimonius, VitaSims and some other random places for making complete house sets and themed rooms.  I would never get by without you.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2008 June 25, 07:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, here's my entry.  Made with all EP's and no SP's installed.

It now has four bedrooms (or two bedrooms plus two nooks that can house a crib or a single bed,) two and a half baths, a fishable pond, a family room and street parking.  Priced after Magic Wand depreciation at 62,967.  Not 100% Awesomespec-compliant, I'm sure, but I did make some efforts in that direction.

As you may notice, it's now sitting on a foundation.  I hereby solemnly swear that I did not remove any of the original exterior walls; some of them are now surrounded by other walls and/or squished to about a quarter of their original height, but they're still there!  XD  Adding the extra walls made for some interesting little cubbies inside which I attempted to make useful.  I also tried, with dubious success, to work around the roof and give the smaller bedroom somewhat of a view of the outside.

I did include three pieces of custom content as little finishing touches, but the lot should work just fine without them: Christianlov's clothing rack, Pes's Windkeeper-mailbox cover, and roddyaleixo's invisible driveway recolor (link below.  The street parking will look a bit odd without it, but will still work.)

ETA: Forgot to mention, there *is* a One Desk in the Vomitorium.  I discovered that I could save some space by using moveObjects to hide half of it under the stairs, with a random cheap item stuck on the other side so Sims won't try to use it, and it works all right--just appears to be a half-sized desk.  (Which I intend to try to create for real when I finally work up the nerve to try meshing, as an aside.)

Invisible driveway: http://freya.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90875

Download:
http://www.filecrunch.com/fileDownload.php?sub=68480c09cb663db6007f38f69c658e89&fileId=155937
« Last Edit: 2013 September 09, 19:39:44 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2008 June 25, 07:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's lovely.  I'll enjoy playing with it.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 June 25, 08:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, that reminds me of a swiss chalet. I love the way you moved the stairs to get a decent sized lounge. Squishing the walls to make a foundation was a real stroke of genius, personally I much prefer houses on a foundation.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 June 25, 08:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These houses are beautiful. Personally, I tend to prefer single-floor dwellings, and since I get annoyed by big clumps of wall that don't drop, they tend to come out a bit rhomboid. I think I might have to have a go at this one, though, and see if having the outer walls predetermined can encourage me to think in some new layouts.

Looking forward to an "all-190" 'hood.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 June 25, 09:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd join in the fun and rework it in a modern still with added garage. Made with all EPs and GLS/FFS/H&M SPs. 2 Bedrooms/bathrooms upstairs with balcony/telescope for communing with aliens. Open plan dining/study area downstairs with separate kitchen, lounge and toilet. Outside are a swimming pool and basketball hoop for the athletically inclined and an orchard/greenhouse for those that like gardening. It should pretty well conform to awesome spec. Lemmiwinks and Cweiberdink (the latest lovely couple to join the MATY 'hood) have been playtesting it and it seems to work just fine.

Front:

Back:

Ground Floor:

Upper Floor:

Get it here: http://www.filecrunch.com/fileDownload.php?sub=8708c6b12b74d6fc6f3010821a761b38&fileId=155949

Alternative link for Furryfox users: http://rapidshare.com/files/125098138/190a_Sim_Lane.Sims2Pack.html
« Last Edit: 2008 June 26, 07:23:19 by eevilcat » Logged

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 June 25, 13:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice one, Amber! Love the way you used the fake chimney in the master bedroom.

eevilcat, I've never found a use for that fencing you used around the pool. It looks really nice. However, I'm getting the following message when I try to download yours: This file is a private File. So you don't have rights to download this file.

Make public, please???

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 June 25, 13:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eevilcat, I've never found a use for that fencing you used around the pool. It looks really nice. However, I'm getting the following message when I try to download yours: This file is a private File. So you don't have rights to download this file.

Make public, please???

Sorted, you should be able to download it now.

I love that fencing but, until now, haven't been able to find a use for it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2008 June 25, 14:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those both look lovely Grin I've just finished another one and I am debating whether to furnish or not....I might just part-furnish.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 June 25, 14:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, another one!  I love the eevil cathouse, er, eevilcat house!

Tribulatio proxima est
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 June 25, 14:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber and Eevilcat,
These are gorgeous! I can't wait to get everything installed so I can play all of these houses! One of the things I like best about this challenge is all of the new (to me) building ideas to try.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2008 June 25, 15:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, another one!  I love the eevil cathouse, er, eevilcat house!

I am so moving a crazy cat lady into eevilcat's house Cheesy

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 June 25, 15:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love both of these; I must say I wanted a way to put the house on a foundation because it is so necessary to have a basement for all those skilling objects and rewards and crap.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 June 25, 15:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you may notice, it's now sitting on a foundation.  I hereby solemnly swear that I did not remove any of the original exterior walls; some of them are now surrounded by other walls and/or squished to about a quarter of their original height, but they're still there!  XD 
Sneaky, very sneaky. My hat off to you.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2008 June 25, 17:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love both of these; I must say I wanted a way to put the house on a foundation because it is so necessary to have a basement for all those skilling objects and rewards and crap.

It's not as difficult as you might think--just takes a bit of patience.  Here's how I did it:

1.  Removed the original roof
2.  Added another set of walls on top of the first and second stories
3.  Moved all the second-floor doors and windows to the third floor, then the first floor ones to the second floor
4.  Used 'boolprop ConstrainFloorElevation false' and the wall and terrain tools to squish the first story down to foundation-height
5.  Added stairs where needed and foundation walls inside the squished first story.  (There should be space for a small basement under there now, btw.)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: