More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:31:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Binning owned community lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Binning owned community lots  (Read 3075 times)
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Binning owned community lots
« on: 2008 June 07, 14:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will it borkinate anything to put an owned community lot into the Lot Bin? I know that the owner will no longer own the property, but that's okay. I'm trying to take the lazy way of reorganizing my business structure without having to go into a ton of lots to sell off the businesses, but if doing it the fast and dirty way causes problems with either the owners or the businesses I'll bite the bullet and do it the long way.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Binning owned community lots
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 07, 14:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just play the owner's lot, and have him/her sell it first? 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 07, 19:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to take the lazy way of reorganizing my business structure without having to go into a ton of lots to sell off the businesses,

I can imagine KLGFCG's point.  At the end of my Royal Kingdom Challenge, i had 30 families, and over half of them owned one or more businesses.  When i re-organized and moved families to different sub-hoods, the thought of going thru each lot just to check who owned what business and then either sell it or deed it to other playables in addition to setting everyone up properly was daunting.
   At that point, it became easier to just kill off most of the hood, then play with the survivors.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 07, 21:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done it before and never noticed any problems.  The owner will get the money for it, and everything should still be inside the way you left it last.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 07, 21:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will it borkinate anything to put an owned community lot into the Lot Bin? I know that the owner will no longer own the property, but that's okay. I'm trying to take the lazy way of reorganizing my business structure without having to go into a ton of lots to sell off the businesses, but if doing it the fast and dirty way causes problems with either the owners or the businesses I'll bite the bullet and do it the long way.

If you don't fire or lay off the employees first, they'll still think that they work at the nonexistent place of employment.  If they're playables, it's realtively easy to go and make them quit. If they're townies, and if it matters,  you'll have to invite them to a house,  make them selectable, and then have them quit.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: