More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:52:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Vehicles cost money to drive *UPDATED to v1.1*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vehicles cost money to drive *UPDATED to v1.1*  (Read 6558 times)
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
Vehicles cost money to drive *UPDATED to v1.1*
« on: 2008 June 10, 23:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Compatibility: FreeTime (v1.13.0.135 through v1.13.0.155)
* Modifications: Semi-Global (affects all ownable vehicles)
* Hack Version#: 1.1

Update ( 06/14/2008 )
~~~~~~
Major update of the hack to version 1.1

- Introduces compatibility with crammyboy's "Community Time Project" hack
- Fixes "Walk to Lot" & "Walk Home" interactions, which were charged money but
  shouldn't have been.  (FYI: walking actually counts as driving an invisible
  ownable car, which was the cause of the hack doing a charge for walking)
- Adds ability to charge for the "Walk to Lot" & "Walk Home" interactions
  (both disabled by default)
- Adds ability to charge for the "Drive Home" interaction (disabled by default)
- Adds separate configuration file _CONFIG, for easier version updates
- Adds ability to choose which cost MOD (modification) you desire
- Removes problem with "hack loading order" on NTFS drives for cost MODs
- Adds MOD-COST.TXT to help would-be hackers write their own cost MODs

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
Driving ownable vehicles will now cost you Simoleons for each trip.  The amount charged will vary based on which cost MOD you are using.  The charge is usually a percentage related to the vehicle's current depreciated value and/or its initial purchase price.  A charge can also be set for Walking to and from Community Lots, which is a new feature of the Bon Voyage expansion.

* You must download a "cost MOD" or else the hack will have no effect and just cause an error preventing you from driving any vehicle!

Effects
~~~~~~~
All ownable vehicles, even custom content ones, should be affected.  This
means Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Mopeds, Scooters, and whatever else should get charged a driving cost by this hack.

It charges you each time you select to drive any owned vehicle.  If you do not have enough funds to pay for the vehicle expenses, then you will get a message saying that you are too poor to use it and the action will be canceled.  You are only charged for the departure trip from your home lot and for trips from one Comm Lot to another Comm Lot.  By default, the return trip to come back home will not charge you any money, or else problems may arise with your Sims being "stuck" on a community lot if they run out of money.  However, you can enable charges for driving home if you wish.

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.

* df_vehicles_cost_money_to_drive_1.1.rar (30.72 KB - downloaded 264 times.)
* df_vehicles_cost_money_to_drive_MOD_cost_dec_with_age.rar (1.76 KB - downloaded 275 times.)
* df_vehicles_cost_money_to_drive_MOD_cost_inc_with_age.rar (1.98 KB - downloaded 303 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 June 14, 15:13:18 by dumbfool » Logged
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
Re: Vehicles cost money to drive
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 11, 03:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting idea.  I am not too sure about the execution though.  Some vehicles, while costing more initially, would be cheaper to drive.  A perfect example is the downloadable Ford Escape Hybrid, this vehicle while costing a good penny would be cheaper to run on a daily basis.  This mod would make it more expensive on a daily basis than the cheap car which would get real bad gas mileage.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
Re: Vehicles cost money to drive
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 11, 14:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it is similar to the hack you can find over at http://www.djssims.com

I don't think there is an easy way to make fuel efficient or even solar powered cars cost less to drive than a old run-down gas guzzler.  Only humans can tell the difference between car models, while Sims and the game files can not.  The only way I could think to make the amount of money charged be fair was by the value of the car.

But if you want all the cars to cost the same amount to drive just like the hack at djssims does, you can set all the divisor
values to 32767.  And then set the minimum cost to the amount that every car will cost, such as $30 like the djssims hack does.

*** BTW, it turns out that this hack does completely conflict with "antiwatchout".  If you try to use both, then you will not be able to drive any car at all.  The interaction will just keep getting canceled.

But you can also delete the "Sub - Trans To Drive" file from the antiwatchout hack to make both hacks work together if you really like my hack.
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
Re: Vehicles cost money to drive *UPDATED to v1.1*
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 14, 15:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This new version should be 100% working with crammyboy's "Community Time Project".  I went to a comm lot all 3 ways (taxi, car, and walking).  CTP did what it is supposed to do when I came back home.  Plus the new hack version has more options added.  So get it while its hot!
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 14, 15:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

great, thank you i will try it
i wait to see the new hack for coming

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 16, 23:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this compatible with Pescado's antiwatchout mod? I recalled that you mentioned a conflict between this mod and Pescado's mod on the thread over at Insiminator.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 17, 19:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The readme file explains it all. The hack does not work with antiwatchout. Maybe a later version will.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 23, 22:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i like this hack but not compatible with antiwatchout of Pescado, i do my owm modification with instrution of the REAME of dumbfool and work fine with me.  Dumbfool will put a compatible version but nothing was done i can upload my version if dont upset Pescado and if anyboy is have interest.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: