More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:18:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge  (Read 191957 times)
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Re: Eaxis House of Fail Makeover Challenge
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 13, 05:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked this house because it is not really terrible, but it does need a bit of reconstruction/redecoration and there is plenty of room on the lot to expand.  How about we do one of the white box houses in July?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 13, 05:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Emma, I chose to keep the house in the same colors as it started with and added a garage. I wanted to add two going sideways, but the garage door just wouldn't turn correctly.  Roll Eyes This house contains two separate living spaces, designed for two small families or a family with grandma and grandpa having their own place upstairs. I need transitional multifamily homes, and this one lends itself to it. Unfurnished, because EAxis crap is blah.

Requires all EPs up to FT and should not require any SP.
Bottom floor is a two bed, two bath apartment with living room and kitchen/dining area. Top floor is a two bed, one bath apartment with living room, kitchen/dining area, and foyer. Top of garage could be used as a deck.
Cost: $44,088. $32,981 when magic wand is applied.
File attached, as it was just under the limit.

* 190 Sim Lane Zaza Style.rar (612.98 KB - downloaded 600 times.)

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
shallow_kid
Asinine Airhead

It's always Caturday here.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 13, 05:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't add on anything except enclosing the back "porch" which made for some extra space upstairs.  Four bedrooms, 3 baths, living room, raised kitchen and an atrium type thing where the back porch used to be.

And the raised kitchen from the inside:

Downloadable on the exchange because I'm 12.

I came for the J.M. Pescado stalking.  I stayed for the J.M. Pescado stalking.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 13, 05:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gorgeous Zazazu-I'm grabbing that for my hood! The reason why the garage doors/driveway piece won't turn correctly is because of lot placement when the house was originally built (by Maxis, so there is nothing you can do about it) I know-because I tried Cheesy

Glad you like my house, I had a lot of fun renovating it! I can't wait for next month's challenge now!

[edit] Shallow_kid, that looks really nice! It is amazing how different one house can look. Gonna go grab yours too and I'll rate high Wink

Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 13, 05:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a challenge that I feel able to do! In fact, I have the thing done but it's a monster. I'm so glad to see that it can be uploaded empty! That will reduce the file size immensely. Thank you for that! Also need to take new pictures. The first ones suck. lol

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2008 June 13, 06:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably post an entry at some point...but could we get a picture of the original house in the first post for comparison's sake, please?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 June 13, 07:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here it is. Let me warn you that I suck at building as well as taking pictures. I you think P & L is needed, I won't get butthurt! Grin I have the funky Deluxe version, Uni and OFB.

We have featured a small music room, large living/dining area, two full baths, kitchen and toddler play area/breakfast nook on the first floor.

On the second floor, there is a master suite (to the left), two bedrooms, two bathrooms (counting the on in the master suite), and two decks, one visitor accessible and one not. The empty room can serve as another bedroom, an office or storage. A workout/play area finishes up the space, If more is needed, a few columns and you're extension ready!

http://www.mediafire.com/?v4wotjmovay

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 June 13, 08:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably post an entry at some point...but could we get a picture of the original house in the first post for comparison's sake, please?

I added some to the 2nd post in this thread.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 June 13, 08:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing wrong with that for a family home Cimaronna.

If you want some picture taking tips, use a picture taking program like Gadwin. Put the slider and everything for pictures up to the highest levels. Use the mode where you go to save, that gets rid of the gridlines. Use Tab to get rid of the UI. (Get your pic placed first, otherwise you have to use the keyboard for finer movement controls). Zoom right in so the picture fills the screen. I usually put my floors slightly on the diagonal and get right close in.

You'll probably still have to resize so the pics aren't too big for the forum.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 June 13, 08:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why Thankee, Ma'am!  Grin

I'll be checking into that ASAP. I know that I need something to improve this. Maybe that will be just the thing!

Oh! I forgot to post that this remodel costs $59,202

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 June 13, 08:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for explaining that SnootCB.. I think it'd be fun to tackle another one next month. Mine is gutted and I've begun to decorate.

Zazazu mentioned a limit but I didn't spot it one.. are we working with a dollar limit for the challenge?
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 June 13, 08:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She meant the file size is small enough to upload to the forum.

ETA: Great job everyone. 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 June 13, 08:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file size limit is 640KB IIRC.

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 June 13, 08:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley thank you for explaining that Emma and Keirra
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 June 13, 08:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley thank you for explaining that Emma and Keirra

Kiss Grin

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 June 13, 13:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gorgeous Zazazu-I'm grabbing that for my hood! The reason why the garage doors/driveway piece won't turn correctly is because of lot placement when the house was originally built (by Maxis, so there is nothing you can do about it) I know-because I tried Cheesy

Glad you like my house, I had a lot of fun renovating it! I can't wait for next month's challenge now!

[edit] Shallow_kid, that looks really nice! It is amazing how different one house can look. Gonna go grab yours too and I'll rate high Wink

Turn the driveway? How do you mean?

I is thouroughly confused.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 June 13, 14:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn the driveway? How do you mean?

I is thouroughly confused.
You know that street parking tutorial that SOMEONE removed? You can use that to turn both driveways, the itty end pieces, and the garage doors. There's one particular line in the floor config file that has to have an # added to it, then you can select sidewalk tiles. Delete one of the sidewalk tiles on the end of the opposite side of the street, and the pieces flip. You can use this to do street parking and design side garages.

However, for this house, I could get everything to flip, but the durned garage door was inside out. I thought about doing some sort of faux garage/carport thing, but didn't like the look.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 June 13, 15:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added some to the 2nd post in this thread.

Thanks. Smiley  I should have done that in the first place.

Zazazu: I like that your version is basically a duplex- great for extended families and will no doubt be easily transformed into an "apartment" lot when the next EP comes out.  I also like what you've done with the roof.  I'll probably add a perimeter fence out of habit.

shallow_kid: I really like what you've done with the outside of the house.  The atrium with the 2nd-story room above it is especially interesting.  I also think the elevated kitchen was a neat idea, though I might add a half wall to the outer edge of it.

Cimaronna: You don't suck at building.  The only things I'd change about the outside would be to (1) add a perimeter fence and (2) change up the roof line just a bit.  I'd probaby change the overhangs on the angled areas to get them in line with the rest of the roof, and I'd add another roof part to the chimney.  The inside of the house would work really well for a big family; I especially like the decoration of the kitchen (my version currently has those same floor tiles, but in pink) and the living area.
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 June 13, 17:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much! I'll note these changes and try it out. I say that I suck at building because I nearly always end up with a Square Box Hotel. I'm trying to get myself out of that rut. So far, no good. Frankly, I'm loving everyone's entries you have right now. There are several awesomely talented builders is MATY! I'm going to go snatch some.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2008 June 13, 19:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't change much of the exterior layout, I enclosed the patio-like area in the back and moved it to the side. I tried to awesomespec the insides. The lot is fully furnished with room for expansion upstairs; another bedroom could easily be added. Price is § 97 978.

Pics:

Exterior:

Outdoor dining area:

Downstairs:
Layout

Living room, seen from hallway/study:

Study:

Hallway/entrance:

Kitchen:

Nursery:

Upstairs, layout:

ETA: Built with all EPs and SPs installed. Probably needs all of them to look like it's supposed to. Tongue

* 190 Sim Lane_Annan.rar (632.11 KB - downloaded 646 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 June 13, 21:09:54 by Annan » Logged

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 June 13, 20:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

beautiful! I'm sending it off in different directions with the colours for mine, but I love the cleanness of the feel of your version.  Grin
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 June 13, 22:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beautiful Annan! I hope you all realise I am going to have a full neighbourhood of '190 Sim Lanes' by the time we are all finished Cheesy At least they all look totally different!

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 June 13, 22:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My version: mostly furnished at 68,113...2 large bedrooms, 2 baths, open floorplan.  All EPs, FFS and GLS.  My pics also suck.  Would be happy to attach download if anyone is really interested.  *Edited to add download link, at bottom of post.  Enjoy!

Front

Back

Side View

1st Floor

2nd Floor

Edit to add dl link (and keep in mind, furnishings are reference only, decor at very minimum): 190 Sim Lane- Snow Style
« Last Edit: 2008 June 14, 01:26:08 by snowbawl » Logged
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 June 13, 23:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley that's lovely.. Only one small peice of feedback, the white bit on the roof makes it look unpainted.. I know it's likely just light paint.. You might want to look at a slightly darker shade so it blends more with the rest of the building.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 June 14, 00:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a copy, Bawler.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: