More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 21:57:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a new no-CD/no-DVD crack for FT patch #2??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a new no-CD/no-DVD crack for FT patch #2??  (Read 10296 times)
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Is there a new no-CD/no-DVD crack for FT patch #2??
« on: 2008 June 07, 11:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the genuine copies of Sims 2 games, but I hate that i need to find my disc everytime I wanna start the game! What's more, I play most of my video games on my notebook, it's pointless to bring around those all those game discs. Does anyone know if there is a new crack for the 2nd patch for FT?

I've heard form SnootySims that there is a new crack already: http://www.snootysims.com/  Tongue
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Is there a new no-CD/no-DVD crack for FT patch #2??
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 07, 12:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No there's no new crack as of yet. Also, instead of asking, why don't you bookmark GCW page for FT and go check everyday if they've released it?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 07, 13:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er.. that does look like the new one.  Has anyone tried it out?

Edit: I don't know if thats an actual no-cd though.  Maybe just a fixed .exe?
« Last Edit: 2008 June 07, 13:31:05 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 07, 13:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't there a hundred threads about this already.
gamecopyworld has nothing new as of yet.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 07, 13:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but the securom site does.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims-2/318296-conflict-emulation-software-detected-2.html

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 07, 14:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a no-cd crack. It's just the 'edited' version of the SecuROM infected exe. IIRC that's exactly what Sam offered back then; to send an email containing an analysis file (which everybody refused to) to the SecuROM support team and get an edited version of the executable made compatible for your machine.

I don't even consider it as a 'fixed exe' Tongue not in the context of the cracking scene.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 07, 15:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the genuine copies of Sims 2 games, but I hate that i need to find my disc everytime I wanna start the game! What's more, I play most of my video games on my notebook, it's pointless to bring around those all those game discs. Does anyone know if there is a new crack for the 2nd patch for FT?

I've heard form SnootySims that there is a new crack already: http://www.snootysims.com/  Tongue

I also have a legit copy, but want to use the no-CD crack for my laptop and also just to spare the CD itself from wear.  GCW does have a version for Patch #1, but not Patch #2.  For now, I am staying away from Patch #2.  Patch 1 works along with the 3rd party fixes that are here on this site, along with the fixes Lord Darcy has come out with.  This should hold us over until a No-CD fix for Patch #2 comes out.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 08, 02:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still wondering if anyone has dared to try an unholy hybrid with the no-SecuRom .exe from the first FT patch?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
celendis
Asinine Airhead

"I like this noob!" -Kazzandra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 08, 06:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I "needed" the FT 2 patch for the ATI HD video card fix. I haven't tried it out to see if it works, however. In any event, I am using a fixed disc image from GCW loaded with daemon tools (lite) will all emulators on. It does the SecuROM CD cursor, and launches after you make some coffee and sandwiches.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 08, 07:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I "needed" the FT 2 patch for the ATI HD video card fix. I haven't tried it out to see if it works, however.

Have you updated your graphic card driver? The ATI bug was fixed for me by installing new Catalyst v8.5 driver, even though I didn't install the second patch yet.

Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 08, 08:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does anyone know how I'd go about disabling any cd/dvd burning software?
I tried shutting down all my process with task manager, but my game kept crashing, lol. Anyway I reformatted my computer yesterday. So is it safe to say securom bye-bye? Is it now safe to install everything again and then just playing from a no-cd crack? Is there one for the new patch yet?

Love isn't finding someone you can live with . . .It's finding someone you can't live with out.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 08, 09:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the 'fix' linked to on SnootySims? It seems to be working for people who had their game crashing due to emulation software conflicts after installing patch #2. It does not get rid of SecuRom but rather provides a new updated .exe it so that the game can be played.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 08, 12:58:06 by vilia » Logged
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 08, 12:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you even read the first post of this thread?

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 08, 13:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Tigerlilley - yep I did. I was trying to take the same information as mentioned by the original poster & you and then explain it in a different way so that it would make sense for Lullabelle who seems to be having problems understanding exactly how to get SecuRom free and how to update FT.

@ Lullabelle, if you have reformatted your computer completely and not found any signs of Securom then you should be fine to reinstall all of your Sims2 games. Just don't install any of the FreeTime patches yet until a no-cd crack for patch #2 is released. You will need to install a no-cd crack for FreeTime 1.0 though in the meantime so you don't get SecuRom again.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 08, 13:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Tigerlilley - yep I did. I was trying to take the same information as mentioned by the original poster & you and then explain it in a different way so that it would make sense for Lullabelle who seems to be having problems understanding exactly how to get SecuRom free and how to update FT.

My bad.  As you were.

moonsgal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 12, 03:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heard the current nocd crack works fine with the 2nd patch. When you install the 2nd patch you just need to replace the .exe again.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 12, 03:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heard the current nocd crack works fine with the 2nd patch. When you install the 2nd patch you just need to replace the .exe again.
You haven't been paying attention, have you? Running a patched game with an unpatched .exe (or a past-patch .exe) is not good. Whether it looks to you or your brother or your entire 9th grade class like there's no conflicts, you can't guarantee there aren't.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
moonsgal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 12, 16:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am just passing word from what i heard from another forum as someone said it had worked for them, though i don't agree either in running a past patch. I don't see why some bother downloading ea's patches at all when there are better fixes here.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 12, 16:38:21 by moonsgal » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 13, 02:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it was a false alarm then?

Its funny to think that AL is just round the corner. i just hope the patched exe no2  does come out sooner rather than later.
at the longest we'll be using the new exe for a matter of weeks
NikonSnow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 13, 02:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned AL is the new patch. This asshattery is strictly mutton (new suckurom) dressed as lamb (delicious patch) and nothing more.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: