More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:26:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing a Terrain
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing a Terrain  (Read 3480 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Changing a Terrain
« on: 2008 June 02, 20:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I know there's a cheat that will let you change the type of terrain in the neighborhood view, but that doesn't effect the view from inside the lots of that neighborhood. (I.E. I can change desert to concrete or whatever)

Does anyone know of a way to actually get it to change completely, so it's viewable like that from within the lots? I've poked around, but my google-fu is poor and I haven't seen any resolution. I'm thinking maybe terrain surgery would work, but attempting that scares me a bit.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Re: Changing a Terrain
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 02, 21:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to get the new terrain to show from inside the lot, you have to pick it up and move it, then move it back.  It's a pain, I know.  I had to do that for my apocalypse lot after I changed the nbhood terrain to desert.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 02, 23:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search on "terrain surgery" - there are a couple of threads that might help.

Tribulatio proxima est
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 04, 09:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to get the new terrain to show from inside the lot, you have to pick it up and move it, then move it back.  It's a pain, I know.  I had to do that for my apocalypse lot after I changed the nbhood terrain to desert.

So as long as I pick up and move each lot, the neighborhood should show up with its new terrain type?

Do I need to do this with community lots as well? I'm guessing I do. Since this is downtown, that's a lot of lots, but it'll be worth it. I'm sick of looking at concrete as far as the eye can see.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 04, 15:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I've had is on some lots- maybe all of them, I can't remember- the original terrain shows up just on the edge of the lot.  You know, the little one-square strip of land next to the sidewalk opposit the front of the lot?  That.  But it has been a while since I've noticed it, so it could have been fixed with some patch or I could just be so used to it I don't see it anymore.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 05, 20:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked up and shuffled all the lots, and it seems to be working just fine now. Thanks so much, Snoot. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: