More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:38:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Zombify NPC?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Zombify NPC?  (Read 4289 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Zombify NPC?
« on: 2008 June 08, 23:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fail at Google - or I just can't come up with enough unique searchable words to find a difinitive post on this.

I've decided to play my own version of an Apocolypse hood - though not in the challenge way. I used AnyGameStarter to make a completely empty new hood (I tossed my clean templates on my most recent EP installation and haven't felt much like finding and putting them all back in).
Unfortunately after loading it up and placing she who will save the world in her house I've found she is not at all alone. The walkby-es actually started shortly before the newspaper delivery kid was generated. First an elderly woman and shortly thereafter an elderly man. Not too long after that was another Maxisfugly man. So these are definately default townies or NPCs.

I checked the character file folder and there are now 154 files.. where there should be 2.

I'm sure some of these are pets. I'm loading up SimPE right now to check _bwot!_ what I am wanting to know is if there is some way, using the teleport shrub and any MATY hacks (like the lot debugger) to make these unwantables into zombies and have them simply be the remains of those who didn't survive what ever tragedy happened here, continuing to "live" in townie land.. or possibly move them onto a secluded playable lot somewhere - without causing an unwanted relationship with my playable.

I haven't played much, or really at all with changing the unplayable populace of any of my hoods so fiddling in these matters is all new territory to me. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Zombify NPC?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 09, 02:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Ingelogical can dump sims back into the assorted townie pools. Or maybe that's just my version of the Ingelogical.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 09, 03:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does.
Roundabout I ended up just creating a throwaway cult leader to kill and zombify. What I didn't want was any sort of "met" or "moved in" memories related to my main sim. I wasn't sure if those were created with the shrub.

Not the cleanest method of cleanup but at least all those BV NPCs and tourists are now dead and buried. I'm still not sure why they were created. I used the AnyGame to make all the sub-hoods as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 09, 05:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The shrub does not create memories. No memories or relationships are created unless you merge the sim with an existing family. If you plop them down on an empty lot fresh from CAS and then make them townies/whatever, nothing happens. Although the Ingelogical "Make Townies" option doesn't set the "Initialized" bit so the the game will then arbitrarily overwrite all your settings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 09, 20:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the cleanest method of cleanup but at least all those BV NPCs and tourists are now dead and buried. I'm still not sure why they were created. I used the AnyGame to make all the sub-hoods as well.

Did you have the noregen hacks installed when you created the BV 'hoods?  I'm not familiar with AnyGame, but I believe the game normally makes BV townies when you attach the vacation 'hoods, unlike regular townies, downtownies which are usually only created once you visit comm lots.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 09, 22:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tossed my clean templates on my most recent EP installation and haven't felt much like finding and putting them all back in).

You don't need clean templates if you're going to create a completely clean hood, only if you want a clean maxis hood.  You just need to delete (back up!) the character files in the game folders.
Start with all the files in ***\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\N001\Characters\ them move from EP to EP to remove any new (sub)hood characters.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 09, 22:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't suggest doing that, since you'll be leaving behind all the character data that is contained in the subhood neighborhood file. You should replace the neighborhood file with an empty one when you nuke the files in the Characters folder.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 10, 00:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have the noregen hacks. Pets and BV seem to be the same in that as soon as you load a hood into your main game, the Maxis-mades will be auto-genned. Unlike a downtown or shopping district (when using anygamestarter). So even with AnyGameStarter, if you want truly fresh and clean you need to stick with the clean templates.

And what gynarchy said. Yes there is a way to do it without the clean templates and that's to make it a clean template yourself after creation unless you want to leave a whole lotta crap in your game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 10, 01:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't suggest doing that, since you'll be leaving behind all the character data that is contained in the subhood neighborhood file. You should replace the neighborhood file with an empty one when you nuke the files in the Characters folder.
Junk character data already infests default subhoods you add. It does nothing, but you can greatly reduce the file size by purging it all in SimPE.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: