More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:20:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Categorizing problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Categorizing problem  (Read 4715 times)
Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Categorizing problem
« on: 2008 June 06, 02:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used Sims 2 Categorizer (Sim Wardrobe) for a long time without problems.  Recently some items don't appear in the new category in Buy Mode despite having changes saved in Sims2Cat.  The item that I notice most is echo-3x4-floorrug because I use the recolors so often.  It stays in Decorative/Miscellaneous regardless of the changes I make with Sims2Cat.

I rarely use SimPE and don't really understand the mechanics of item creation/modification, but I opened the rug package with SimPE and it appears to have the correct subcategory (Decorative/Rugs).

I deleted cache files and reinstalled Kitchen Stuffpack because I thought there might be a corrupt file.  That didn't help.

I'd appreciate some advice on the problem - I looked on the Sim Wardrobe support forum but it doesn't appear to be very active.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Categorizing problem
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 06, 03:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd suggest that you redownload Echo's rug and change it with SimPE, not Sims2Cat. As you already know how to check subcategory in SimPE, you'll know how to change it in SimPE as well. It's really easy, the rug is already categorized under Decorative, you only have to change subcategory. Select Decorative / Rug in the pulldown box. Press Commit button in the left. Save (ctrl-S).

Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 07, 00:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I gave it a try and replaced the modified Echo's rug with a fresh download.  I opened it in SimPE, selected Decorative/Rugs, hit commit, hit save.  In game it's still in the Decorative/Miscellaneous category.  I went back in to SimPE after I exited the game to make sure the changes were actually saved and they appear to have been - it still says Decorative/Rugs.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 07, 02:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you don't have a duplicate file for the rug mesh somewhere? If the duplicate mesh loads after the edited one, the duplicate will override the edited one.

Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 07, 02:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I run clean installer it doesn't show duplicates, but it's possible.  I have a lot of CC.  In fact, there is another 3x4 rug object that I can't modify either.  I'll remove my Rugs folder from Downloads and only use the Echo rug and see if it works that way.
Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 07, 18:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the duplicate hidden in a subfolder - thanks so much for your help.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 08, 18:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a HUGE amount of CC (over 12,000 files, which seems like a lot to me), pretty much all split up into subfolders by creator, with special folders for creators with a large # of meshes. I find it helps every once in a while to let Clean Installer slog through my entire Downloads folder recursively to track down any duplicates that may be lurking in subfolders, just in case something gets accidentally misfiled. It took me a while to realize that duplicates wouldn't be detected if not in the same folder unless the program scanned every file in every folder at once. Sure, the scan takes forever, but is well worth it for improved game stability.
Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 08, 20:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't feel so bad now - I have around 15,000 CC files and was ashamed to admit it.  I'm normally very careful with my filing system, and use subfolders by type of content.  I play medieval neighborhoods almost exclusively and put CC that's not appropriate for the time period in a folder outside the game - to be used on those rare times I play another theme.  This was one of those times.  I've learned my lesson though - any time I move a large amount of content into the game, I'll run Clean Installer to look for duplicates before playing.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: