More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:05:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't Delete Some CC Types in CAS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't Delete Some CC Types in CAS  (Read 3776 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Can't Delete Some CC Types in CAS
« on: 2008 June 06, 00:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to spend more time downloading, deleting, and organizing than actually playing the game. -.- Anyway, I'm culling custom stuff again and CAS is being weird. Specifically, I can delete hair and clothing with no problems in it, but the trash button does not appear for eyes, makeup, possibly some other types of content. This is across the board for each content type -- I have not found any custom hair that was undeletable, for example, but don't have any eyes that will permit me to delete them either. Is this some sort of weird new EP/SP issue (as the sig says, I have everything released so far) or is it just me? Anyone seen the issue before to know what it is? None of the searches I tried (on the top level of the site) yielded any threads except one that didn't have anything related, and I'm tired of using Body Shop to delete the stuff instead.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't Delete Some CC Types in CAS
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 06, 02:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem, as well, and only have EPs up to BV and SPs up to H&M. Alas, I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it, but I am interested in the answers, if anybody knows them.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 06, 04:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All stuffits, expansions, up to Kitchen and Bath. Report that I cannot delete makeup, facial hair, glasses-- or everything in step 4 of CAS.

Might be intentional. Might have something to do with BV jewelry.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 07, 00:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I have plenty of ways to delete things without resorting to Clean Installer. And I didn't have any problems deleting those kinds of CC after Seasons -- a few weeks ago I added BV and FT in one go, plus all the stuff packs I didn't already have (Holiday, Celebrations, Teen Style, and Kitchen and Bath, iirc), and that's when it started. And yes, it's primarily all the stuff on the 4th section of CAS, although it also affects eye colors. Intentional and BV-related is possible, although since I was still following the community in general pretty closely as BV was coming out and people were adjusting, I'm surprised I didn't hear about it then if so.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 07, 18:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can honestly say that when I discovered that those objects could not be deleted in CAS, I call EA Games Corp office. I was told that it was intentionally deleted by developers of Bon Voyage and unlikely to ever be reinstated. The bbs has some item posted that is suppose to enabled those cc to be deleted, but it is by thumbnail viewing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: