More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:16:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8  (Read 112236 times)
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends
« Reply #50 on: 2008 June 25, 03:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And while we're on the subject of recycling old borkenness (pianos, primp) - maids and fish tanks, anyone?
I'll get maids, someone more knowledgeable about fish tanks can do them.  I can only think of one time I've put a fish tank in one of my Sim's homes.

Not that maids have ever worked really well, even at their best, but in a situation like this -- well, multiply any and all problems you see your maids deal with in UNI by about 100.  The best-case scenario is that the maid comes as scheduled, cleans about three other apartments OTHER THAN the one belonging to your Sim, charges you, and leaves.

If you have the InSimenator, any hack having to do with temperature control, certain (but not all) of Inge's clothes change doors,* or the "Bon Voyage" EP, the maid will not be able to stop cleaning until he or she suffers at least two different needs failures.  Comically, when finally done, he/she will pay you instead of the other way around.

But the real fun begins if you succeed in getting any of your Sims to diddle the maid, a la Daniel Pleasant or Don Lothario.  Afterwards, one of the two Sims involved will turn into a remote-controlled car, and the other into a toad.  Horrified, EA issues a patch, which disables maids entirely, and causes any Sim playing a piano to turn into a toad.

__sigh__  I love this game.  Grin

*No disrespect intended to Inge as I do use a few of her doors, non-Awesome though they may be.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 June 25, 03:07:21 by jwaas » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends
« Reply #51 on: 2008 June 25, 03:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually referring to the glitch where maids repeatedly clean the fish tank until it's 5pm when they go home - leaving the rest of the house in a mess.

Another old glitch that must be due to resurface is to do with maids, coffee cups & dishwashers.  I don't think I've seen that one since the base game.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 June 25, 06:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow, someway, portals will be deleted.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 June 25, 17:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually referring to the glitch where maids repeatedly clean the fish tank until it's 5pm when they go home - leaving the rest of the house in a mess.

Another old glitch that must be due to resurface is to do with maids, coffee cups & dishwashers.  I don't think I've seen that one since the base game.

Ah.  My bad then.  I am not familiar with either of the glitches of which you speak, seeing as I use neither fish tanks nor coffee in my game.  Coffee doesn't give me the shakes, so why should it do so to my Sims?  Smiley

I am right though, am I not, that the remote-controlled car is a Sim?  Not that I'm terribly computer-savvy, but who on earth thinks up this stuff, and what are they on, anyway?...  Tongue
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8
« Reply #54 on: 2008 June 25, 22:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What they are on is not FDA approved.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 June 26, 13:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am right though, am I not, that the remote-controlled car is a Sim?  Not that I'm terribly computer-savvy, but who on earth thinks up this stuff, and what are they on, anyway?...  Tongue

Yup, the remote-controlled car, and the helicopter that came with FT, and all the robots from OFB are treated as NPC sims in the game.  That's why you'll see very outgoing sims making the greeting animation to the sentrybot (for example) as they walk into the house.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 June 26, 14:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a hydrobot that spoke in a male sim voice. Once I found the source of the voice (there were no sims home at the time which was confusing) I saw that it was complaining very loudly about a staircase that it couldn't get past. I had a good laugh about that, but I only ever place hydrobots on lots where I am sure that they cannot get into the house.  Cheesy

More F than you
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8
« Reply #57 on: 2008 June 26, 15:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can deal with OFB servos being Sims, since they are at least humanoid.  But remote-controlled cars and helicopters is another thing.  I wonder whether Amin Sims and his other Leo buddies would therefore greet a remote-controlled car?...

I must say I don't even know what hydrobots are -- they must come with BV or some other EP that I don't have installed right now.

I will add, though, that reading the "Bork Pool" thread for FT gives me some hope, as it was just as hilarious as this thread, only I have had almost no problems with FT.  I would like to hope that therefore AL won't be as bad as we fear, but I don't think I dare.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 June 26, 15:57:05 by jwaas » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 June 26, 15:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can deal with OFB servos being Sims, since they are at least humanoid.  But remote-controlled cars and helicopters is another thing.  I wonder whether Amin Sims and his other Leo buddies would therefore greet a remote-controlled car?...

I must say I don't even know what hydrobots are -- they must come with BV or some other EP that I don't have installed right now.

Hydrobots came with OFB.  They are one of the craftable robots and are definitely not humanoid.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 June 29, 04:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things which are mobile are implemented as invisible "sims". This internal implementation would not even be noticeable if not for the fact that it is occasionally botched.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 June 29, 21:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you turn a townie or an NPC into a toad, they will be added to your family when cured.  Tongue

Yeagods, this one is dead on. In related news, toadifying an NPC will be akin to vamping Crumplebottom and asplode your hood. In an effort to prevent this situation, a patch will re-disable phoning NPCs and/or spawn infinite new NPCs to replace those toadified.

And while we're on the subject of recycling old borkenness (pianos, primp) - maids and fish tanks, anyone?

I hadn't had problems with maids getting stuck cleaning the tanks for a while, but I don't use the tanks very often. Last time I did, though, a Macro/Cleaning teen got stuck in the tank loop. I'd have left him in it if it were helping him gain the skill point he Wanted, but it was a sadly inefficient skill-builder.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 June 30, 07:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever new hair that comes with this pack will only show up for everyday, formal, and outerwear. The rest of the catagories will default to the straight long hair for girls, and the short curly hair for guys.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 June 30, 07:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever new hair that comes with this pack will only show up for everyday, formal, and outerwear. The rest of the catagories will default to the straight long hair for girls, and the short curly hair for guys.

I don't think EAxis see that as borkenness, they see that as a deliberate design feature.

Your female sims in underwear/sports hair default to long hair?  Lucky you.  Most of mine default to that fugly meg hair.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 June 30, 08:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Petz owners with a critter present on the lot, the butler will be stuck in a neverending "feed pets" loop. When said critter dies, the butler will disappear from the lot and never come back. You'll be unable to hire a new butler, as the game thinks that you already have one (Same goes for Seasons owners and garden plots, where the butler will be obsessed with watering plants and disappear if plots are removed).
If you have both EPs plus critter plus garden plots, the butler will freeze forever because pets care and gardening will have the same priority and the "is [action] required/possible" check will be broken. Also, if he tries to do an action that isn't possible (e.g. tend garden plot when there are no weeds), the game will crash.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 July 01, 06:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apartment Life will be horribly incompatible with the Sims 2 Store, and anyone who actually paid for the stuff in there and got it from EA will have to delete their neighborhoods and reinstall and/or choose between the crap they paid for and the next expansion. People who pirated the downloads will be unaffected.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 July 01, 07:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rooms with ceilings will actually let rain through even if there's a roof over them. Moreover, anything from the sculpture category will not be placeable in the room cause: "ceiling too low".

Dive in!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 July 01, 17:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apartment Life will be horribly incompatible with the Sims 2 Store, and anyone who actually paid for the stuff in there and got it from EA will have to delete their neighborhoods and reinstall and/or choose between the crap they paid for and the next expansion. People who pirated the downloads will be unaffected.
Apartment Life will include items already released on Sims2Store. People who have purchased the items will now have them in the catalog twice, and will be miffed at having paid for them twice.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 July 01, 17:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Oh no, they promised those will be exclusive to the Store! They PROMISED!

Cheesy

Dive in!
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 July 04, 13:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, the "Kitchen Sink" EP.

I predict they will add more neighbourhoods that we don't need with more useless families that we don't need. This is to give us something to do, i.e. whine while we wait for those more awesome than us to provide us with clean and/or empty templates.

However, this might be a gimme and therefore disqualified as a prediction.

How about this? Graduating Sims have to go on job interviews and move to the above-mentioned new neighbourhood in order to take the job, and they have to come up with first and last and a security deposit out of their first paycheck.

That might be too much like RL. Never mind...
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 July 11, 20:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about this? In order to rush this out, they pull programmers from other projects (Spore/Sims3) that used completely diffrent .package formats. Not realizing that these are in fact diffrent, AL now is completely unable to recognize any Custom content, or even it's own god damn items. Completely and utterly breaking the game.

Yay, I'm just a ball of sunshine, huh?
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 July 13, 05:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I bet the witches spells will have the same functions as the juices from Seasons, except with fancier ingredients.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 July 13, 06:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't get it..do you?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 July 13, 10:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even when the Murphy bed is folded up the game will consider its six tiles occupied, making sims unable to walk or place anything there. Also, woohoo with toads will be enabled by accident.

INEPT INTP
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 July 13, 10:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, woohoo with toads will be enabled by accident.

That is so wrong...

....it might actually happen.

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 July 25, 04:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*delurks

Well put, AuKestrel! To add my two cents in... EAxis mistakenly codes the nannies to be useful (ie, they don't try to set your sim's house on fire). Realizing this, they will immediately release a patch that fixes this. The patch will bork the cribs so that when used, the baby sim will disappear completely, both from the family panel and the lot. Any attempts to bring them back will be futile.

Also... it'd be kind of cool if somehow the bottles that get pulled from the fridge are borked... you know, so instead of regular green milk it becomes smart milk...?  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: