More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:08:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8  (Read 112227 times)
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends
« Reply #100 on: 2008 August 22, 12:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christ, are they serious? The 20 000 crap was enough of an exploit, particularly with the Merge Households tool.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends
« Reply #101 on: 2008 August 22, 12:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you know this will be the one time the Prima guide actually gets something right.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 August 22, 13:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the awful cheap photocopy-quality pack versions; they're good for a laugh on the can, and not much else.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8
« Reply #103 on: 2008 August 22, 17:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having seen the L&P about being able to move stuff  higher or lower on the walls, I predict that doing so will thereby prevent you from putting anything else on any wall in the same room, and perhaps even prevent you from putting anything on any wall anywhere on the lot ever again.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 August 22, 17:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet that, at least, having two items on the wall will cause one to stick and become undeletable, conferring this honour on the wall as well.

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 August 22, 20:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christ, are they serious? The 20 000 crap was enough of an exploit, particularly with the Merge Households tool.

I thought the extra moneys only happened if someone moves out of an existing household?  So a CAS family of 8 would have 20,000 but if, for whatever reason, half the family moved out then they would get the 20,000 +.  I don't really pay enough attention to family funds to know how move outs work now.
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 August 22, 20:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's how it works... and then you can Merge them back into the household with all their money.

Yes, it's easy to 'just not do the stupid cheaty thing,' but I'm always intensely uncomfortable when the game has, programmed into its normal gameplay, things so easily exploited that they must have noticed it when they implemented them. I wish they'd leave stuff that borked for console commands, so you know you're cheating when you do it.

literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
Re: The Bork Pool for L&P Sims2 'Apartment Life/Fill Up With All The Odds & Ends'EP8
« Reply #107 on: 2008 August 22, 20:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the extra moneys only happened if someone moves out of an existing household?  So a CAS family of 8 would have 20,000 but if, for whatever reason, half the family moved out then they would get the 20,000 +.  I don't really pay enough attention to family funds to know how move outs work now.
[/quote]

Yes, that's right (according to Prima).  This is still the case that no20khandout is concerned with, though -- it's not just about not manipulating the Merge Household tool, but also about not generating money out of thin air when one part of a family moves out of the home.  In other words, the leaving member should only take their fair share of the household money, rather than an arbitrary 20,000+.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 August 22, 23:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the latest "feature" confirmed in the Prima guide preview chapter -- not only do you now get a §20,000 handout upon moving out, but also additional money for every person you move out with you: §5,000 for every adult or elder, §3,000 for every teen, §2,000 for every child, and §1,000 for every toddler.  Is a bork still a bork if they meant to do it?  My psychic abilities foresee a noreallyno20k+handout hack coming very, very soon.
Did they say in ADDITION to the free 20K, or INSTEAD of? Seems a bit pointless to have apartments if they're going to give you so much that you wouldn't need one. And I'm guessing that if I simply don't bother updating no20K to support that feature, the old rule will remain.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 August 22, 23:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To quote the Prima chapter directly: "Now, moving out families return to the Family bin with §20,000 (for the first adult or elder) plus an extra amount for each...."

borkborkbork

Edited to fix a typo.  Please don't eat me.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
somnambulist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 August 23, 00:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets sleeping on the murphy bed will either refuse to shoo when you want to close the bed (realistic) or will instead become permanently stuck in the bed.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 August 23, 00:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too right! That's assuming, of course, that the bed's even enabled for Pets interactions in the first place...  Roll Eyes

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 August 23, 03:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's assuming, of course, that the bed's even enabled for Pets interactions in the first place...  Roll Eyes

We have a winner!

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 August 23, 21:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All children in apartments you're not currently playing will arrive home in separate school buses, causing major lag and probably a crash.

The green glow of the witches (which we can't turn off) will cause random crashes for Nvidia cards, and EAxis will send us to Nvidia for the fix (and Nvidia won't have one).

The butler will have more of a bathing obsession than the nanny.

EA will release the EP and forget to add any tiles that look like ceiling tiles.  They will offer ONE downloadable tile on the website, made by MaxoidMonkey, six months after release.  It will not show up in-game and be removed from the site.

Casting spells won't work on any community lots.

The slide animation will be borked, causing Sims to sink into the ground.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 August 25, 11:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The custom content dialog at startup will be reset to "disable" and the program will crash if it is set to "enable." EA tech support indicates that this is working as intended.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 August 25, 12:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since some players claim they now have the game, the Bork Pool for Apartment Life is now closed.  Congrats Grugly for being the last contestant.  Smiley

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 August 26, 20:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let the real bug reports begin!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: